Golden Oldies: Newt and the “cancer bed divorce” myth

Actually, I'm more of a centrist Republican, and I want nothing to do with the weird Mormon Robot.

In fact, I haven't seen any REAL republicans here praising Mitt, and he loses almost every straw poll he participates in.

So who you gonna chose, Mister Centrist? Oh, and the Ghost of Reagan does not count.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Newt.

You see, the thing is, I take idealogy into account, but I also take into account character, inteligence, experience, etc. Also, I really, really, really despise and loath Mormons. So that put Mitt out of the running before he even opened his mouth.

My problem with Romney is not so much his idealogy. Hell's bells, man, I don't even know what his idealogy is, exactly. Is he pro-life or pro-choice. I don't know, he's been both.

It's a lot to do with his character. Besides belonging to a religion I hate, the man strikes me as a guy who will say anything to get my vote. And frankly, I have more respect for a guy who I disagree with but is firm in his opinion than I guy I think has checked a focus group as to what he was going to say.

But what really bothers me is that the liberals are praising the crap out of Romney. When the other side tells me to go in a direction, I'm usually inclined to do a 180 and go in the other direction.

NOw, yeah, you can say that Newt's divorces are troubling, but there are two sides to a marriage, and these women married him knowing pretty much who he was.

Forum List

Back