God vs Athiesm: Which Is More Rationale?

I did that long ago. That's why im agnostic lol
So what is your stumbling point?
It isn't stumbling. I used to be a Christian until I was 12. Then I wanted answers. That led me to be an agnostic.
I just find it hard to believe if there is something in this universe powerful and smart enough to create everything, I don't think he would be a totalitarian conformist mass murderer that hates free will. Doesn't make sense to me.

It appears your problem was that you were attending one of those Hell fire and Brimstone Burn'em all fundamentalists churches. You should have waited until you were mature enough to read the Bible for yourself before you made your decision.
Oh gawd no. It was a nice, small, community church

Then they were NOT teaching the Bible. I'll bet you they were a fundamentalist church.
oh, mega churches are the answer? LOL
It doesn't matter what they were teaching, though. I read the bible for myself and came to my own conclusions.

Belief in God is far more rational than atheism.

I was agnostic for my first 35 years. Then I figured I better do my homework and answer the ultimate issue. Good luck.
Neither theism or atheism is fully rational. Even trying to define "God " is irrational.
Why not be HONEST?
We don't kmow.
Using a God-of-the-gaps rational to support one's beliefs is a reflection of stupid ignorance.

Smart ignorance + honesty = agnosticm. The scientific view.

You must be getting fearful in your old age!
:)
Just because God is unknowable in our limited understanding does not mean God does not exist. Scientists have mathematical proof there are dozens of dimensions. The math is beyond my understanding but I also believe they are telling the truth.

I was agnostic for my first 35 years. Then I figured I better do my homework and answer the ultimate issue. Good luck.
It isn't stumbling. I used to be a Christian until I was 12. Then I wanted answers. That led me to be an agnostic.
I just find it hard to believe if there is something in this universe powerful and smart enough to create everything, I don't think he would be a totalitarian conformist mass murderer that hates free will. Doesn't make sense to me.
Interesting take.
Personally I support mass murder of people like ISIS, which is what occurred. And you and I each have our views because we can.
So for what purpose do you think a creator created you?
Almost every person on earth was like ISIS? Doubtful
No telling. Could be nothing more than curiosity. He probably isn't narcissistic enough to let us know...

That's my point. Were you to actually read and understand the Bible, you would see and understand why God sent the flood, which is what I understand you to be referencing here.

It appears your problem was that you were attending one of those Hell fire and Brimstone Burn'em all fundamentalists churches. You should have waited until you were mature enough to read the Bible for yourself before you made your decision.

Then they were NOT teaching the Bible. I'll bet you they were a fundamentalist church.
It doesn't matter what they were teaching, though. I read the bible for myself and came to my own conclusions.

At the age of twelve? No, you may have read it but you didn't understand it.

You can't even understand my simple posts. I said nothing about the size of a church. I was speaking of what a church preached and anyone who has understanding can readily ascertain that from my posts.

Interesting take.
Personally I support mass murder of people like ISIS, which is what occurred. And you and I each have our views because we can.
No telling. Could be nothing more than curiosity. He probably isn't narcissistic enough to let us know...

That's my point. Were you to actually read and understand the Bible, you would see and understand why God sent the flood, which is what I understand you to be referencing here.
I don't believe in the flood. I dotn believe Noah was hundreds of years old. I don't believe the flood brought about disease and all the other manufactured bullshit. I dotn believe int he parting of the red sea, I dotn believe jesus performed actual miracles, I dotn believe in any of it.
When the world was full of ignorance, God showed his face MANY times.
When humans get intelligent, aint heard from him in 2000 years. Coincidence?
Not to mention, all of those cliché stories about him and his son were nothing more than regurgitated bullshit from other cultures.

You can't even understand my simple posts. I said nothing about the size of a church. I was speaking of what a church preached and anyone who has understanding can readily ascertain that from my posts.
I said they were small, and you automatically called them fundamentalist. Make up your mind

The universe was the size of a quarter is the leading theory, so we know the universe was different. And to initiate the change into what we have now requires an initiator.
"Initiator" does not equal God. Ice changes to liquid with heat, no God required.

