Gold is the only real money

Of course they[paper currency] have value. I never said otherwise.

Which has nothing to do with whether or not gold (or other commodities) have intrinsic value and serve the function of "store of wealth" where paper currencies do not

Which has nothing to do with whether or not gold (or other commodities) have intrinsic value and serve the function of "store of wealth" where paper currencies do not
Exactly. So I'm not sure why you brought it up. I'm guessing you don't understand the concept, but it's Econ 101.

Exactly. So I'm not sure why you brought it up. I'm guessing you don't understand the concept, but it's Econ 101.
You can't seem to decide whether US dollars have value or wealth or have a store of wealth or are medium of exchange whatever it's gibberish why not try again in good English ?

Buy gold! Lose real money! The whole US govt and treasury is about to fold at any moment! Be prepared!

lol

You can't seem to decide whether US dollars have value or wealth or have a store of wealth or are medium of exchange whatever it's gibberish why not try again in good English ?
A medium of exchange is an intermediary to avoid the clumsiness of barter. The medium does not have to have any intrinsic value, but acts as a marker or tool to be exchanged for other goods. Fiat currency, bank checks, traveler's checks, money orders, etc all serve this function. These media all have value in their use of exchange, but by themselves have no value or use.
A store of value is something which has value on it's own, though often just for decorative purposes. Gold, silver, gemstones, beads, cigarettes can all be valued even if they are not used for money. That they are subject to supply and demand and could lose value is irrelevant because it is NOT tied to their use as money. Gold or silver coins, beads, cigarettes, have also been used as media of exchange with a defined value in relationship to other goods.

Do you see the difference now? Confederate paper currency lost all value in 1865. Confederate gold coins were still worth the amount of gold in them.

Again, in a modern society, store of value is not a necessary component of money.

A medium of exchange is an intermediary to avoid the clumsiness of barter.
so paper money is a medium of exchange, it has value, is a store of value and represents wealth.
Why not think through what you are trying to say??

A store of value has value apart from its use as a medium of exchange.
so gold would have value if it had no use as a medium of exchange?

Yes it would, absolutely.
wrong, gold has value only for its convertibility to paper money[a medium of exchange], without that you could make jewelry with it and some electrical stuff. Both gold and paper are stores of value since they are interchangeable.

All other money is fiat currency. Which can be good or bad, but in the United States case, it's bad because the fiat money is controlled by the Jews for their own benefit.

The United States money system is not run for the benefit of the American people, but for private Jewish interests.

Gold is just a scarce commodity. Money is an agreed means to exchange goods and services.

wrong, gold has value only for its convertibility to paper money[a medium of exchange], without that you could make jewelry with it and some electrical stuff. .
ummm that is value. We don't currently use gold as currency or as money, but it still has value.

wrong, gold has value only for its convertibility to paper money[a medium of exchange], without that you could make jewelry with it and some electrical stuff. Both gold and paper are stores of value since they are interchangeable.

Ironic you'd say that on a messageboard, as it takes many devices with gold in them to make that happen.

It probably took 1/2 oz of gold or more just for you to type that and me see it.

Ironic you'd say that on a messageboard, as it takes many devices with gold in them to make that happen.

It probably took 1/2 oz of gold or more just for you to type that and me see it.
Yes as I said gold has uses other than money but it's value fluctuates dramatically based on the value of paper money

wrong, gold has value only for its convertibility to paper money[a medium of exchange], without that you could make jewelry with it and some electrical stuff. .
ummm that is value. We don't currently use gold as currency or as money, but it still has value.
It has value only in relationship to the value of paper there would be no relationship if they weren't ultimately convertible

Forum List

Back