Global Warming Predictions That HAUNT Liberals / Global Warming Nuts

OS: "Looks to me that we have a far greater number that feel that the issue is important and real."

That's the problem - Alarmists have a vast amount more 'feeling' / emotion thanNon-debunked EVIDENCE.

As I posted a long time ago, in 2008 the media - based on Global Warming 'evidence' - predicted Manhattan would be UNDER WATER in .... wait for it ... 2015!

:haha:

OS: "Looks to me that we have a far greater number that feel that the issue is important and real."

That's the problem - Alarmists have a vast amount more 'feeling' / emotion thanNon-debunked EVIDENCE.

As I posted a long time ago, in 2008 the media - based on Global Warming 'evidence' - predicted Manhattan would be UNDER WATER in .... wait for it ... 2015!

The IPCC never made such a prediction and thus an assessment of the published science in those time frames did not make such predictions. Perhaps you should look somewhere besides the National Enquirer for your science news.

The IPCC never made such a prediction and thus an assessment of the published science in those time frames did not make such predictions. Perhaps you should look somewhere besides the National Enquirer for your science news.

Any body of people like the UN that uses the Mann Hockey Stick theory as "science fact" should never be taken seriously on any real science matters..

PREDICTION 1: June 1988 NASA's Jim Hansen says before Congress "That the West Side Highway in New York City will be underwater in 20-40 years."

REALITY: We're 23 years into this prediction and sea levels have risen 2.5" since then...only about 10 feet to go before the West Side Highway goes underwater. At the current pace we're about 1,200 years away.

PREDICTION 2: 12 October 2007 Al Gore said with apocalyptic certainty while accepting the Nobel Peace Prize, "The North Polar ice cap is falling off a cliff; 'It could be completely gone in summer in as little as seven years. Seven years from now!" We all can point to thousands of media stories on this topic so Al has some company on this scientific propaganda.

REALITY: It's now 7 years later and what do we have? 76% bigger ice coverage and thickness than just two years ago, 35% BIGGER than 2007 when Gore spoke from the pulpit.

PREDICTION 3: Hurricanes numbers are increasing and getting stronger.

REALITY: The scary truth is Global and Atlantic basin hurricane activity and intensity has been plummeting for years and now at 50 year lows globally and 30 year lows in the Atlantic.

PREDICTION 4: Snow and frost will disappear. Same group as point 3 but there are hundreds of scientists who made this claim over the past 20 years.

REALITY: As soon as the 30-year Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) cycle started it's cold phase in 2007 we've seen a wholesale change in the severity of cold/snowy Winters the past 7 years. Cold Pacific Ocean - cold snowy planet with 4 of the past 7 winters the snowiest on record based on NOAA/NASA measurements that started in the late 1960s.

PREDICTION 6: Global temperatures will be +0.8C to +1.8C above average by 2014 made by 74 IPCC UN Climate Models in 2005 - just 9 years ago and they were completely and utterly wrong and not one predicted the continued 17 years pause in global temperatures.

REALITY: They all get F and time to go back to the drawing board to figure out why! Last year July, all 90 IPCC climate models were completely wrong as the global temperature remained flat for 16 straight years - not one predicted the pause with the current temp below the 100% guarantee it won't be this temp.

PREDICTION 7: Tornadoes are getting more frequent, greater numbers and much stronger.

REALITY: According to the severe storms forecast center, the actual number of violent monster F3 tornadoes has actually been decreasing.

LINK: 10 Predictions vs Reality and the Winter 2014-2015 Hype - Blog - weathertrends360
Polar ice caps melted 2 years ago. Or not.

James Hansen is an important figure in the global warming story. He was the director of GISS up until recently, he was a pioneer in UHI corrections (somehow net neutral) and pairwise homogenization techniques that dramatically increased global temps recently (while greatly cooling the past). He has been an spokesman for global warming issues outside of his job, receiving awards and accolades as well as the financial rewards ($1,000,000+) that go with them.

Hansen made the statements about the West Side Highway being underwater in twenty years and others. the reporter who published them was asked about his article on Hansen in 2001. here is a quote from his response

When did he say this will happen?
Within 20 or 30 years. And remember we had this conversation in 1988 or
Does he still believe these things?
Yes, he still believes everything. I talked to him a few months ago and he
said he wouldn't change anything that he said then.

Was the reporter lying in 2001? perhaps. but it seems more likely that Hansen was quite happy to be quoted as saying those things.

Which brings up what I believe to be the most important point. Many climate scientists are quite willing to allow inaccurate and inflammatory statements to be published without making any effort to correct them. Hansen actually said them. But others like Marcott quite happily allowed faulty conclusions to be broadcast, only to make a halfhearted reversal after being called out for being wrong.

When did James Hansen become "many climate scientists" Ian?

And, you should get better sources

Examining Hansen's prediction about the West Side Highway

James Hansen made his statement in response to a question by Bob Reiss, a journalist and author, in 1988. He did not predict that the West Side Highway would be underwater in 20 years.

