God Bless you Nancy !!

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
No chance of US-UK deal if Northern Ireland peace at risk – Pelosi

There is no chance of Congress approving a US-UK trade agreement if Brexit undermines the Good Friday peace agreement in Northern Ireland, the speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, has said.

Pelosi was restating the entrenched position of congressional Democrats and many Republicans in the wake of remarks made by Donald Trump’s national security adviser, John Bolton, during a visit to London this week.

Bolton had said that Britain and the US could sign interim, partial free trade deals, one sector at a time, which would go through the a fast track legislative process, to help the UK cope economically if there is a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

In a statement on Wednesday, the House speaker, who commands a Democratic majority, warned that the Trump administration would not be able to sidestep congressional approval.

The sooner Trump and that prick Bolton are out of office the better.

We will just leave Wales out ;)
Its fantastic that the US is telling these wankers that they value peace. I love America.

upload_2019-8-14_12-24-8.png

Its fantastic that the US is telling these wankers that they value peace. I love America.

Actually the US is telling those fine god fearing folks in northern Ireland they can go ahead a break away from the Kit Kat Club to get away from the Welsh scally lads
No - that isnt what is happening here. The US is showing moral leadership. Who would have thought ?

Actually the US is telling those fine god fearing folks in northern Ireland they can go ahead a break away from the Kit Kat Club to get away from the Welsh scally lads
No - that isnt what is happening here. The US is showing moral leadership. Who would have thought ?

You funny. The US is no better at keeping its word than China or India, especially if there is money to be had. And if you think that the democrats are better at it than the republicans, I will remind you that it has been 25 years since NAFTA went into effect and the democrats have yet to produce one of the many follow up deals Clinton promised that would protect vulnerable industries, many of which have already went belly up. .

There is no chance of Congress approving a US-UK trade agreement if Brexit undermines the Good Friday peace agreement in Northern Ireland, the speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, has said.

It is going to be the most terrific trade deal ever. Believe me! America First!
These people prey on stupidity. Trumpers and Brexits are both as dumb as fuck.

It is going to be the most terrific trade deal ever. Believe me! America First!
These people prey on stupidity. Trumpers and Brexits are both as dumb as fuck.

If anyone, and the Brexiteers in particular, believes these trade deals will reach Congress before the various industry lobbies have signed off on them (much to the detriment of Britain), and be voted on before lawmakers from the several states have seen that their States' main industries are being protected (much to the detriment of Britain), they are probably beyond help.

If anyone, and Trumpletons in particular, would believe that a trade deal with Britain will secure their ordinary-guy interests, they, too, are beyond help.

Ordinary Americans will likely be screwed, so will ordinary Britons, but twice or thrice over - such as it is in case you make deals with a far bigger bully. ... and just to think, putting faith in, of all people, Trump and BoJo negotiating on your behalf. It's like two wolves and a sheep negotiating what's for dinner.

Forum List

Back