God’s law supersedes man’s law.

I know a few proud atheist, and they think they are the smartest person in the room, but after talking with them for a while you find out that's not the truth. They think they have all the anwers to everything. I tend to look to the bible for answers to my questions and in the end my answers are more logical.

You clearly know nothing about those of us free from faith.

I know a few proud atheist, and they think they are the smartest person in the room, but after talking with them for a while you find out that's not the truth. They think they have all the anwers to everything. I tend to look to the bible for answers to my questions and in the end my answers are more logical.

I know you base morality on nothing, pretty much sums it up. Huh?

Oh, but you and people like you DO have faith. In fact you have the greatest leap of faith, by believing that everything just happened helter-skelter, coincidentally, without plan or design, simply by evolution.

I am still waiting for scientists and/or atheists create life out of lifeless materials or at least explain how life just happened.
And after that, go and replicate it. Scientifically, of course.

Planting a seemingly lifeless dried out bean and seeing green leaves popping out of the ground doesn't count.

Last edited:
I especially enjoyed the part in the bible that detailed how the dinosaurs ruled the earth for 90% of it's existance.

Then there's the part that says it's a crime to add or remove anything from the bible.

Oops

The mystery of the Poor is this: that they are Jesus.

Whatever we do for them, we do for him.

Keep this in mind, Lady.

GOD’S LAW SUPERSEDES MAN’S LAW.

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws. The popular thing to do is not always the right thing to do. In no certain language God detail that marriage is between a man and a women, male and female and they become husband and wife. Adam and Eve were created and produced children as an example of a family. Gay marriage is sanctioned no where in God’s plan for marriage and a family. Sex is defined as between a man and a woman and to do other wise is against the law of nature and those doing so will suffer the consequences. Sexual immorality was one of the reason for the flood in Noah’s days. The Jews disobeyed God over and over and he punished them. It promised to punish sinful people again just as he did in the flood. Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. Therefore illegal immigration is a sin. God does not give anyone permission to violate a law just because it is unjust as many claim our illegal immigration is. Roman 13;1-7 also gives the government the authority to punish lawbreakers. Illegal Aliens violate that nation’s laws as well as the laws of God. If the Government changes immigration laws we have the obligation to accept those laws.
"Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2;13-16
We will have to be held accountable when we come face to face with God on judgment day. Gay may think they have won the battle but they have not won the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acts 23;5... “you must not speak injuriously of a ruler of your people”

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws. The popular thing to do is not always the right thing to do. In no certain language God detail that marriage is between a man and a women, male and female and they become husband and wife. Adam and Eve were created and produced children as an example of a family. Gay marriage is sanctioned no where in God’s plan for marriage and a family. Sex is defined as between a man and a woman and to do other wise is against the law of nature and those doing so will suffer the consequences. Sexual immorality was one of the reason for the flood in Noah’s days. The Jews disobeyed God over and over and he punished them. It promised to punish sinful people again just as he did in the flood. Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. Therefore illegal immigration is a sin. God does not give anyone permission to violate a law just because it is unjust as many claim our illegal immigration is. Roman 13;1-7 also gives the government the authority to punish lawbreakers. Illegal Aliens violate that nation’s laws as well as the laws of God. If the Government changes immigration laws we have the obligation to accept those laws.
"Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2;13-16
We will have to be held accountable when we come face to face with God on judgment day. Gay may think they have won the battle but they have not won the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acts 23;5... “you must not speak injuriously of a ruler of your people”

Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government.
So…which is it?

And how exactly do you propose to compel all citizens to obey ‘god’s laws’?

Nobody can be 'compelled' to obey the laws of God, Clayton, but that disobedience will have consequences at the time of God's choosing.

Then you or the OP can answer this: why is this thread in ‘politics,’ and not ‘religion’?

Otherwise why bring it up at all if we’re in agreement this is all relative and morality can’t be legislated.

I know you base morality on nothing, pretty much sums it up. Huh?

