God does hate Sodomy

The bible is full of interesting stuff. Baths? Having sex with your dead brother's wife if he didn't leave offspring? Forget pork and shellfish. You can't be a priest if you have a physical disability? Mixed clothing? You have to be considered "unclean" after giving birth for a lesser time if you give birth to a male child?

If my brother dies, I ain't doing that crazy bat he's married to, I don't care what the Bible says.

But don't you want to obey God and do that bibble thing?

The bible is full of interesting stuff. Baths? Having sex with your dead brother's wife if he didn't leave offspring? Forget pork and shellfish. You can't be a priest if you have a physical disability? Mixed clothing? You have to be considered "unclean" after giving birth for a lesser time if you give birth to a male child?

If my brother dies, I ain't doing that crazy bat he's married to, I don't care what the Bible says.

You haven't met her. I don't think I could ever get that drunk.

You haven't met her. I don't think I could ever get that drunk.

Naughty. Getting drunk would interfere with your ability to perform your God-given duty. Just close your eyes and think of England.

Sorry but the Bible does state that Sodomy is a abomination (Leviticus) and God destroys Sodom because they wanted to sodomise a male. So it is indeed a abomination and God hates it. I dont know why someone is homosexual but I dont hate homosexuals, also just because you like men you still dont need to sleep with men. Probably pedophiles also have a "orientation" for liking children or pedomorphic features, they probably do have a inherent preference, maybe even "born that way" it is similar to homosexuality, but everyone expects that they dont touch children and they get arrested if they do.

Mortimer, please get help. You are a very sick man.

Sorry but the Bible does state that Sodomy is a abomination (Leviticus) and God destroys Sodom because they wanted to sodomise a male. So it is indeed a abomination and God hates it. I dont know why someone is homosexual but I dont hate homosexuals, also just because you like men you still dont need to sleep with men. Probably pedophiles also have a "orientation" for liking children or pedomorphic features, they probably do have a inherent preference, maybe even "born that way" it is similar to homosexuality, but everyone expects that they dont touch children and they get arrested if they do.

Dear Mortimer
If we all stick to the Ten Commandments against
* ADULTERY, or Lusting "including in one's heart" unnaturally after other people
* COVETING, again, unnatural lust or greed for what doesn't belong to us (that ends up betraying healthy relations with others)
Then NONE of these other acts would happen:
rape, incest, pedophilia, relationship abuse, sexual abuse,
fornication, adultery, and any of this other "sodomy, bestiality, etc. etc."

By resolving the cause of COVETING, unnatural lust or ADDICTION
then this wipes out the cause of ABUSE of sex and/or relationships.

We don't even have to argue or to agree on the other problems
ALL CAUSED by "coveting" and unnatural lust.

Cure that at the root, and the rest takes care of itself.

On the other hand Mortimer if we don't FORGIVE the root
causes of these addictive disorders and ills, then they REPEAT.
Whatever sins are not forgiven get passed down and revisited/manifested
in future generations.

Want to know why some people are born with pedophile addictions?
It's from generational SINS or "bad karma" from PAST generations.

If we don't break the vicious cycle of abuse or addiction,
the patterns REPEAT. That's where this sickness comes from,
it's a SPIRITUAL PROCESS that can take multiple generations
before the problems finally surface for proper therapy, treatment and cure.

Instead of arguing over which symptoms are wrong, worse or why
What we can agree on is identifying the root causes that CAN be cured and healed.
Get rid of those, and we get rid of all the other problems that stem from them.

For an example of effective spiritual healing that cures
generational causes: www.christianhealingmin.org

All these rules make absolute common sense for the time. Wearing mixed clothing of course has nothing to do with fabric. It's a warning to marry within your own religion

Looking at the rules of Leviticus honestly and without prejudice they make so much sense that they could have come from a present day time traveler giving sensible warnings.

Looking at the rules of Leviticus honestly and without prejudice they make so much sense that they could have come from a present day time traveler giving sensible warnings.
Woo hoo. The South shall riz agin'.

Leviticus 25:44-46

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life [...]
Bible Gateway passage: Leviticus 25:44-46 - New International Version

Sorry, but there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists, and the bible was written by men.

The unwarranted hostility directed at gay Americans is the consequence of man’s ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate – having nothing to do with ‘god.’

I don't think that the OP has ever actually read Leviticus or has any idea of it's origin.

I don't think that most Americans would give up oral sex, either. Get real.

Why are we even discussing what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms? It's pretty sick, actually.
“Why are we even discussing what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?”

Because the Christian right is fundamentally authoritarian – seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent, even in matters that are personal and private.

Woo hoo. The South shall riz agin'.

Leviticus 25:44-46

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life [...]
Bible Gateway passage: Leviticus 25:44-46 - New International Version

You need to free your mind and see that this is exactly what is going on. . .

:abgg2q.jpg:

Systemic Debt Slavery
Systemic Debt Slavery - David Korten
". . . In the period following World War II, full employment and high wages for working people, combined with high taxes for the rich, created the celebrated American middle class. For a historically brief period, debt slavery became a relatively rare condition, at least for whites. Then as Wall Street fundamentalists gained control, they weakened unions and outsourced jobs to create a downward pressure on wages while increasing the use of sophisticated advertising to promote ever more extravagant lifestyles and the use of credit card debt to finance them.

As wages continued to fall relative to the cost of living, Wall Street promoted credit card and mortgage debt as the solution. Some people responded out of sheer desperation to put food on the table. Innocents simply bought into Wall Street’s enticements to consume now, pay later.
ws-santa-2010.gif

People were soon locked into ever-growing debt they could never repay, and Wall Street’s take from whatever pittance they were able to earn increased, as did the total share of income going to those who lived off Wall Street profits relative to those who did honest work. Thanks to Wall Street’s control of the political system, this kind of indentured servitude is mostly not just legal; it is also enforced by a legal system that favors the rights of property over the rights of people. . . . "

All these rules make absolute common sense for the time. Wearing mixed clothing of course has nothing to do with fabric. It's a warning to marry within your own religion

So nothing about stealing a God and marrying Canaanite women. Yes its all about clothing.

I don't think that the OP has ever actually read Leviticus or has any idea of it's origin.

I don't think that most Americans would give up oral sex, either. Get real.

Why are we even discussing what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms? It's pretty sick, actually.
“Why are we even discussing what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?”

Because the Christian right is fundamentally authoritarian – seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent, even in matters that are personal and private.

Yep. Because for the Christian Talibaners nothing quite trumps projecting their own "deviant" desires on others, being appropriately disgusted over it (that's the "fun" part), and then to use the "lord" to lord over their lives. To top it off, they invent the "lord's" "hate" to justify their own along with their self-righteousness.

In a world of convoluted pretzels, their path from projected "filth" to self-righteousness has to be at or near the top of the list.

so conservative christians NEVER use the OT except for all the times that they do.

Some people go off the deep end when they find out that their own son is gay.

If God hates sodomy so much, why did he make it, then tell us not to do it? Personal experience?

The word of “God” is in the New Testament only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If God hates sodomy so much, why did he make it, then tell us not to do it? Personal experience?
GOD didn't make Sodomy. FALLEN Man perverted what GOD created --- the matrimony of man and woman.

The word of “God” is in the New Testament only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the fact concerning GOD in the Old Testament:
The Names of God in the Old Testament -- translated

Some people go off the deep end when they find out that their own son is gay.
Some people go off the deep end when they find out their child is a drug addict...

GOD didn't make Sodomy. FALLEN Man perverted what GOD created --- the matrimony of man and woman.
Didn’t god make everything in the universe?

Forum List

Back