God’s law supersedes man’s law.

christianity_makes_sense_by_ryuyasha_mercury.jpg

You know, when you pretend that is somehow accurate, you just betray the fact that you are completely ignorant of the scriptures.

You cannot prove eiither way so truthfully God is not important to man and the supposed belief in God has hampered the advancement in Man throughout the past 2000 years

I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but it gets aggravating when people ignore two thousand years of scholarship on the subject of God and what he means, and act like they have new ideas.

I am a religious person who has studied the Bible all of my life and every day new ideas occur. Ways to apply ancient texts to current life.

Our congregation had no full-time minister and while we searched for a new minister, they assigned a retired Minister to come and preach on Sundays. The Reverend was a very famous world renowned Biblical scholar, highly respected throughout the world. He could take a 2000 year old piece of scripture and make is resonate in today's modern world like it was written last week. I never wanted to miss a single Sunday service when he was there.

If there were not new ideas to interpret the Bible in relation to current events or life throughout the ages, Christianity would have died out long ago. It is exactly because the great religious texts resonate and become new again in each age that these religions survive.

I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but it gets aggravating when people ignore two thousand years of scholarship on the subject of God and what he means, and act like they have new ideas.

I am a religious person who has studied the Bible all of my life and every day new ideas occur. Ways to apply ancient texts to current life.

Our congregation had no full-time minister and while we searched for a new minister, they assigned a retired Minister to come and preach on Sundays. The Reverend was a very famous world renowned Biblical scholar, highly respected throughout the world. He could take a 2000 year old piece of scripture and make is resonate in today's modern world like it was written last week. I never wanted to miss a single Sunday service when he was there.

If there were not new ideas to interpret the Bible in relation to current events or life throughout the ages, Christianity would have died out long ago. It is exactly because the great religious texts resonate and become new again in each age that these religions survive.

The truth will always resonate with those seeking it. I've been rereading the Five Books of Moses and finding alot of the stuff I've missed in the past. Sure, some of the non-relevant materials can be uninteresting, but there are tidbits here and there that people completely miss with lack of interest.

I've always thought it wise to listen to the advice of thouands of years of human wisdom.

Non religious literature does the same though

So, did you take off of others, or just read it come to your own conclusions?
I never said no new ideas, but that non religious people (and religious, too. I should have said that) seem to think that they are coming up with new ideas, when in fact they are not.

A "real" discussion about religion and god is oxymoronic.

No it isn't. We could try to dumb it down for you, if you'd like.

You will never get passed the part where it is a waste of my time to accomodate your fantasy.

It's a waste of your time, yet you have absolutely no problem interjecting yourself in threads and topics on the subject. For someone who views it as a waste of his time, you sure as heck spend alot of time on it. If you are going to put in the effort, you may as well try to educate yourself on the matter.

Forum List

Back