Good News

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Republican consultant Charley Manning is replacing the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh on WRKO radio starting Monday.

WRKO bumps Rush Limbaugh for Charley Manning - BostonHerald.com

:clap2:

don't let the door hit your sorry, fat ass on the way out.

he's going to some no name station further up the dial that isn't on my presets so now i don't have to worry about hearing him by accident.

w000t!

The station is going for local programming and issues. Good for them. I wonder if the cheaper costs of programming played in at all? Also, will the station lose a significant number of listeners?

• Banned
The station is going for local programming and issues. Good for them. I wonder if the cheaper costs of programming played in at all? Also, will the station lose a significant number of listeners?

his contract was running out and this other station wanted him. i'm sure his agent pushed for more $$$, and RKO said thanks, but no thanks.

i don't know if it will cost them listeners, but i'm sure manning works a lot cheaper than rush and doesn't come with all the restrictions in terms of advertising sales-i.e. RKO can sell all the time rather than having to give some to limbaugh's national sponsors.

manning's a pretty bright guy; i'll check him out.

A more moderate voice added would be welcomed. Maybe he'll grow a national audience as time goes by.

his contract was running out and this other station wanted him. i'm sure his agent pushed for more $$$, and RKO said thanks, but no thanks.

i don't know if it will cost them listeners, but i'm sure manning works a lot cheaper than rush and doesn't come with all the restrictions in terms of advertising sales-i.e. RKO can sell all the time rather than having to give some to limbaugh's national sponsors.

manning is a heck of a lot smarter than rushbot. he's more civil and more interesting.

maybe THAT is why they're dumping the rushbot?

either way, here's to charley manning :beer:

• Banned

manning is a heck of a lot smarter than rushbot. he's more civil and more interesting.

there are feral dogs that are more civil than limbaugh. :)

i think they're dumping him because of money-Entercom is hurting in general, but i like charlie and he brings a lot more light than heat to the table.

:beer:

Rush doesn't need to be civil. He has no peer, and his show consists of Rush and his own commentary only.

Despite the left's tendency to label anyone who doesn't fall lockstep for liberal rhetoric as "stupid" Rush is exceedingly intelligent. He created his niche and there is nobody who even comes close in terms of respect garnered, money earned, and stick-to-itness..without being dependent upon anyone.

• Banned
Rush doesn't need to be civil. He has no peer, and his show consists of Rush and his own commentary only.

Despite the left's tendency to label anyone who doesn't fall lockstep for liberal rhetoric as "stupid" Rush is exceedingly intelligent. He created his niche and there is nobody who even comes close in terms of respect garnered, money earned, and stick-to-itness..without being dependent upon anyone.

i'm sure there are people, like yourself, who consider him exceedingly intelligent.

he certainly is peerless.

thank god for small favors he's also gone.

Mitt Romney Not Likely To Run In 2012
November 8, 2008
Charley Manning, a longtime friend and advisor of Mitt Romney, had some very interesting things to say about the political future of the former Massachusetts governor today. Manning served as a consultant on Romney’s 1994 campaign for senate, his 2002 campaign for governor as well as the presidential campaign and remains close to him. For the last several weeks, I’ve been appearing with Manning on the Hank Morse Show on 96.9 FM-talk, WTKK.

Today’s show began with a discussion of The Boston Herald’s story implicating pro-Romney forces in the distribution of leaks unfavorable to Sarah Palin. After saying he would never hire the type of people who would leak negative information about a campaign they had just worked on, Manning gave his opinion on what Romney might do.

“I’d be surprised if Mitt ever ran again for president…I sure don’t think it was the best experience of his life,” Manning said. Manning cited the disappointment Romney experienced in hearing the level of anti-Mormon bias in the Republican primaries. “There are other things he can do,” Manning asserted.

Charley Manning Dispatches from Seth Gitell

We will soon see how well he prognosticates.

Not a big deal on the opposite coast. Rush is on his 4th station in Portland.

He was even on 620AM, which after he moved back to KXL became the local Air America affiliate.

I would have loved to have seen the expression on some listener's face the morning he tuned in to Rush and heard Rhandi Rhodes instead.

I'm sure Rush is all broken up over this decision. :lol:

i'm sure that your anal tongue baths will turn his frown upside down.

:thup:

bend over and spread your cheeks. here comes your anal tongue bath.
102-pod-mammal.jpg

Last edited:

there are feral dogs that are more civil than limbaugh. :)

i think they're dumping him because of money-Entercom is hurting in general, but i like charlie and he brings a lot more light than heat to the table.

:beer:

hopefully, a lot more stations will start following suit. I may follow him online just to up his ratings. ;)

:lol: ain't that olbernotaman still blathering on MSNBC, please don't bullshit the troops by trying to say liberals want civil.. what a freaking hoot. :lol: errrr loon.

We want more civil discourse is the new Democrat mantra. Translation is, please do things our way, the party is too screwed up internally to be effective on its own.

Forum List

Back