God gives Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un, build the wall, evangelical adviser says

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
what would Jesus do?

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

The biblical passage Romans 13 gives the government authority to deal with evildoers, Jeffress said. “That gives the government to the authority to do whatever, whether it’s assassination, capital punishment or evil punishment to quell the actions of evildoers like Kim Jong Un,” he said.

He said that many pacifist Christians will cite Romans 12, which says, “Do not repay evil for evil,” but Jeffress says that that passage is referring to Christians, not to the government.

“A Christian writer asked me, ‘Don’t you want the president to embody the Sermon on the Mount?’ ” he said, referring to Jesus’s famous sermon. “I said absolutely not.”

In his sermon on the morning of Trump’s inauguration, Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, compared Trump to the story of the biblical leader Nehemiah who helped rebuild the city of Jerusalem.

The first step of rebuilding the nation, Jeffress said, was the building of a wall around Jerusalem to protect its citizens. “You see, God is not against building walls,” Jeffress said in his sermon at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington.

Jeffress is just another looney evangelical. I am beginning to believe they are all crazy.

Few things are scarier than a leader claiming God gives them the authority to go to war.
Years ago evangelical preachers received a certain amount of respect and were considered to be genuinely Christian religious leaders with degrees of integrity and honor. Not so today. Today they are our modern day hucksters and scam artist. Fraudsters and fake Christians. Bottom of the barrel liars and thieves. Perfect companions and buddies with the fraudster in the WH.

Forum List

Back