God answers prayers.

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I know I believe in God. I have been very blessed through the years I have live on earth. I could write a book and it would not be enough to say why I believe the Bible is true and the Holy Spirit is very real.

It is a pleasure to know here on this forum so many others believe and are seeking a closer relationship with God the Father through his son Jesus/Yahushua.

I'll start off by telling a miracle I was provided when I was a very young mother of two precious gifts.

My son was pronounced brain dead shortly after we arrived at the hospital with him. He was already in a coma when we had arrived at the San Bernardino Community hospital with him. The doctors came to me and told me after several hours of waiting to hear something of how he was doing. They told me he had aspirated and he now had pnuemonia. That evening a doctor came out to see me also told me they had run a brain scan and according to their scan he was completely brain dead.

I had sat there in the emergency waiting room with a family from Michigan. Their daughter was an only survivor in a car accident that had taken all the the lives except hers in the car she had been riding in. it just so happened the accident their daughter was in was at the lower portion of the mountain road where we lived.

As I had sat there and listened to their story and I knew how fortunate I was to have even survived my teenage years. Their daughter had ran away from home and they had been searching for her for months on end. It was so sad to know how much they loved her and now they did not know if she would live or die. We all prayed together that day. They explained to me how they had wished they were better parents. They had so much remorsed that if they knew what to do to be better parents they might not be there that day. I understood the guilt they were feeling for I had my own guilt. If I was not so dumb my son would not be in there on a respirator at death door either. We talked all day as we all waited for news on our children.

For hours my mom had stayed there with me and finally she went back home with my daughter to take care of her for the night. The parents of the teenager and I sat there and talked into the evening as we waited.

The second day was no better than the first for my son. He was still on life support and the test still showed no brain activity. The doctors told me that if he lived he would be a vegetable. I could not accept that as I heard it. The thought of my little one not even two years old yet dead or brain dead either one was not acceptable to me. My tears had not stopped since we left our mountain home for the hospital with my little one in my arms. My mom had been standing there with me when another one of the doctors gave his final opinion. She told me, "Give it up." She said, "You have a daughter at home that needs you. You still have a child and she is alive and she needs her mom." To this day I cannot remember exactly what I told her back other than i told her i was not leaving that hospital until my son left with me. My mom had my brother drive there pickup down to the hospital and she left it for me to drive home. She said if nothing else drive home, see your daughter, eat and bath.

After my mom left I walked back and asked if they would please let me see my son. One of the nurses took me back into the room where he was. They had him in an incubator with wire all over him and a tube down his throat. Looking at him was heart breaking. He was all swollen and it did not look like my sweet little baby boy. I tried to keep the sobs choked back and I couldn't. The nurse finally told me I would have to go back to the waiting room. I sat down and saw the couple from michigan again. As I sat there and they talked I heard them saying things that my own parents could have very well said about me in years past. I could not do much for them but I could reassure them that anger in a teenager I could surely understand. They asked me why I felt that away so I told them. After all was said they asked me for advice if they got the opportunity to take their own daughter home with them. At eighteen all I knew to tell them was let her know how much you love her.

I drove back to the mountains later in the day. Mom was right I did need a bath and I need to hug my daughter. As I drove towards the mountains I saw more dead animals run over on the roads than I had ever seen. I cried and sobbed and tried to drive forward even though I could barely see through my own tears. If I could I would give the devil my own life to save my child. As I ponder the thoughts I drove on up the mountain. I finally reached my parents house. As I walked into the livingroom and looked around I saw my precious daughter. She saw me and cried out, "Mommy!" as she jumped into my arms. She said, "Oh mommy I have missed you." She chattered away telling me all the things her and grandma had been doing. Then she said, "Mommy, where Birdie?" My mom had told me the bird had died. Without the heat manually turn up the cockatiel had died that first day. I looked at my precious and knew I may have to explain to her where his little brother was if he was unable to come home. I told her, "Well sweetheart Birdie is in heaven with God." She popped back, "Oh no mommy he is in a hole in the backyard. Gramdma and I put him there." I explain to my sweet daughter how even though Birdies flesh was buried in the dirt,every living thing has a spirit and Birdies spirit was with God. i asked her if she understood. She leaped and giggled saying, "Yes mommy Birdie is with God!" It hit me like a ton of bricks what a hypocrite I was.

