Good principles

Think of others while you act for yourself.

There may be only one solution to the problem at hand, but there exists many ways to achieve it.

Personal Happiness should not always be sought.

Loving parents spank their bad children. Uncaring parents promote bad behavior in children.

As Desperation steps in, Morality tends to step out. (Do not place oneself or others into desperate situations)

Women like sex too. They are usually to shy to ask for it!

Hmmm--I don't know if the above are princples, or personal sayings. you figure it out!

Last edited:
So you see someone putting themselves in danger, you don't think you have an obligation to speak up and warn them?

Not sure I'd call it an obligation, but I'd certainly want to do so. I value community.

But that's not what I meant by telling other people how to live. There's a distinct difference between offering advice and forcing others to comply with your idea of the good life.

I dont think we can force people to do things. They have to consent at some point.

Or else what? Not sure what you mean.

Not sure I'd call it an obligation, but I'd certainly want to do so. I value community.

But that's not what I meant by telling other people how to live. There's a distinct difference between offering advice and forcing others to comply with your idea of the good life.

I dont think we can force people to do things. They have to consent at some point.

Or else nothing. You can't be forced to do things without your consent at some point.

Or else nothing. You can't be forced to do things without your consent at some point.

So, if someone points a gun at your head and says "gimme your wallet!", you're consenting if you hand it over? That's a fairly specious definition of consent, don't you think?

Last edited:
So, if someone points a gun at your head and says "gimme your wallet!", you're consenting if you hand it over? That's a fairly specious definition of consent, don't you think?

Yes. You have other choices.

You can fight back.

You can refuse to give him anything.

You might find the level of risk compelling to submit and comply. But you have the choice whether you do or not.

The ability to force someone to do something becomes even more difficult when it comes to religion. You can't force people to believe in something. You might be able to force them to profess a belief. You might be able to force them to go to Church. But you can't force them to have faith or make real changes to their life. It's impossible to police someone's thoughts and their hearts.

Yes. You have other choices.

You can fight back.

You can refuse to give him anything.

You might find the level of risk compelling to submit and comply. But you have the choice whether you do or not.

The ability to force someone to do something becomes even more difficult when it comes to religion. You can't force people to believe in something. You might be able to force them to profess a belief. You might be able to force them to go to Church. But you can't force them to have faith or make real changes to their life. It's impossible to police someone's thoughts and their hearts.
'

Alright. Well, I guess I just don't know what you're point is then. I was simply describing what 'live and let live' means to me.

Forum List

Back