Bob Reiss reports the conversation as follows:

"When I interviewed James Hansen I asked him to speculate on what the view outside his office window could look like in 40 years with doubled CO2. I'd been trying to think of a way to discuss the greenhouse effect in a way that would make sense to average readers. I wasn't asking for hard scientific studies. It wasn't an academic interview. It was a discussion with a kind and thoughtful man who answered the question. You can find the description in two of my books, most recently The Coming Storm."

James Hansen reports the conversation as follows:

"Reiss asked me to speculate on changes that might happen in New York City in 40 years assuming CO2 doubled in amount."
The book The Coming Storm and the salon.com article are different. In The Coming Storm the question includes the conditions of doubled CO2 and 40 years, while the salon.com article which is quoted by skeptics does not mention doubled CO2, and involves only 20 years.

To understand the discrepancy between these two published accounts, it helps to look at the timeline of events. The original conversation was in 1988. Ten years later, referring to his notes, Bob Reiss recounted the conversation in his book The Coming Storm. James Hansen confirmed the conversation and said he would not change a thing he said. After the book was published, Bob Reiss was talking to a journalist at salon.com about it. As he puts it,

"although the book text is correct, in remembering our original conversation, during a casual phone interview with a Salon magazine reporter in 2001 I was off in years.”
We can check back in 2028, the 40 year mark, and also when and if we reach 560 ppmCO2 (a doubling from pre-industrial levels). In the meantime, we can stop using this conversation from 1988 as a reason to be skeptical about the human origins of global warming.

References:
The Coming Storm by Bob Reiss, copyright 2001

Book review in Salon. Com: http://dir.salon.com/books/int/2001/10/23/weather/index.html

As reported by Anthony Watts:

Communication from James Hansen, January 26, 2011

Email from Bob Reiss, February 15, 2011
***************************************************************************************
Emphases mine

So, aside from the slight differences in recollections, has CO2 doubled in the last 40 years Ian?

James Hansen made his statement in response to a question by Bob Reiss, a journalist and author, in 1988. He did not predict that the West Side Highway would be underwater in 20 years.

"When I interviewed James Hansen I asked him to speculate on what the view outside his office window could look like in 40 years with doubled CO2. I'd been trying to think of a way to discuss the greenhouse effect in a way that would make sense to average readers. I wasn't asking for hard scientific studies. It wasn't an academic interview. It was a discussion with a kind and thoughtful man who answered the question. You can find the description in two of my books, most recently The Coming Storm."

"Reiss asked me to speculate on changes that might happen in New York City in 40 years assuming CO2 doubled in amount."
The book The Coming Storm and the salon.com article are different. In The Coming Storm the question includes the conditions of doubled CO2 and 40 years, while the salon.com article which is quoted by skeptics does not mention doubled CO2, and involves only 20 years.

To understand the discrepancy between these two published accounts, it helps to look at the timeline of events. The original conversation was in 1988. Ten years later, referring to his notes, Bob Reiss recounted the conversation in his book The Coming Storm. James Hansen confirmed the conversation and said he would not change a thing he said. After the book was published, Bob Reiss was talking to a journalist at salon.com about it. As he puts it,

"although the book text is correct, in remembering our original conversation, during a casual phone interview with a Salon magazine reporter in 2001 I was off in years.”
We can check back in 2028, the 40 year mark, and also when and if we reach 560 ppmCO2 (a doubling from pre-industrial levels). In the meantime, we can stop using this conversation from 1988 as a reason to be skeptical about the human origins of global warming.

References:

Book review in Salon. Com: http://dir.salon.com/books/int/2001/10/23/weather/index.html

***************************************************************************************
Emphases mine

So, aside from the slight differences in recollections, has CO2 doubled in the last 40 years Ian?

hahahahaha! more after-the-fact damage control?

gotta quote from Hansen from '89 pointing out the mistake? perhaps from 2001? no?

like I said....Hansen was more than happy to have an incorrect story in the news. now that the prediction has failed he wants the reporter to 'fix' it up a bit. how many other wild exaggerations have made the news, and never had to be fixed?

didnt I read somewhere that Viner's (wasnt he a top guy at CRU at the time?) "kids wont know what snow is' prediction disappeared? hahahahaha

References:

Emphases mine

gotta quote from Hansen from '89 pointing out the mistake? perhaps from 2001? no?

like I said....Hansen was more than happy to have an incorrect story in the news. now that the prediction has failed he wants the reporter to 'fix' it up a bit. how many other wild exaggerations have made the news, and never had to be fixed?

didnt I read somewhere that Viner's (wasnt he a top guy at CRU at the time?) "kids wont know what snow is' prediction disappeared? hahahahaha

By 2015 no less... and we have had snow as far south as Texas... THIS YEAR!

References:

Emphases mine

Robert Reiss?

