Death of TV golden age

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
nolte:%20%E2%80%98Sopranos%E2%80%99%20Creator%20David%20Chase%20Says%20TV%E2%80%99s%20Golden%20Age%20Is%20Dead
Nolte: ā€˜Sopranosā€™ Creator David Chase Says TVā€™s Golden Age Is Dead

So very true !! The shows the last 15 years are leftist propaganda with zero feeling and zero thoughts

Sopranos , Breaking Bad and Shield will never happen again
The Sopranos was on HBO--a paid subscription service. They can do anything they want. Just because the audience wants have changes doesn't mean TV is dead. I mean he cited the Battlestar Galactica reboot which, for its time, was a bit woke. People certainly didn't love that they made Starbuck a woman, and spent a third to a half of every episode in Gaius's psyche, let alone the romance between Adama and the President.

I watched a few episodes of The Sopranos recently, it does not stand the test of time. I enjoyed the show immensely when it aired originally, save for the shitty final episode, but find it almost unwatchable today. Not so The Wire, Deadwood, and OZ...

I think Chase may be a little high on himself.

I watched a few episodes of The Sopranos recently, it does not stand the test of time. I enjoyed the show immensely when it aired originally, save for the shitty final episode, but find it almost unwatchable today. Not so The Wire, Deadwood, and OZ...

I think Chase may be a little high on himself.
Oz great show..........

Yellowstone was great, as were the spin-offs, though they were on subscription.

If Blue Bloods and Young Sheldon are truly on their way to wrapping up later this year. There isn't going to be anything else new for me to go tuning into.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I have seen word that Young Sheldon could get spin off program, but as of right now, it isn't a done deal yet and that is if it does happen at all.

Breaking Bad was, in my opinion, the best tv show ever. THIS was the reason television was created.

Number 2: Sledge Hammer Sledgehammer (disambiguation) - Wikipedia!

Number 3: Salvage One (w/Andy Griffith)

Number 3: Sons of Anarchy (prior to the Jimmy Smits era).

Number 4: Bassmaster - I love fishing shows

Number 5: I do not even have a number 5. There is only 4 shows in the upper echelon.

When I was growing up, television programming reflected positive values in many ways:
  • Families generally included a Mother, Father, and kids, with the mother staying at home.
  • Religion was rarely introduced, but always in a positive light.
  • In detective/law enforcement stories, the bad guys were always bad guys and they always got caught, usually went to jail.
  • Major characters generally spoke grammatical English unless their character was pointedly ignorant and uneducated.
  • Parents, older people, and people in authority were respected, unless disrespect was part of the story line, in which case it was corrected, unambiguously.
  • Military programs portrayed serving in the Armed Forces positively, even when it was a comedy (Gomer Pyle).
  • Men who physically attacked women were treated in the script as lowlifes. None of the programs ever portrayed a woman beating up a man. The audience knew this was preposterous absent some extraordinary circumstance.
  • Religious figures were treated with respect unless they were blatant charlatans.
  • Gross immorality - adultery, theft, fraud, sodomy, abortion, child abuse - were treated unambiguously as evil, and not as alternate lifestyles.
  • Black people were generally portrayed in a positive light, and discrimination was treated as evil, with the discriminators demonized.
Today's program turns Middle-class values on their head. Up is down and down is up.

Breaking Bad was, in my opinion, the best tv show ever. THIS was the reason television was created.

Number 5: I do not even have a number 5. There is only 4 shows in the upper echelon.
Yes BB was A plus from every single episode

Sopranos was only good a few seasons

Sledge Hammer :auiqs.jpg:

You sure you didn't mean Mike Hammer?

I used to like Highlander.

Forum List

Back