God has all attributes including evil iniquity.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ephesians 3:8-10 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God created the attribute of iniquity and placed that capability in Satan. The above quote seems to show iniquity as capable of negating perfection yet scriptures show that perfection is never ending. If it could end, then even God’s perfection would be at risk and this condition is one that God would never create.

All concepts were created for God’s pleasure.

What pleasure do you think God gets from iniquity?

Regards
DL

And, as the late philosopher, Carlin, once famously asked, "If God is all powerful, can HE create a Rock so heavy that even He cannot lift it?"

The answer would be yes, if that God actually existed.

I know this surprises you but if you give it thought, from the perspective of God, it is easy enough to dither out how he could do it.

Regards
DL

And, as the late philosopher, Carlin, once famously asked, "If God is all powerful, can HE create a Rock so heavy that even He cannot lift it?"

I know this surprises you but if you give it thought, from the perspective of God, it is easy enough to dither out how he could do it.

Regards
DL

Wrong.

If He is ALL powerful there would be NOTHING he could not lift.

But if there is nothing He could not lift, than He must not be powerful ENOUGH to create the rock in question. Either conclusion defeats the major premise.

What is surprising is that you don't grasp that.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ephesians 3:8-10 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God created the attribute of iniquity and placed that capability in Satan. The above quote seems to show iniquity as capable of negating perfection yet scriptures show that perfection is never ending. If it could end, then even God’s perfection would be at risk and this condition is one that God would never create.

All concepts were created for God’s pleasure.

What pleasure do you think God gets from iniquity?

Regards
DL

Ever hear of a concept called "balance"? You've got to have the bad to go with the good, especially if you have created beings with free will, because if there is no bad, then no person could choose it.

And...........if you were incapable of choosing bad (because there is none), then you are by proxy being forced to be good.

But............it does say in various Judaic writings that eventually there is going to be a time when evil is no longer required, and God is going to wink all of it from existence.

Regards
DL

Wrong.

But if there is nothing He could not lift, than He must not be powerful ENOUGH to create the rock in question. Either conclusion defeats the major premise.

I have just heard it so often I devised a scenario to get around it.

As with many scenarios created to explain imaginary Gods, it gets weird.

Imagine yourself with God and asking him to create a stone he cannot lift. Poof there it is.
Aha you say, you are not all powerful if you cannot lift that rock.
No problem says God. Poof, another miracle makes him twice as powerful and he lifts the stone.

With a God with a pocket full of miracles, anything is possible.
That is the beauty of imagination.

Unfortunately, believers have used the same twisted logic to believe in their imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Wrong.

Imagine yourself with God and asking him to create a stone he cannot lift. Poof there it is.
No problem says God. Poof, another miracle makes him twice as powerful and he lifts the stone.

Unfortunately, believers have used the same twisted logic to believe in their imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Fail.

If He can make Himself even stronger (a) He wasn't ALL powerful in the first place and (b) He still failed to make a rock so heavy that even He couldn't lift it.

but I will give you some points for creative thinking.

[
Ever hear of a concept called "balance"? You've got to have the bad to go with the good, especially if you have created beings with free will, because if there is no bad, then no person could choose it.

And...........if you were incapable of choosing bad (because there is none), then you are by proxy being forced to be good.

You describe exactly what happened in Eden, where by command and punishment, God tried to force A & E being forced by proxy to do good. No free will IOW.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

But............it does say in various Judaic writings that eventually there is going to be a time when evil is no longer required, and God is going to wink all of it from existence.

So in the end, you see both God and man as adjusted by God, to reverse his mind on how he creates.

Completely against the notion of God creating perfection in scriptures.

God says in scriptures, I change not, and you have him changing his mind. Ok.

Regards
DL

Takes big balls to question what God has or doesn't have.

??

Have you never questioned why you should follow a genocidal God who had his own son murdered when there was no need to?

Have you never questioned why you think such an evil God to be good?

Regards
DL

[
Fail.

If He can make Himself even stronger (a) He wasn't ALL powerful in the first place and (b) He still failed to make a rock so heavy that even He couldn't lift it.

I want a third opinion. The God I know evolves. :lol:

Thanks for your last though.
I am usually told to turn or burn for the same creative thinking by so called believers.

Regards
DL

Wrong.

Regards
DL

Fail.

