GObP blocked vet's cost of living raise

"The bill, HR 4114, was passed by the House in July and is intended to provide more than 3.9 million veterans and their survivors with a cost-of-living adjustment to disability compensation and benefits meant to offset inflation and other factors, according to Murray’s office. The bill normally passes each year without controversy."

GOP blocked cost-of-living adjustment for veterans, Sen. Murray says - The Washington Post

yeah, I know we already know this but its an important issue. No matter what else you feel, please write your Congressperson and tell them to take time out from their constant vacation to vote FOR this.

Veterans’ representatives reacted angrily to Murray’s disclosure.

“It is outrageous that disabled American veterans are once again being held hostage to partisan politics,” said Bob Wallace, executive director of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Failure to pass the bill could cost veterans and their families up to $500 next year, according to Paul Sullivan, director of veterans outreach for Bergmann & Moore, a law firm concentrating on VA disability law.

Last week, Senate Republicans blocked a bill to create a Veterans Job Corps after raising procedural objections over the program’s cost.

they want wars and want to forget the people who fight them for us

Its all about money to the cons

The vets I know dont need or want the government to give them everything. They fought and bled so that they and others could have the freedom to pursue their own paths. I don't know why the left always acts like Vets are some incompetant group of people who can't do anything for themselves. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Moot point anyway since you are misrepresenting the bill.

see how they abandon the troops the second they get home?

Hell they cheered Bush sending them to war without proper armor for hells sake.

they supported killall burn and loot electrocuting our troops in the fieild in the name of commerse

they supported killall burn and loot electrocuting our troops in the fieild in the name of commerse

Drunk already?

Fucking semi-literate, alcoholic fucktard.

So you are the spokesperson for all vets! How utterly interesting. If those that never want to touch any type of subsidy to corporations would look at what the "real" patriots do for this country maybe we would have more money for Vets to go around.

The vets I know dont need or want the government to give them everything. They fought and bled so that they and others could have the freedom to pursue their own paths. I don't know why the left always acts like Vets are some incompetant group of people who can't do anything for themselves. It couldn't be further from the truth.

GOP blocked cost-of-living adjustment for veterans, Sen. Murray says - The Washington Post

yeah, I know we already know this but its an important issue. No matter what else you feel, please write your Congressperson and tell them to take time out from their constant vacation to vote FOR this.

From another link from YOUR link:

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said GOP concerns were about the $1 billion price tag for the program over five years. Republicans described the proposal as a political ploy of no practical value. “If, in fact, we want to help veterans get jobs, there are lots of ways to do it,” Coburn said on the floor before the vote. “We need to make sure the job training programs we have are working, and they’re not.”

“I introduced a substitute amendment because I felt the Democrats’ bill was more focused on their electoral desires than actual real-world outcomes for veterans,” Burr said.

Vet jobs bill fails in Senate; caught in Hill battle - The Washington Post

Coburn was exactly right....if the job training programs we have now aren't working, why put more money into it? Fix the programs first! Why just throw $1 billion at something that probably won't work anyway?

We threw money at the stimulus....we know how well THAT worked!
I believe our troops and vets deserve everything thing they get, in fact they deserve more. But why do it stupidly like the dems want? We need something we know will work!

Link to proof of this claim, you little freak.

So you are the spokesperson for all vets! How utterly interesting. If those that never want to touch any type of subsidy to corporations would look at what the "real" patriots do for this country maybe we would have more money for Vets to go around.

So you are the one falsely claiming I made claims I never did. Good to know.

From what I read the bill had cleared republican hurdles, so what your saying in reality is the dems recessed without action so they could create another strawman for the elections. How commiecrat of them. How's it feel to be a commie propagandast? BTW I am one of the affected disabled vets.

Last edited:
The vets I know dont need or want the government to give them everything.

Please show me, IN THE BILL, where it says "everything".

Good for you. Stand up for what this country owes our vets.

Until avatar and others walk in the vet's shoes, they have no idea what they're yammering about.

If it finally got passed, that's all I care about. Fact is, however, it was the ^$#$% pubpots who fought it.

:lol: This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read on here. It's so mindblowingly stupid I don't even feel the need to blow it apart.

:lol: This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read on here. It's so mindblowingly stupid I don't even feel the need to blow it apart.

So you think vets are incompetent people who sit around all day wanting for the government to do something for them? I don't. I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know.

I dont know why you on the left feel the need to try to turn them into victims of everything. Especially why you feel the need to lie to do so, like in the OP.

But since it's the biggest pile of nonsense you've read on here, im sure youll have no problem whatsoever explaining yourself. or why you think otherwise.

Last edited:

So you think vets are incompetant people who sit around all day wanting for the government to do something for them? I don't. I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know.

I dont know why you on the left feel the need to try to turn them into victims of everything. Especially why you feel the need to lie to do so, like in the OP.

But since it's the biggest pile of nonsense you've read on here, im sure youll have no problem whatsoever explaining yourself. or why you think otherwise.

First of all, I don't think you should be able to call people incompetent unless you can spell incompetent. The vets I know (and I know a lot of them) mainly joined for benefits or college. And the ones who went to the war zones came back all fucked up. These men aren't victims and you're creating a ridiculous straw man argument with that. They came back injured, changed, and with expectations that their service would be respected and paid back. However this country has a reprehensible record in it's treatment of vets. One of the best things the Obama Administration has done has been to restructure the VA and improve benefits to our former soldiers. The Vietnam vets I know and hang out with tell me it's been night and day between Bush's and Obama's handling of veteran affairs. What you're saying is uninformed offensive utter bullshit. I have nothing against you personally and I appreciate us keeping this civil. But you're vision of this issue is extremely offensive to me. Our veterans deserve as much as we can give them because your ass and my ass isn't over there carrying a gun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back