As for the universe coming from nothing, we don't know that. If you look closely at "empty" space you'd see particles popping into existence from "nothing". Space is a "something".

Interesting take.

I don't believe in the flood. I dotn believe Noah was hundreds of years old. I don't believe the flood brought about disease and all the other manufactured bullshit. I dotn believe int he parting of the red sea, I dotn believe jesus performed actual miracles, I dotn believe in any of it.
Not to mention, all of those cliché stories about him and his son were nothing more than regurgitated bullshit from other cultures.

When did humans get intelligent? Apparently the world is still full of ignorance.

That's what evolution does. The odds of even a single cell mutating into a four cell is mathematical impossible. As are many other of evolutionists wild impossible claims.
That exactly NOT what evolution does. If you understood evolution you'd understand that there are no "impossible" mathematics involved.

Interesting take.
The way the world today is going I see everyone ISIS like in 50-75 years. Remember, silence is also consent.

Michelangelo perfectly showed why I chose my faith. God reaching out and all I have to do is out my hand out and it's done. Nothing more required.
image.jpeg

Interesting take.

When did humans get intelligent? Apparently the world is still full of ignorance.
you know what I meant. We understand things more. We don't have to use the "god" excuse for unexplainable occurrences. Like rain.

I said they were small, and you automatically called them fundamentalist. Make up your mind

Fundamentalist does not mean "small". Fundamentalism is the belief in certain doctrines. See my friend, ignorance continues to abound.

Interesting take.

You are proving my point the more you go forth.

you know what I meant. We understand things more. We don't have to use the "god" excuse for unexplainable occurrences. Like rain.

Neither theism or atheism is fully rational. Even trying to define "God " is irrational.
Why not be HONEST?
We don't kmow.
Using a God-of-the-gaps rational to support one's beliefs is a reflection of stupid ignorance.

Just because God is unknowable in our limited understanding does not mean God does not exist. Scientists have mathematical proof there are dozens of dimensions. The math is beyond my understanding but I also believe they are telling the truth.
Why believe in someone else's conception of "God" when you don't know any details about a "God"?
Why not believe in multiple Gods or gods?

Why not be HONEST?
We don't know jack about our origins.
However, like in science, we can have theories, but they need evidence, along with speculation.

That's what evolution does. The odds of even a single cell mutating into a four cell is mathematical impossible. As are many other of evolutionists wild impossible claims.
That exactly NOT what evolution does. If you understood evolution you'd understand that there are no "impossible" mathematics involved.

Then you do the math on the odds of a single cell evolving into a four cell. I'll wait for you to post your results.

Classic straw man. You don't understand evolution so you posit an absurd test for evolution.
How well do you understand evolution?
Explain the existence of music.
Sight and hearing require three basic mechanisms to function. An exterior sensor, wiring to take that sensor signal to the brain, and the ability of the brain to decode the signal into something meaningful. Explain how all three evolved simultaneously, because if one is missing the other two are meaningless and have no purpose.
Another straw man argument. Why must all three have evolved simultaneously? There are bacteria that can sense and react to light. No brain or wiring required to "see". Such a primitive sense would have been advantageous and evolution keep refining it until we have eyes. I imagine sound being similar.

Fundamentalist does not mean "small". Fundamentalism is the belief in certain doctrines. See my friend, ignorance continues to abound.
no shit lol. I say small and you AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IT WAS FUNDAMENTALIST. What was I supposed to think?

Why not be HONEST?
We don't kmow.

Why believe in someone else's conception of "God" when you don't know any details about a "God"?
Why not believe in multiple Gods or gods?

Why not be HONEST?
We don't know jack about our origins.
However, like in science, we can have theories, but they need evidence, along with speculation.
Because I know all the details I need to know.
And yes, evidence of God is all around us. Look at your hand. That's one.

Forum List

Back