At least you’re consistent in being wrong.

However trite it remains true: some of the most immoral people are religious, some of the most moral people are free from faith.

Neither Christianity nor any other religion has a monopoly on ‘morality.’

Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government.
So…which is it?

And how exactly do you propose to compel all citizens to obey ‘god’s laws’?

Nobody can be 'compelled' to obey the laws of God, Clayton, but that disobedience will have consequences at the time of God's choosing.

Then you or the OP can answer this: why is this thread in ‘politics,’ and not ‘religion’?

Otherwise why bring it up at all if we’re in agreement this is all relative and morality can’t be legislated.

Obviously since I am not the OP, I'm unable to tell you the 'why' of it's placement.

Oh, but you and people like you DO have faith. In fact you have the greatest leap of faith, by believing that everything just happened helter-skelter, coincidentally, without plan or design, simply by evolution.

I am still waiting for scientists and/or atheists create life out of lifeless materials or at least explain how life just happened.
And after that, go and replicate it. Scientifically, of course.

Planting a seemingly lifeless dried out bean and seeing green leaves popping out of the ground doesn't count.

Another clueless theist chimes in…

Those free from faith indeed are free from faith; the mistake theists make is assuming the ‘fact’ of god, and then assuming there are those who deny that ‘fact,’ often incorrectly referred to as ‘atheists.’

This is a difficult concept for many to understand, because the words don’t exist to explain it – in essence: one can not not believe in something that never existed to begin with; religion, and subsequently ‘god,’ are contrivances of man.

Therefore, to not believe is not a ‘faith,’ ‘atheism’ is not a ‘faith,’ and exploring scientific theories such as evolution is not ‘faith’ as well.

If you talk into a hairbrush, you're a crazy person. Take away the hairbrush, and you're praying.

Believers DO speak with God, through prayer. I've seen prayer work, it works for me. No He doesn't always answer it the I want, but He answers it in a way that is best for me, every time. I've seen miracles through prayer. Of course non-believers will say it was just a coincidence. Whatever.......I know the truth. Someday you will to, but you may not like it.

God is the ultimate unaccountable figure. If he does what you want, he's so great for answering your prayers. If he doesn't do what you want, well, it wasn't what he wanted. It's a pretty great gig, if you can get it.

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws.
Who's god?

Last I checked there is freedom of religion here in the states.

The fact is that the government of the USA is a secular government, from established religion. The fact is that the overwhelming majority of Americans believe in religious values, which will inform their political decisions.

The fact is that the government of the USA is a secular government, from established religion. The fact is that the overwhelming majority of Americans believe in religious values, which will inform their political decisions.
The fact is that the original people that came to America *wanted* to be free to practice their religion as they saw fit. They *wanted* to punish or outright separate themselves from other religions and their influences.

They were smacked down by the rest of the people that came after them that started the government. They are now losing that power again after getting much of it back. Too bad... So sad... Deal with it. My opinion.

The invisible man in the sky loves gays and doesn't like abortions, but knows that they are necessary for a variety of private reasons.

It is your opinion that people don't let their religious values inform their political actions?

Really?
The fact is that the original people that came to America *wanted* to be free to practice their religion as they saw fit. They *wanted* to punish or outright separate themselves from other religions and their influences.

They were smacked down by the rest of the people that came after them that started the government. They are now losing that power again after getting much of it back. Too bad... So sad... Deal with it. My opinion.

It is your opinion that people don't let their religious values inform their political actions?

Really?
Nothing I said even suggested that. In fact... I think peoples values are being injected into their political actions is WHY they are losing their power. Bigots are the minority. Vocal... But minority.

Man may change man's laws but cannot change God's laws. The bible does not have a law against illegal immigration but immigration laws made my man should be inforced until government changes those laws. But God's law on abortion and gay marriage is defined by God and cannot be change by man.

God did say we could ignore him, though. Fuck it and damn the consequences! :piss2:

Forum List

Back