"God's plan" is the random shit that happens in this crazy world...

goD, all-seeing, all-knowing, omnipotent, can do anything, supposedly loves loves his children?

What often appears harsh and arbitrary to a child makes perfect sense to the parent.

Ignorance can be quite subjective. The ancients named the stars, created maths and language.. The ancients developed much of the knowledge that we teach in our 4th grade classrooms today.
Okay, but I didn't say they weren't capable. Just very, very ignorant.

You can know that is exists
Haha, don't try that parlor trick on me. Knowing a plan exists and knowing the plan itself are clearly not the same thing. But you just tried to switch them on me. Very sneaky of you.

And how would you know a plan exists anyway? I can just keep advancing the ball, here.

Going to church. I was raised as an Episcopalian.
Do the majority of Episcopalians believe as you do? Or did you form conclusions based on what you thought you heard? (Just curious. I've only known a couple of Episcopalians, but I never heard them voice what you are voicing.)

You can know that is exists
Haha, don't try that parlor trick on me. Knowing a plan exists and knowing the plan itself are clearly not the same thing. But you just tried to switch them on me. Very sneaky of you.

And how would you know a plan exists anyway? I can just keep advancing the ball, here.
You don't need to understand it in order to know that it exists.

Going to church. I was raised as an Episcopalian.
Do the majority of Episcopalians believe as you do? Or did you form conclusions based on what you thought you heard? (Just curious. I've only known a couple of Episcopalians, but I never heard them voice what you are voicing.)
So you don't think goD is the all-seeing all-knowing all-powerful creator who loves it's children?

What do you think it is?

An opinion not supported by evidence.
A fact overwhelmingly supported by the preponderance of the evidence. Those same people making wheels and naming stars were blaming diseases on demons and considering women to be subhumans. They thought the sky daddies were mad, when lightning struck. Of course, either one of us could list thousands more examples. This was due to their abject ignorance. I am not saying they were dinner or less capable, I am saying they were abjectly ignorant. Because, as all the evidence shows, they were.

You tell me. Religious folks keep saying "it's all according to goD's plan".

What is the plan? They don't seem to know. But they have faith it's all according to "his" plan.
Shrug. The only plan I am aware of is the salvation/redemption of mankind. An awful lot of what I see here is that some people are of the opinion they are in no need of salvation, they are just fine, couldn't be better. Plan must be working.

You tell me. Religious folks keep saying "it's all according to goD's plan".

What is the plan? They don't seem to know. But they have faith it's all according to "his" plan.
Shrug. The only plan I am aware of is the salvation/redemption of mankind. An awful lot of what I see here is that some people are of the opinion they are in no need of salvation, they are just fine, couldn't be better. Plan must be working.
So, to be clear then:

You don't think goD is omnipotent, or omniscient, or all powerful, and you don't think it has a plan, or even really any control.

Does that about sum it up?

So, to be clear then:

You don't think goD is omnipotent, or omniscient, or all powerful, and you don't think it has a plan, or even really any control.

Does that about sum it up?
No. Instead of trying to tell me what I believe, why not tell me what you believe?

New Topics

Forum List

Back