God says,"My thoughts and ways are not My thoughts and ways.

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
Isaiah 55:8-9
God says=="my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Well, I know my thoughts aren't God's thoughts. I also know that my thoughts arent GISMYS's thoughts.

Don't waste your life trying to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD.=== Isaiah 55:8-9
declares the Lord.

Unbelievers live in fear of death while Believers trust in GOD!==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

25 Yes, I am still needed down here, and so I feel certain I will be staying on earth a little longer, to help you grow and become happy in your faith; 26 my staying will make you glad and give you reason to glorify Christ Jesus for keeping me safe when I return to visit you again.

27 But whatever happens to me, remember always to live as Christians should, so that whether I ever see you again or not, I will keep on hearing good reports that you are standing side by side with one strong purpose—to tell the Good News 28 fearlessly, no matter what your enemies may do. They will see this as a sign of their downfall, but for you it will be a clear sign from God that he is with you, and that he has given you eternal life with him.
Philippians 1:21-28

declares the Lord.

Usually a good idea when titling a thread is to get the quotation correct.
You have succeeded in making god sound like a complete psychotic, where he believes his thoughts aren't his own. In other words you think god believes he is hearing voices in his head.
Kind of like yourself.
With that, I have always held this verse as one of my favorites. It is here that god says "hey, you don't get me! You never will!"
He is talking to you, Jism.

God says,"My thoughts and ways are not My thoughts and ways.

Yeah, what's with that quote?

First, god doesn't talk because he's not real.

Second, if his thoughts and ways are not his thoughts and ways, just whose thoughts and ways are they?

Or is gismo still speaking in tongues?

I visited my friend and his dad today at the hospital. The guy just turned 90 and is on his way out. A former engineer, he's got quite a pragmatic outlook on his impending demise. He's also a long-time church goer and Sunday school teacher.

The other day he told his son something that really surprised him. He said "y'know the closer I get to this (dying), the more I realize that there's nothing else". I just about bust out crying when he told me that story.

When you're gone, you're gone folks.

POOR lost fools!!!====Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it?[a] Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin.

POOR lost fools!!!====Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it?[a] Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin.

"And The Lord said 'Only a cretin would title a thread that made Me look like a psychotic maniac that hears voices'."

THIS IS GOD'S WORD!!== Isaiah 55:8-9
declares the Lord.

THIS IS GOD'S WORD!!== Isaiah 55:8-9
declares the Lord.

So listen to him.
He's trying to tell you that you really DON'T understand him.
You don't.

God says,"My thoughts and ways are not YOUR thoughts and ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

declares the Lord.
and my thoughts than your thoughts====== Mankind refuses to acknowledge the supremacy of God, the Bible says that “professing to be wise, they became fools” (Rom. 1:22). What may be highly esteemed among men can be pure foolishness to God Almighty: “Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?” (1 Cor. 1:20).

In God’s infinite wisdom, the apparent “foolishness" of the cross destroys the wisdom of the wise (1 Cor. 1:18). The glorious cross of our Savior, where He bore the sins of the world to satisfy the wrath of God and provide forgiveness to those who repent and believe on His name, is the means the Lord uses to display His majestic wisdom.

For those who arrogantly declare that God does not exist and rail against any mention of His name, the Scriptures declare all people everywhere will one day confess that indeed there is a God.

Soon—very soon, I believe—the time will come when “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Phil. 2:10-11).

Believer and unbeliever alike will acknowledge not only the existence of the one true God, but also His preeminence over all of creation, including their own soul. Angels in heaven, demons in hell, the redeemed and the unredeemed—all of creation—will confess the supremacy of Christ, His rightful rule and reign over all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back