Too Funny: Another alarmist that made predictions that have now failed miserably.. You guys need to vet out your links before you post them..

References:

Emphases mine

Robert Reiss?

Reiss was the author interviewing Hansen when he made that prediction. Can't you read?

Too Funny: Another alarmist that made predictions that have now failed miserably.. You guys need to vet out your links before you post them..

Hansen's prediction here has not failed at all because CO2 levels have not doubled. Idiot.

References:

Emphases mine

Every recollection of that interview I can find indicates that the question included the proviso that CO2 had doubled. If you think its okay to lie about that Ian, feel free, but don't be upset when people call you on it.

And I'm still waiting to hear how and when James Hansen became "many climate scientists".

References:

Emphases mine

Robert Reiss?

Reiss was the author interviewing Hansen when he made that prediction. Can't you read?

Hansen's prediction here has not failed at all because CO2 levels have not doubled. Idiot.

Too Funny;

HE parroted the predictions as if they were true. And they have all failed..

Funnier still is we have 50% of one doubling and if we apply it to his predictions we should be seeing 2-4 deg C of temp rise already. we have only seen about 0.47 Deg C. a far cry from his alarmist bull shit..

Is it your position that when we reach that doubling it will all go BAM! and then we will see the changes rapidly appear? Man you are an idiot. WE have been testing Hansen's predictions for almost two decades of no warming and his predictions have all failed.

References:

Emphases mine

Every recollection of that interview I can find indicates that the question included the proviso that CO2 had doubled. If you think its okay to lie about that Ian, feel free, but don't be upset when people call you on it.

And I'm still waiting to hear how and when James Hansen became "many climate scientists".

What agency did Hansen control for almost 30 years.. You really are an idiot..

Scientist Confesses: "Global Warming a $22 Billion Scam"

Read more: The Cold Truth Initiative
Important: Can you afford to Retire?

obamaracecar.gif

References:

Emphases mine

I gave two examples, Hansen and Marcott. are you asking for more?

as far as the interview with Hansen....the reporter asked him what would look different in 20 years. Hansen listed his predictions. they all failed. now he is saying that it was for 40 years out AND if CO2 doubled. why did Hansen not just answer the question? why did he give answers (that will also fail for 40 years BTW) for a different scenario?

why is Hansen, and other climate scientists, allowed to make false/ exaggerated statements using his official authority? are there any repercussions for his 25 year old lies? no. as always with failed CAGW predictions he, and they, get a Mulligan.

I think there is full agreement between Hansen and the reporter that the question predicated CO2 doubling and therefore has NOT failed.

You guys just love to come up with failed predictions: from newspapers and magazines and trash tabloids and nutjob websites and fling them up here as if they had any bearing on the science. You know they don't . You know that you use them because you have no real science supporting your various viewpoints.

There has been no pause. There have been no confessions or proof or even acceptable evidence that temperatures have been manipulated with deceptive purpose. The number of published studies throwing any doubt on AGW is approaching zero. ZERO.

AGW has become as close to a fact as a theory in natural science can become. Get used to it because - thanks to you and yours and the cowardice of the American people, it ain't going away any time soon.

I think there is full agreement between Hansen and the reporter that the question predicated CO2 doubling and therefore has NOT failed.

You guys just love to come up with failed predictions: from newspapers and magazines and trash tabloids and nutjob websites and fling them up here as if they had any bearing on the science. You know they don't . You know that you use them because you have no real science supporting your various viewpoints.

There has been no pause. There have been no confessions or proof or even acceptable evidence that temperatures have been manipulated with deceptive purpose. The number of published studies throwing any doubt on AGW is approaching zero. ZERO.

AGW has become as close to a fact as a theory in natural science can become. Get used to it because - thanks to you and yours and the cowardice of the American people, it ain't going away any time soon.

you keep trying to defend the indefensible. Hansen was well aware that CO2 would not double in 20 years, or even in 40 years. therefore his answer in 1989 was simply fearmongering. he gave a stupid, incorrect answer back then, now he is backpedalling and making post hoc excuses.

I have certainly shown that temperatures have been manipulated upwards via suspicious adjustments. deceptive purposes? how would I prove that?

LOL... No Pause?

Now you've not only gone off your rocker but you are blatantly lieing to boot.

Again, you have been shown time and time again the empirical evidence and time and time again you ignore it and run away.

There was good agreement with HCN (historical Climate Records) and the satellites until they started adjusting them up and up and up. Now the divergence is so blatant that it begs the question, why are they committing fraud on the people of the earth?

RSS UAH comparison V6.JPG

The pause is not only real but it is now becoming a cooling trend...
clip_image008_thumb.png

when these are graphed together is when you can see the real story about fabrications of temp rise.

Last edited:
No pause.

And I can't tell you how tickled I am every time I see the title on this thread and try to imagine how much mainstream science is "haunted" by these predictions. My god but the suffering....woe... woe... woe unto us. For christ's sake, you people are pathetic.

Forum List

Back