Good TV shows?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Anything else that is good besides Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad? Why is most television trash? Why can't it all be quality?

Two of the shows you mentioned are cancelled. The other is written by a bunch of idiots.

I don't know if most television is trash.............................

But then again, my favorite channels are Discovery, the History Channel, and the Food Network.

Yeah......................if you like trashy television, you can find it.

However.....................if you like television that can teach you things, you can find it.

Me? I prefer the shows that can actually teach me things.

So your favorite channels are currently airing Nutribullet informercials and Pawn Star marathons. Alrighty then.

I like:

Dude Youre Screwed
NCIS
Survivor
Chopped
Cut Throat Kitchen
Antiques Roadshow
Frasier
Nature Shows

Actually there are too many to list.

CBS, as always, has a great lineup.
NBC has Blacklist and a couple of other.
USA and TNT have some other good shows.

Here are a few I like:

- Blacklist
- The Americans
- Justified
- Black Sail
- Homeland

Anything else that is good besides Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad? Why is most television trash? Why can't it all be quality?

I think TV today is better than it has ever been

Better written and better acted than most movies. All because it is no longer controlled by the major networks

Anything that involves space battles and space ships being blown up? And no Star Trek and Star Wars don't count. Give us a sci fi show that is relatable and not considered nerdy.

Anything that involves space battles and space ships being blown up? And no Star Trek and Star Wars don't count. Give us a sci fi show that is relatable and not considered nerdy.

You have just missed an entire rerun of Star gate sg1 on British TV channel 11. It took the best part of 2014 to run the entire series every week day. I watched almost all of it.

I like Babylon 5 and Farscape - excellent series.

There's a really good series about Continental spies during the American Revolution starring Burn Gorman and Jaime Bell. It's called Turn, and it doesn't pull any punches.

There's a really good series about Continental spies during the American Revolution starring Burn Gorman and Jaime Bell. It's called Turn, and it doesn't pull any punches.

It was on AMC and the few I saw were quite well done.

That's an excellent show!

I think TV today is better than it has ever been

Better written and better acted than most movies. All because it is no longer controlled by the major networks

1998-1999 was the high water mark for movies. The Matrix, American Beauty, Fight Club, The 6th Sense, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, Talented Mr Ripley, Office Space, The Mummy, Three Kings, Man on the Moon, Dogma, Ghost Dog, Big Lebowski, Private Ryan, Truman Show, Something About Mary, American History X, Galaxy Quest, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, etc.

That was also the beginning of the new Star Wars movies featuring JarJar Binks, and other lame franchise flicks, spelling the impending decline in movies. But Sopranos debuted on HBO, after being rejected by several cable stations.

I don't like many of the TV shows mentioned in this thread, and others I've never seen but there's something to be found for everyone it's safe to say. There's never been a better time to be a writer for TV.

Forum List

Back