"God's plan" is the random shit that happens in this crazy world...

So, to be clear then:

You don't think goD is omnipotent, or omniscient, or all powerful, and you don't think it has a plan, or even really any control.

Does that about sum it up?
No. Instead of trying to tell me what I believe, why not tell me what you believe?
I believe it's all bunk. You've got one shot at it, one life, and you'd better make the best of it 'cause when it's over it's over.

And I'm.not telling you what you believe, I'm.trying to understand because you are contradicting the whole "goD" thing.

And I'm.not telling you what you believe, I'm.trying to understand because you are contradicting the whole "goD" thing.
I think you mean I am contradicting what you believe others believe about "the whole God thing".

No, I'm pretty sure that whole "goD's plan" thing is mainstream and they believe it's all-powerful.
Do you now. How do you define, "All Powerful?" Can God create something so huge that not even He can lift it or see around it?

Actually I stated clearly and plainly what I believe.

You on the other hand have weaselled your way out of saying anything definite, leading me to think you have no clear beliefs at all.
No "weaseling"; perhaps frustratingly clear I do not buy your conclusions about everything about God being "bunk." The bottom line is that you do not believe in God. You claim there is nothing there, so we have 'nothing' to discuss.

I will say this. It appears you were seeking God in power--an all-powerful God--you said. And you did not find Him. Thousands of years ago, someone else--a prophet--was seeking God in what is mighty and powerful. He did not find Him there. And neither did you.

Elijah discovered God in the tiniest whisper. Jesus was not powerful, he was vulnerable, and he was found among the vulnerable. He did not seek an audience among the powerful, the rich, or the famous. He went to the poor, the lost, the powerless and spoke with them.

I wasn't even in school yet when I decided I wanted to meet and experience God the way people in the Old Testament did. My parents indulgently told me that God no longer met people that way. Being a child, I decided I would just change God's mind. God still can be found. Learn from Elijah. If you truly want to 'see' God, start with the tiniest whisper--and don't overlook vulnerability, either.

Not belief. You mean, faith. Say it. Own it. What are you ashamed of?
Have you ever considered I am being very precise? Think about it. When might someone not mean faith? Jesus taught, "Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe." I am not among those so blessed.

You on the other hand have weaselled your way out of saying anything definite, leading me to think you have no clear beliefs at all.
No "weaseling"; perhaps frustratingly clear I do not buy your conclusions about everything about God being "bunk." The bottom line is that you do not believe in God. You claim there is nothing there, so we have 'nothing' to discuss.

I will say this. It appears you were seeking God in power--an all-powerful God--you said. And you did not find Him. Thousands of years ago, someone else--a prophet--was seeking God in what is mighty and powerful. He did not find Him there. And neither did you.

Elijah discovered God in the tiniest whisper. Jesus was not powerful, he was vulnerable, and he was found among the vulnerable. He did not seek an audience among the powerful, the rich, or the famous. He went to the poor, the lost, the powerless and spoke with them.

I wasn't even in school yet when I decided I wanted to meet and experience God the way people in the Old Testament did. My parents indulgently told me that God no longer met people that way. Being a child, I decided I would just change God's mind. God still can be found. Learn from Elijah. If you truly want to 'see' God, start with the tiniest whisper--and don't overlook vulnerability, either.

And still you discuss my beliefs rather than yours.

What do you believe?

goD the omnipotent? Oh wait, you already said he wasn't omnipotent, so maybe goD the fairly competent? The goD of the Bible? New or old testament? Or maybe a different goD, like Zeus? Don't be ashamed of your beliefs, tell us.
I note shame is on your mind, and no wonder. You know you should feel shame for how you are behaving here. One of the things I do not do is hold God up to be mocked. He is to be treated with respect. When you can approach such a discussion with detachment, perhaps we can converse. I married an atheist. My grandfather and uncle, also atheists, as are my husband's family. Their non-belief is never used as an excuse for mockery or disrespect. Thus far, you are coming across as someone with a wish to bully or to batter one's wife, and until that changes, I pass.

Forum List

Back