GM to produce 60,000 Volts in 2012

As long as the price of gas stays in the 3-4 dollar area, the Volt and Hybrids are not going to sell in big numbers.

As long as the price of gas stays in the 3-4 dollar area, the Volt and Hybrids are not going to sell in big numbers.

Consumer spending is what's needed (in part) to spur the economy. You're saying Volts won't sell while gas is in the $3-$4 range, which translate to gas needs to hit that $7/gal number Barry talked about a bit back in order to start moving off the lot. Oh gee, that'll really help things. If consumers don't have money to spend to spur the economy what makes you thing they'll suddenly have money to go out and buy a new car?

Last edited:
All it takes to produce 60,000 volts is to string together 40,000 1.5 volt batteries.

GM is lowering the bar here...I could do that.

Why only produce 60,000?

With modern generators and such, they should be able to produce MILLIONS of volts to power whatever they want.

/troll

Now after the troll, I think this is a BAD move.

They haven't fixed the battery problem yet and thats costing taxpayer $$$.
I want extensive testing done before they are ready to sell them. And they should be HALF the price, if anything.

They may sell about 10,000 of them, if they're lucky. Most people, including myself, could not afford to buy one! The owner of our company bought one, in fact i think we make some hoses for it. He ended up getting rid of it. I'm sure Obama will come up with some kind of "incentive" to buy one, but i'm also sure i still couldn't afford it!

I have a neon sign transformer that produces 60,000 volts. The available current is only a few milliamps, so it's nearly useless, much like a car with a range of 40 miles.

Forum List

Back