Zone1 God's Justice versus His Generosity

Both Bible Study.com and I agree that the parable is about God as Master and we as servants. Where do you see the opinions differing?
The contradiction is saying "the master" is some wealthy, travelling merchant with "servants" on one hand, then saying "the Master" is "Jesus" and his "servants" are, not us, but his disciples or closest followers on the other hand. You keep saying "the parable is about God as Master and we as servants." Fine admission, but that's just one incredibly convenient interpretation among many that clash with it horribly.

The contradiction is saying "the master" is some wealthy, travelling merchant with "servants" on one hand, then saying "the Master" is "Jesus" and his "servants" are, not us, but his disciples or closest followers on the other hand. You keep saying "the parable is about God as Master and we as servants." Fine admission, but that's just one incredibly convenient interpretation among many that clash with it horribly.
The idea I pay little attention to is "End Times." That idea was around long before Christ. Then it was more or less an admission that while a good ruler might bring about peace for a long period of time, in the end peace would fail. The lesson was only the rule of God can bring mankind lasting peace. As you noticed, Bible.com seems to hold strong beliefs about end times, and that is the place where I trot off in a different direction.

Christian belief is that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one. Here Jesus speaks of the Master; yet in another place he speaks of the Master's son. I take this into account when Jesus speaks of the Master in this parable.

The site also noted that there have been many interpretations and opinions of this passage. So, yes, just as Bible.com notes there are different perspectives, I do hold a somewhat different one in addition to the similarities that are also present.

Forum List

Back