When i got back to the hospital I sat there in the cafeteria having coffee and a young doctor came and sat down at the table. He told me they had done another brain scan and there was no change. I sat their something like a zombie as he explained to me what I would be facing with my son if by chance he lived. After the dctor left the table I sat there and realized my own thoughts earlier in the day. I asked God to forgive me for I knew the devil had no power over life or death. I tolf God in my heart if He took my son I could understand because he was such a sweet little guy. I asked if He left him would He please leave him whole.

It was the evening of the second day and a childhood neighbor came to the hospital. He said if he had known I needed him earlier he would have been there. He said my mom had found him and asked if he would come sit with me for awhile as a friend. It seemed odd as I had not seen him for more than ten years and yet here he was to be a friend while I cried my eyes out over my baby in there unable to breath on his own. With tears in his eyes he asked if I could ever forgive him for the way they treated me as a child. As I sat there and looked at him and lsitened to what he had to say I was at a loss for words. He finished his whole story in tears of how he did not know where to find me after all these years he had wondered where we had moved. He said, "Can you ever forgive me?" All I could say is, "We were kids. Kids do dumb things. I had not even considered it after all these years. Besides I learned to protect myself and in time it stopped you all in your tracks. Think no more of it I don't." He laughed and said, "Yes you did!"

He left after awhile because he had to work the next day. I sat there and finally fell asleep for a little bit. I woke up and it was very quiet in the waiting room. I saw one of the young doctors walking out to where I was. He looked very happy as he approached. He said, "Come with me I have something to show you." The doctor led me into an area of the hospital that was different from where I had been. He took me into the room where my son was. He told me how my son was doing and told me, "I know you won't be going anywhere anyhow so I have a job for you. we do not want him going back into a coma so it is your job to keep him awake if you can. Take him in the playroom, feed him if he'll eat, talk to him and do normal things you would do with him."

That was it my son was on his way to recovery. It was a miracle as the next day his brain scans were absolutely normal. At noon the doctors released him to go home with me and told me it was nothing short of a miracle.

Today my son have a beautiful son of his own. He tells me, "Mom I know how you felt about us because I feel that way about my son."

All I can say is, "Wow."

I had chills while reading that RodISHI. Beautiful story, thank you for sharing.

I didn't know you were a grandma! How great for you too! :)

That's such a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing it.

There are so many miracles that happen. We are so blessed to be under God's care. It makes me really sad when I hear people just dismiss his power to give to us. I truly do not understand how it is they do not see it.

I hope no one feels the need to come along and mess this up by saying how it's superstition or mythology or any of the other things they like to say. It's a beautiful story.

All I can say is, "Wow."

I had chills while reading that RodISHI. Beautiful story, thank you for sharing.

I didn't know you were a grandma! How great for you too! :)
You are very welcome. When my family has a tough time I remind them how good God has been to us.

Yes a grandmother of five. Hopefully the daughter's oldest grandchild will chill and get a bit older before making me a great grandmother.

There was five teenagers or more killed in the accident that the family was from Michigan. One car of teens had hit an ice slick and went spinning into the other car full of teens.

That's such a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing it.

There are so many miracles that happen. We are so blessed to be under God's care. It makes me really sad when I hear people just dismiss his power to give to us. I truly do not understand how it is they do not see it.

I hope no one feels the need to come along and mess this up by saying how it's superstition or mythology or any of the other things they like to say. It's a beautiful story.
Thank you and your welcome. God can awake anyone at any time so just pray for those who are missing the wonderful experience of faith in the One that keeps us.

Forum List

Back