God is an argument

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
I've noticed recently a lot of people protect their personal views with the help of God. God doesn't want this but he wants that.
But 1) Nobody knows what God really wants, 2) there are a lot of Gods in the present day United States and some of them 'want' quite different, 3) America is a secular country. Why is it possible to use God as an argument in political discussions that affect lives of everyone, even non-religious people in this country?

9.jpg

I've noticed recently a lot of people protect their personal views with the help of God. God doesn't want this but he wants that.
But 1) Nobody knows what God really wants, 2) there are a lot of Gods in the present day United States and some of them 'want' quite different, 3) America is a secular country. Why is it possible to use God as an argument in political discussions that affect lives of everyone, even non-religious people in this country?

9.jpg

God told me to use that argument.

Jesus is the king of kings. The universe is not a democracy. Democracy is anathema to the Christian God. Christians are ruled by commandment, not consensus.

...not that there's anything wrong with that...

9.jpg

Reason for the plethora of gods is simple enough, and best summed up with this:

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

Forum List

Back