GM plans $3 billion investment in South Korea after Trump took credit for GM moving jobs back to US

So GM's costs are out of whack and they've lost a lot of money there but they'll invest billions more?

No wonder taxpayers had to bail them out

Pres. Trump cannot force the company to do anything.

In the end, GM executives make the final decision concerning their domestic and foreign operations.

To somehow blame Pres. Trump is both hypocritical and dishonest. .... :cool:

GM has always been a disaster waiting for a place to happen. A barely 20th century company with some roots in the 19th century it is literally the text book example of diseconomies of scale.

So GM's costs are out of whack and they've lost a lot of money there but they'll invest billions more?

I never understood bailing out failure.
Yeah we should have just killed off the U.S. auto industry
Calling it part of the "us auto industry" is a stretch now.
We bailed them out and they invested billions in other countries.
They now have 209K employees. Less than 100K are in America

What part of Ford didn't take the money can you not understand?
GM is a catastrophically mismanaged company, so many blunders and waste that the ONLY way they can survive is numerous bankruptcy filings and government bailouts. There could not possibly be another super corporation in modern history that has so ignored and misjudged market changes.
Is this what you propose? Every failed and mismanaged company should get taxpayer stipends to overcome their failures?

GM is a catastrophically mismanaged company, so many blunders and waste that the ONLY way they can survive is numerous bankruptcy filings and government bailouts. There could not possibly be another super corporation in modern history that has so ignored and misjudged market changes.
Is this what you propose? Every failed and mismanaged company should get taxpayer stipends to overcome their failures?
Ford took plenty of bailout money. Feel free to look it up.

Ford took billions. It just wasnt a bailout. As there is a difference. IIRC, the money was to prevent a future bailout.
I believe the money we gave them didnt end up costing us 11B like GM did.

Filthy Don was sure GM was moving that plant back to Detroit; he brokered the deal himself!

Because they sell cars in other countries. Are you going to say Toyota’s not Japanese because they have factories here?

I guess you’d prefer those 100,000 didn’t have a job at all.

Because they sell cars in other countries. Are you going to say Toyota’s not Japanese because they have factories here?

Of course your hack ass ignored my point :rolleyes:

Of course your hack ass ignored my point :rolleyes:
Your point is that they employ people in other countries like every single other car manufacturer does.

Ford took plenty of bailout money. Feel free to look it up.

Feel free to comprehend what you read, because you don't now.
The Government bought GM shares for $51 billion, later sold them for $39.7 billion, taxpayer losses amounted to $11.3 Billion.
The Government bought Chrysler shares for $12.5 billion after reselling taxpayers lost $1.3 Billion for a combined taxpayer loss of $12.6 Billion.

On top of that...
they gave $14.3 Billion to GM and $5.5 Billion for Chrysler and $5.5 Billion to GMAC.
NONE to Ford.

Ford received not one cent of TARP funds via share purchase or TARP grants.
What they DID do was accept a $9 Billion LOAN. To which they are repaying, and are on schedule to repay with interest.

Pres. Trump cannot force the company to do anything.

In the end, GM executives make the final decision concerning their domestic and foreign operations.

To somehow blame Pres. Trump is both hypocritical and dishonest. .... :cool:

Hey - when President Dotard takes endless credit for things that don't come true ... the backlash is deserved.

Tell him to shut his damn egomaniacal orange yap.

Forum List

Back