Good News From Iraq?

Hagbard Celine said:
Many feel that the lack of good news coming from Iraq is evidence of a vast media conspiracy to soil the Bush administration's war on terror policy--but the truth, as always, is simpler.

CBS Reporter explains lack of good news in Iraq

PBS Video

oh ya--the truth from the network that gave us Dan Rather. You mean to tell me we aren't getting the truth because the journalists don't think it's important or they are too afraid? :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
oh ya--the truth from the network that gave us Dan Rather. You mean to tell me we aren't getting the truth because the journalists don't think it's important or they are too afraid? :rolleyes:
Actually, the report is done by PBS. The CBS reporter is an Iraq correspondent being interviewed on PBS News Hour.

And stop spinning what you read. You're getting the truth--what you're not getting are the "feel-good" stories you crave to make you feel like everything in Iraq is peachy.

If you think you could report the feel-good stories from Iraq without military protection, be my guest.

Hagbard Celine said:
Actually, the report is done by PBS. The CBS reporter is an Iraq correspondent being interviewed on PBS News Hour.

And Dan Rather was a frickin CBS anchorman who made up stories to try ruin Bushs' campaign. The liberal media loves people like you who repeat all the BS they invent.

Hagbard Celine said:
Many feel that the lack of good news coming from Iraq is evidence of a vast media conspiracy to soil the Bush administration's war on terror policy--but the truth, as always, is simpler.

PBS Video
Nearly all the MSM reporters that do show up in Iraq, stay in hotels within the green zone and don't venture out. If not for the few, mostly independents, there would be no knowledge of what goes out other than 'press releases' by the DOD and terrorists.

dilloduck said:
And Dan Rather was a frickin CBS anchorman who made up stories to try ruin Bushs' campaign. The liberal media loves people like you who repeat all the BS they invent.
This thread isn't about Dan Rather.

And to Kathianne. I guess the 39 journalists who have been kidnapped in Iraq were kidnapped in the "green zone" right? :rolleyes: I guess the 60 journalists killed in Iraq were killed in the "green zone" right? :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine said:
This thread isn't about Dan Rather.

And to Kathianne. I guess the 37 journalists who have been kidnapped in Iraq were kidnapped in the "green zone" right? :rolleyes:
Links to the 37 journalists please. How many are those that wanted to 'show the world the awful satan?' In any case, please provide bonafide links.

name one news program the reports good news ever....anywhere?....they don't....if it bleeds it leads.....all media suck....the all deal in the negative...there is no glory in reporting the good people do....journalists are crack dealers of death and destruction

Hagbard Celine said:

PBS Video

You insult not only our intelligence, but your own as well by posting this crap and trying to play it off as legitimate reasoning.

Kathianne said:
Links to the 37 journalists please. How many are those that wanted to 'show the world the awful satan?' In any case, please provide bonafide links.
Sorry, it's actually 39 journalists kidnapped and 60 killed. My mistake.

GunnyL said:
You insult not only our intelligence, but your own as well by posting this crap and trying to play it off as legitimate reasoning.

so the journalists don't report good things beacuse they are pussies....got it

manu1959 said:

Yeah, whatever happened to journalistic integrity and reporting the truth no matter what?

Oh yeah .... there never was any. Why I left journalism far behind after 4 years of it in HS.

GunnyL said:
Thanks for the insult and the lack of a reasoned response Gunny--it's good to be back on the board.

manu1959 said:
Yeah, they're pussies. That's why 60 of them have died over there and 37 have been kidnapped by terrorists.:rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine said:

And stop spinning what you read. You're getting the truth--what you're not getting are the "feel-good" stories you crave to make you feel like everything in Iraq is peachy.

If you think you could report the feel-good stories from Iraq without military protection, be my guest.

Half the truth is not the truth.

What a hoot you are. We can't get the whole truth reported because of the American failure to protect journalists? Great spin. I'm surprised CBS would even admit to not telling the whole story (but at least they have a shitty excuse to try to cover thier asses with ) :rolleyes:

GunnyL said:
Yeah, whatever happened to journalistic integrity and reporting the truth no matter what?

Oh yeah .... there never was any. Why I left journalism far behind after 4 years of it in HS.

no kidding...what a bunch of hypocrits....they won't protect me so i am only going to write bad stories about the US.....

WTF.....it is the terrorists that are killing you, you idiot......you want the soldiers and gov't to protect you yet you keep saying they are scum and the terrorist are giving us what we deserve....

morons don't know they are stupid do they?

Hagbard Celine said:
Here's the link to the Center for Protecting Journalists. They have the numbers.

CPJ
Almost all got released within a day or so. What the f is your point? Other than of course, you hope that others will just 'buy into' your POV?

Forum List

Back