God Help Us All: Captain America Is Now A Negro!

...and Thor as a woman? What the hell is that? Were talking about a character that is older than fucking Jesus, and now they are going to make him a woman? :lol:

its an alternate comic timeline.....there is still Thor comics....

I can live with that, if its a limited run. Nice avatar by the way. That pic is from "Kingdom Come", which is probably my favorite comic of all time.

Alex Ross is a great artist....

Damn right it isnt the 70s. Its 2014, and in 2014 super douchy motherfuckers change classic characters into minorities or gay people in an effort to make some weird political/PC statement. That shit is stupid.

Have you ever read a comic?

There's no "statement" being made. "Classic" comic book characters change all the fucking time, and no one has given a shit what race they are in decades.

There's been at least 3 Batmans, 6 or 7 Green Lanterns, 2 or 3 Spidermans, 4 or 5 Iron Mans. Nearly every major comic book character has died, or was replaced by someone else for some amount of time.

Even Superman died at one point - and was replaced by a black guy, among others.
Of course they are making a statement, thats why unlike in the past, nowadays they have big press releases to show the world how diverse they are. Notice how its always a white male being changed? Name the last time they replaced a woman, a black person or gay person, with a hetrosexual white male... and if you can think of an example of it, was there a big press release about it? Yeah, I didnt think so.

OF COURSE THEY ARE MAKING A STATEMENT!!!! How can you not see that?

"Unlike in the past"?

Marvel and DC have released press releases every time there's a major change for decades. There's nothing new or remarkable about it.

As for your example, John Stewart (black guy!) was replaced by Kyle Rayner (white guy!) as Green Lantern.

The only people who care what race the new Captain America is are those who have a problem with it.

Of course they are making a statement, thats why unlike in the past, nowadays they have big press releases to show the world how diverse they are. Notice how its always a white male being changed? Name the last time they replaced a woman, a black person or gay person, with a hetrosexual white male... and if you can think of an example of it, was there a big press release about it? Yeah, I didnt think so.

How does that make you feel? The social brainwashing that convinced generations of white children they were superior and Black children they were inferior is fading away. This is just the start. Will you be able to deal with that?

Your problem is you think im a racist, because your hate of white people blinds you (I beleieve you call them cave apes). I dont give a fuck what color a comic book character is. My beef is with corny douche bags making political statements by changing characters into something they never were. I dont need my comics to make political statements.

I told you before I call you a cave ape because you are a racist. I have no problem with white people otherwise. I love me some white women. My oldest daughter is bi-racial. How can you have a beef over a comic book character? They are not even real people. Trust me, you definitely "give a fuck". Your strong emotions on the subject prove it. Practically everyone can see that.

Damn right it isnt the 70s. Its 2014, and in 2014 super douchy motherfuckers change classic characters into minorities or gay people in an effort to make some weird political/PC statement. That shit is stupid.

There's no "statement" being made. "Classic" comic book characters change all the fucking time, and no one has given a shit what race they are in decades.

There's been at least 3 Batmans, 6 or 7 Green Lanterns, 2 or 3 Spidermans, 4 or 5 Iron Mans. Nearly every major comic book character has died, or was replaced by someone else for some amount of time.

Even Superman died at one point - and was replaced by a black guy, among others.

BUT.....they were all different characters,not the same guy.....with the Torch they are making Johnny Storm a black guy....and thats not right....i feel if you cant do it right,dont do it...

Honestly, I don't give a shit about the Fantastic Four 'cause I think they're lame.

But I agree with you, it's weird to change a character's race without changing the character - although it has happened before.

"Unlike in the past"?

Marvel and DC have released press releases every time there's a major change for decades. There's nothing new or remarkable about it.

As for your example, John Stewart (black guy!) was replaced by Kyle Rayner (white guy!) as Green Lantern.

The only people who care what race the new Captain America is are those who have a problem with it.

If this isnt a political statement, why are all these changes almost exlusively changed from being a white guy into something else? The people making these changes are the ones who are race obsessed, clearly. Why are you so eager to pretend to be naive about it?

"Unlike in the past"?

If this isnt a political statement, why are all these changes almost exlusively changed from being a white guy into something else? The people making these changes are the ones who are race obsessed, clearly. Why are you so eager to pretend to be naive about it?

The question you should be asking yourself is why does it bother you?

Reading the article, I'm releived it isn't like the actual characters got sex changes but got replaced for whatever story reasons they came up with. That at least makes some kind of sense. Unless you wanna make characters immortal so they never have to change, eventually people get old and someone else steps in as in "The Dark Knight: Batman Rises" when 'Robin' does at the end (literally rising on the platform in case that was lost on people hehe.)

Steve Rogers doesn't get older, it is part of the serum they gave him to make him who he is.

Last edited:

"Unlike in the past"?

If all your comic characters were white guys because white guys were all you and your customer base were aware of or counted as legitimate, but then you became aware of other types and realized they're legitimate too, then ---- what other kind of shift could you make?

"Unlike in the past"?

The question you should be asking yourself is why does it bother you?
I answered that in my opening post. Keep up, dummy. :lol:

"Unlike in the past"?

If all your comic characters were white guys because white guys were all you and your customer base were aware of or counted as legitimate, but then you became aware of other types and realized they're legitimate too, then ---- what other kind of shift could you make?

Given that there have been many black comic book characters, since well before I was born, your post doesnt make any sense.

So, is the new Captain America a drug dealing pimp on welfare? Might as well make it realistic.

4a6aza9a.jpg

Avengers NOW!: Thor's female, Cap's black, Iron Man's got a new suit | PopWatch | EW.com

Last edited:
why didn't they just create a new hero?

Why should they?

Sam Wilson (The Falcon) has been Captain America's friend and sidekick for 40 years, it makes perfect comic-book sense for him to become the next Captain America - just like when the "negro" took over as Iron Man for a while.

Well, I think it depends how they handle it. The whole James Rhodes taking over as Iron Man was tied into the story arc of Tony Stark's alcoholism back in the 1980's. But eventually, they got Tony back on the wagon and back into the suit.

Wasn't Captain America dead for a while?

The ironic thing is that while movies based on Comic Books are making money hand over fist, the sales of Comic Books themselves are languid, so they have to keep coming up with these "stunts" to sell comic books.

Batman dies, Superman Dies, Captain America dies, Green Arrow dies, Flash dies, Robin dies several times.

I love this line from the article:

In November, Superior Iron Man #1 sends Tony Stark to San Francisco with a new outfit and a new perspective on life.
:lol:

"Superior" Iron Man. Yeah, definitely sounds like a liberal !

Goin' to San Francisco, to get me some new "perspective" ! :lol:

Forum List

Back