Fail. The limitation is in your use of words and imagination. Your scenario is BS in the beginning because the premise is flawed.

Can God create a square triangle. No, of course he cannot - triangles do not fit the definition of square. The impossibility lies in the way the terms are defined, not in the capabilities they represent.

Now the real question is: How can God be all knowing (knowing each and every decision that you will make through your entire life) and free will still exist?

Takes big balls to question what God has or doesn't have.

You're right...........it does take big balls.

Check out the story of Abraham sometime.

How dare you question God's love of the sweet smell of roasted flesh.
Never mind that he has no nose. That is just a technicality. God can do anything don't cha know.

Be it Abraham or anyone else. If one murders his son for a voice in his head, then he is :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Regards
DL

The older I get the less able I am to distinguish good from evil. There is an alchemy inte Universe that is unexplainable. This little take off shows what I meant:

12/10/07, 04:51 PM
Anybody old enough to remember hearing Archie Campbell do this on Hee Haw? (Anybody besides me going to admit to watching Hee Haw?)

Well, I just lived it personally this weekend. I got out of the prison just as this massive winter thunder storm hit the other night. That's good.

No that's bad. The wiper motor on my pickup is broken so I don't have intermittent wipers. Oh, that's bad.

No, that's good, 'cause it was raining so hard I had to have them on full time anyway. Well, that's good.

No, that's bad. I also had to stop for gas, and it takes a LONG time to fill a 25 gallon gas tank. Ooh, that is bad.

No, that's good. I made it to the gas station without running out, filled up and headed for home. That's good.

No, that's bad. Because it was raining so hard I didn't bother to check the oil. 8 miles later the engine on my truck blew up. That's bad.

Yeah, a little bit. But my wife was willing to drive 60 miles at midnight to come pick me up. That was good.

No, that was bad. There wasn't a tow company anywhere near the truck that was willing or able to come tow it home. That's bad.

No, that was good. We returned to the truck on Saturday and it still wouldn't start. And still nobody local to tow it home. So I called a tow company from Williamsport and they drove the 60 miles to pick it up. That's good.

No, that's bad. At $55 to roll plus $3 per mile it cost $220 to get it to my mechanic's garage. That's bad.

No, that was good. One the way home we stopped at a dealer that I pass daily and checked out the trucks. Pretty reasonable prices. Made up my mind to sell the Harley and buy a different truck. That's good.

Well, no that's bad. See after riding 30 minutes at temps in the low 30's I discovered the local Harley dealer is closed on Monday. But when I called the truck dealer he said he'd take the Harley in trade. Well, that had to be good.

You're darned tootin' it was good. He gave me $600 more than the Harley dealer offered, and I got a real nice quad cab pickup which is costing me $150 a month LESS than the Harley was costing.

Not as funny as Archie, but you get the point. Sometimes it takes a little extra effort to see the silver lining. But keep at it. It's there somewhere.

Archie Campbell - that's good, no that's bad [Archive] - Homesteading Today

“When the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers.”

—African proverb, in Isak Dinesen’s Out of Africa

Getting what we want isn't always good, and having pain dished up isn't always evil. Pain and suffering are part of life. It is how we learn. We, here in Amerian, have a difficult time seeing their value. The most painful and seemingly evil things that have happened to me have been the things that have brought me the most growth.

There is a Bible story that shows us that we, as vessels, must be 'broken' before our essence of beauty and love can be released. But few people get that allegory either. ~sigh~

Last edited:
"Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die", by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Faith is the path to salvation. Trying to understand something that is incomprehensible to us humans is futile.

Getting what we want isn't always good, and having pain dished up isn't always evil. Pain and suffering are part of life. It is how we learn. We, here in Amerian, have a difficult time seeing their value. The most painful and seemingly evil things that have happened to me have been the things that have brought me the most growth.

There is a Bible story that shows us that we, as vessels, must be 'broken' before our essence of beauty and love can be released. But few people get that allegory either. ~sigh~

Simplistic.

What does a murder victim learn?

What does a rape victim learn?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Regards
DL

"Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die", by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Faith is the path to salvation. Trying to understand something that is incomprehensible to us humans is futile.

Did A & E not comprehend when God himself says that they became as Gods, knowing good and evil?

If they did, and they are representing our archetypal mentality, why can't you see the difference between good and evil?

Jesus said. Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?
I guess that you have.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back