GM plans $3 billion investment in South Korea after Trump took credit for GM moving jobs back to US

Pres. Trump cannot force the company to do anything.

In the end, GM executives make the final decision concerning their domestic and foreign operations.

To somehow blame Pres. Trump is both hypocritical and dishonest. .... :cool:

Hey - when President Dotard takes endless credit for things that don't come true ... the backlash is deserved.

Tell him to shut his damn egomaniacal orange yap.
Tell us again how Obama saved the economy.

I never understood bailing out failure.
Yeah we should have just killed off the U.S. auto industry

What part of Ford didn't take the money can you not understand?
GM is a catastrophically mismanaged company, so many blunders and waste that the ONLY way they can survive is numerous bankruptcy filings and government bailouts. There could not possibly be another super corporation in modern history that has so ignored and misjudged market changes.
Is this what you propose? Every failed and mismanaged company should get taxpayer stipends to overcome their failures?
Ford took billions. It just wasnt a bailout. As there is a difference. IIRC, the money was to prevent a future bailout.
I believe the money we gave them didnt end up costing us 11B like GM did.

Ford received $5.9 billion in federal loans from an existing DoE program under terms (i.e. strings attached) that it would be used to finance the development of full efficient vehicles and hybrid/electric technology, the loans are scheduled to be paid back in 2022. As opposed to the bail out (i.e. give us cash to finance our operations or we're going bankrupt) money that GM received from TARP.

Ford didn't need a "bailout" to fund business operations since unlike GM and Chrysler it had sufficient resources to do that on its own.

GM - fund operations and invest nearlly $5 Billion to build off shore plants since then....thank you tax payers!!

Yep and thanks to the geniuses in the federal government the tax payers took a bath on the equity position in GM they got in exchange for the bailout money ($11.3 Billion Loss).

On the bright side we did make a profit on the GMAC bailout equity ($2.4 billion) enough to fund federal government operations for about 8 hours WOOHOOO !!!! :cool:

In the end, GM executives make the final decision concerning their domestic and foreign operations.

Hey - when President Dotard takes endless credit for things that don't come true ... the backlash is deserved.

I would do that - but for you?
Not worth my time

If this is really a tit for tat reason, they deserve to close down.

Not worth my time
Yes, tell us how Obama pissing away a trillion saved us.

I bought Ford @ $5 - $5.50 & $6.00 -- THANK YOU GM.

You should have bought GM, you'd have gotten higher returns.

I should have bought Ford @ $1.50

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I have so many companies on my "I wish I woulda bought that back when the price was X" I stopped counting. :mad:

Good luck on the F position you'll need patience but I think in the long run it'll pay off nicely, In the meantime enjoy the nice dividend yield.

Not worth my time

Well there is this for starters:
Auto bailout saved 1.5 million U.S. jobs -study

Now you tell us how 3 trillion in additional deficit spending by Dotard in his first year will do anything but put us in further peril.

Not worth my time

Sure, certainly wouldn't want to take your time away from making stupidass posts.

Not worth my time

Now you tell us how 3 trillion in additional deficit spending by Dotard in his first year will do anything but put us in further peril.
Wow, The Center for Automotive Research claims handing a crappy car company billions is good. :21:

Not worth my time

Wow, The Center for Automotive Research claims handing a crappy car company billions is good. :21:
It was good for the UAW and preserved existing contracts....

Not so much for bond holders, dealerships and their employees, tax payers (who took a net loss) and existing customers, not to mention the analysis doesn't even attempt to quantify the opportunity costs of propping up inefficient producers or the moral hazard created by bailouts.

And as everyone knows that story and those like it is a farce.
It disregards so many things it is nothing less than ridiculous. That number pretends that every job would have been lost. Which is not true. It also pretends that GM would have outright closed...not true. It ignores the existence of bankruptcy. Which, admittedly would have been catastrophic for vendors...probably the only piece the article gets right.
It also doesn't go into detail about how much the taxpayers OVERPAID General Motors. We gave them at least double what they needed to survive. They have invested over $5 BILLION of the TARP money building manufacturing plants overseas. Let me say that again, the American taxpayers in the name of saving American manufacturing jobs - has FINANCED GM's investment in off shoring jobs. That is a fact and is inarguable. And GM is going to continue to use that money to fund oversea ventures.

Can't seem to find right now, perhaps someone else can....anyway, the last I knew GM, through it's subsidiaries, has filed bankruptcy 23 times.
Yet....since the bailout have pocketed $billions.
The core company remains profitable, while it moves bad assets into subsidiary companies and files bankruptcy to avoid paying debts....and then accepts taxpayer bailouts...and then used those funds to invest $BILLIONS to build oversea plants so more American taxpayers lose their jobs.

Now...go out and buy a new GM.

Not worth my time

Obamnomics.

GM to award bonuses, in some cases exceeding 50% of salaries - Feb. 11, 2011

And they weren't alone.
Investment banks and Wall Street firms handed out record bonuses one fucking year after they received TARP funds...how did Obama feel about that?..........
PAYBACK was marvelous....

TUSCANY....Australia....France...Britain...Hawaii....the life!

40ADBBEB00000578-4534460-Living_it_up_Barack_Obama_and_his_wife_Michelle_enjoyed_lunch_on-m-79_1495555237277.jpg

Not worth my time

Obamnomics.

GM to award bonuses, in some cases exceeding 50% of salaries - Feb. 11, 2011

Yep - Obamanomics
What Has Obama Done? 13 Significant Accomplishments

Trump-o-Nomics are projected to result in an additional ten trillion in deficits in next ten years.
Federal Debt Projected to Grow by Nearly $10 Trillion Over Next Decade

Of course when we have the House and the Oval in 2021 all those executive orders and bullshit military spending and tax cuts for Trump's children will be overturned :)

Forum List

Back