Good principles

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
What are good principles to live by and how can we better live those principles?

Live and let live.

Resist the urge to tell other people how to live.

So you see someone putting themselves in danger, you don't think you have an obligation to speak up and warn them?

Check when you've got a pair in the hole and never chase an inside straight.

Oh, yeah, one more minor one: You are your brother's keeper.

Know when to hold'em.
Know when to fold'em.
Know when to walk away.
Know when to RUN !
:cool:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPq2LdmiOo]Carole King - It's Too Late - Live 1971 - YouTube[/ame]

As wide advice :
Do as ye will and harm none.
As personal advice: If you done NEED it, don't buy it. If you already did ? Ebay is your friend.:lol:

do no harm...treat others as you wish to be treated.....leave a quarter where a kid can find it...

dont eat at place called 'mom's'
dont play poker with a man called 'doc'
and never get involved with a person who has more problems than you

do no harm...treat others as you wish to be treated.....leave a quarter where a kid can find it...

dont eat at place called 'mom's'
dont play poker with a man called 'doc'
and never get involved with a person who has more problems than you

Never get involved in a land war in Asia (That's actually good advice)

Live and let live.

So you see someone putting themselves in danger, you don't think you have an obligation to speak up and warn them?

Not sure I'd call it an obligation, but I'd certainly want to do so. I value community.

But that's not what I meant by telling other people how to live. There's a distinct difference between offering advice and forcing others to comply with your idea of the good life.

Charlton Heston gave us 10 good ones.
2392605464_6feb523779.jpg

Live and let live.

Not sure I'd call it an obligation, but I'd certainly want to do so. I value community.

But that's not what I meant by telling other people how to live. There's a distinct difference between offering advice and forcing others to comply with your idea of the good life.

Nobody can force anyone to live any way they "dont" wish to. Christians CAN NOT tell you how to live. All we can do is give you some good advice. You have free will to do what you want, just as all of us do. I admit some people can get pretty pushy tho. Some people don't know how to come across when talking to others about God. I'm a Christian and i won't put up with anyone acting high and mighty and telling me that i need to change my ways or i'm going to hell.

Treat people with respect if you want it in return. I've found more people will talk to me and may even show some interest if i treat them with kindness and as a friend....i'm no better than a non-believer, we're all human and make mistakes. The difference is, i'm sure i am going to be with God when i die and it makes my life on this miserable planet more bearable.

Live and let live.

I dont think we can force people to do things. They have to consent at some point.

Forum List

Back