Halliburton Agrees To Plead Guilty To Destruction Of Evidence In 2010 BP Spill.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Halliburton Agrees To Plead Guilty To Destruction Of Evidence In 2010 BP Spill, Pay Maximum Fine.

Why the heck does the government keep doing business with these folks. They really should be in jail.

On Thursday, the Department of Justice announced that Halliburton had agreed to plead guilty to criminally destroying evidence in the investigation of the BP Gulf oil spill in 2010. The company “signed a cooperation and guilty plea agreement,” will pay the maximum fine of $200,000, and undergo three years of probation. It also had already made a $55 million voluntary contribution to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.

Halliburton was the oil services company that oversaw the cement pouring while the Macondo well was drilled. The well malfunctioned on April 20, 2010, causing an uncontrolled blowout on the Deepwater Horizon rig and an explosion that killed 11 people and caused the largest oil spill in U.S. history.
Halliburton Agrees To Plead Guilty To Destruction Of Evidence In 2010 BP Spill, Pay Maximum Fine | ThinkProgress

Halliburton Agrees To Plead Guilty To Destruction Of Evidence In 2010 BP Spill, Pay Maximum Fine.

Why the heck does the government keep doing business with these folks. They really should be in jail.

On Thursday, the Department of Justice announced that Halliburton had agreed to plead guilty to criminally destroying evidence in the investigation of the BP Gulf oil spill in 2010. The company “signed a cooperation and guilty plea agreement,” will pay the maximum fine of $200,000, and undergo three years of probation. It also had already made a $55 million voluntary contribution to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.

Halliburton was the oil services company that oversaw the cement pouring while the Macondo well was drilled. The well malfunctioned on April 20, 2010, causing an uncontrolled blowout on the Deepwater Horizon rig and an explosion that killed 11 people and caused the largest oil spill in U.S. history.
Halliburton Agrees To Plead Guilty To Destruction Of Evidence In 2010 BP Spill, Pay Maximum Fine | ThinkProgress

issa%252520redacted_thumb%25255B8%25255D.jpg

issa%252520redacted_thumb%25255B8%25255D.jpg

:confused:

It's a shame the abuse American companies have to endure from its own government.

This can't possibly be a surprise. Remember, after Republicans apologized to BP, they blocked the president at least 4 times that I'm aware of from being able to investigate.

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans

They did this to give BP and it's minions time to hide or destroy evidence. Republicans get all bent when you talk about this, but it can't be denied. "It's right there".

I remember when Republicans on this board said their party would never block a BP investigation. They called me every name they could think of. When it showed up on Fox, they grew strangely quiet.

This can't possibly be a surprise. Remember, after Republicans apologized to BP, they blocked the president at least 4 times that I'm aware of from being able to investigate.

They did this to give BP and it's minions time to hide or destroy evidence. Republicans get all bent when you talk about this, but it can't be denied. "It's right there".

it never ceases to amaze me how dishonest you are. you were thoroughly debunked in your thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congr...ans-block-bp-investigation-2.html#post2785499

and:

Okay, it turns out Senate Republicans are going to do the right thing and support giving officials the subpoena power to probe BP.

The Senate GOP leadership has decided they have no objections to legislation giving subpoena power to the White House commission probing the oil spill, and will not block the bill from moving forward, aides tell me. The move will cheer liberals and Dems who were hoping to move this towards passage quickly.

The Plum Line - Good: Senate GOP will lift block on subpoena power against BP

do you honestly think anyone sane believes your lies?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDwUC3utq-8]Barton apologizes to BP - YouTube[/ame]

This is how conservatives truly feel about the deaths of Americans.

They apologize to the killers.

:mad:

what sallow of course ignores is that barton said holder was correct in conducting a criminal investigation, but that he felt the 20 billion dollars was a shakedown...that is the only thing he apologized for.

liar

what sallow of course ignores is that barton said holder was correct in conducting a criminal investigation, but that he felt the 20 billion dollars was a shakedown...that is the only thing he apologized for.

liar

The criminal investigation came. Eventually. Republicans knew they would pay a price for supporting a company who brought such damage to the country. But by blocking it for as long as they could, it gave BP a chance to destroy and hide evidence. That's what the current issue is all about. Did they hide or destroy evidence. Historically, something like this has been investigated immediately. Republicans made sure that didn't happen this time.

Why do you think they blocked a government investigation at least four times?

liar

If I drive drunk, hit you with my car, then you sue me, is it a "shakedown"?????

liar

If I drive drunk, hit you with my car, then you sue me, is it a "shakedown"?????

didn't say i agree with him now did i. but sallow said he was apologizing for killing people, not true...he simply felt the 20 billion was a shakedown and it may or may not be.

if i sue you, no not a shakedown. however, if i sue you for 20 billion dollars, would you consider that a shakedown or excessive? the shakedown comes from it being the government.

liar

The criminal investigation came. Eventually. Republicans knew they would pay a price for supporting a company who brought such damage to the country. But by blocking it for as long as they could, it gave BP a chance to destroy and hide evidence. That's what the current issue is all about. Did they hide or destroy evidence. Historically, something like this has been investigated immediately. Republicans made sure that didn't happen this time.

see post 9 and then get back to me with the truth...when are you going to apologize for calling me a liar about you mentioning nambla before that post?

liar

see post 9 and then get back to me with the truth...when are you going to apologize for calling me a liar about you mentioning nambla before that post?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORbqq_FHoM]BP Investigation Blocked By Senate - YouTube[/ame]

I don't understand your point. Here is video of the Republicans blocking a BP investigation.

And I never heard of NAMBLA before I heard about it from Republicans. In fact, when I saw the letters the first time, I had to Google it to find out what it was. Like I said, Republicans are more knowledgeable on these things than I am. How is that a lie?

Why Are Senate Republicans Running Defense for BP?

But since senators have already gone home for the July 4 recess, we'll have to wait until July 12 for the bill to be offered again.

-----------------------------

See what I'm saying? By Republicans dragging it out for as long as possible, it gave BP time to hide and destroy evidence.

Forum List

Back