Godfather of AI says he is afraid of it

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Something about taking over humanity and destroying it.

Blah, blah, blah.

“We’re entering a period of great uncertainty where we’re dealing with things we’ve never done before,

I have become death.

1696887027634.png

No, that was me silly!

1696887061177.png

It gotta say I think I have you all beat in regard to the bringing death and destruction thingy.

He is a British Canadia. He basically created the black box of backpropagation algo that helped neural networks become a reaity. He probaly knows of what he speaks. The problem is that A.I is unregulated globally. Even nuclear arms are better regulated. Let's be frank, our species won't last 500 more years on this planet and I am being very optimistic with that timeline.

He is a British Canadia. He basically created the black box of backpropagation algo that helped neural networks become a reaity. He probaly knows of what he speaks. The problem is that A.I is unregulated globally. Even nuclear arms are better regulated. Let's be frank, our species won't last 500 more years on this planet and I am being very optimistic with that timeline.
And with China trying to develop it they must throw caution to the wind the develop it as quick as we can, like the vaccines.

Yep, we are screwed.

Something about taking over humanity and destroying it.

Blah, blah, blah.

“We’re entering a period of great uncertainty where we’re dealing with things we’ve never done before,

I have become death.

View attachment 840785

No, that was me silly!

View attachment 840786

It gotta say I think I have you all beat in regard to the bringing death and destruction thingy.
Stephen Hawking was a clever chap and he was against AI

I put all these AI warnings in the same category as the Y2K bug causing a total collapse of civilization. All our computers were going to fail when the calendar hit year 2000. Turned out to be a big fat nothing.

AI wouldn't be a problem if its organizer had used a biblical platform that acknowledges humanity's needs. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back