Global warming, my ass!

...refusal to address the basic greenhouse gas theory...
Maybe we can pause to agree on terms. Let's say we're talking about the "greenhouse effect"--

The greenhouse effect is the process by which radiation from a planet's atmosphere warms the planet's surface to a temperature above what it would be without its atmosphere. If a planet's atmosphere contains radiatively active gases (i.e., greenhouse gases) they will radiate energy in all directions.

--and if we went with that definition we'd have to say that virtually all atmospheric constiuants are 'radiatively active gases' to one degree or another. From there we could agree on how such an effect goes, but my bet is that none of us dispute the existence of the effect

But that is not the same as the AGW conjecture.

I wonder where rightard dumb fucks imagine the core samples of ice get analysed for CO2. In lumber yards, maybe?

He is asking for lab work in support of the AGW conjecture, you came up with ice core samples for CO2.

This is why warmists fail so often in debates, since they can't go beyond the climate models stage.

He quotes ice cores and you think he's using a climate model? Temperature data, sea level data, atmospheric data... all empirical measurements. All facts. The absorption spectra of CO2 and water vapor, satellite measurements of incoming solar and outgoing IR. all empirical measurements. All facts. What have you got?

cycle_201707_1600.png

First line of the Wikipedia article on "The Greenhouse Effect"

"The greenhouse effect is the process by which radiation from a planet's atmosphere warms the planet's surface to a temperature above what it would be without its atmosphere."[1][2]

REFERENCES
  1. "Annex II Glossary". Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
  2. A concise description of the greenhouse effect is given in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report, "What is the Greenhouse Effect?" FAQ 1.3 – AR4 WGI Chapter 1: Historical Overview of Climate Change Science, IIPCC Fourth Assessment Report, Chapter 1, page 115: "To balance the absorbed incoming [solar] energy, the Earth must, on average, radiate the same amount of energy back to space. Because the Earth is much colder than the Sun, it radiates at much longer wavelengths, primarily in the infrared part of the spectrum (see Figure 1). Much of this thermal radiation emitted by the land and ocean is absorbed by the atmosphere, including clouds, and reradiated back to Earth. This is called the greenhouse effect."
    Stephen H. Schneider, in Geosphere-biosphere Interactions and Climate, Lennart O. Bengtsson and Claus U. Hammer, eds., Cambridge University Press, 2001, ISBN 0-521-78238-4, pp. 90–91.
    E. Claussen, V. A. Cochran, and D. P. Davis, Climate Change: Science, Strategies, & Solutions, University of Michigan, 2001. p. 373.
    A. Allaby and M. Allaby, A Dictionary of Earth Sciences, Oxford University Press, 1999, ISBN 0-19-280079-5, p. 244.

Move around the world. The cooling you're experiencing is just one lobe of the Rossby waves in the jet stream. It pulls cold Arctic air down to you, but carries warm equatorial air northward off the US/Canada west coast, the Atlantic basin and western Asia. The net effect on global temperature is ZERO. The CAUSE of those Rossby waves is a reduction in the difference of temperature between the North Pole and the equator. The cause of that is - you guessed it - GLOBAL WARMING.

This type of cold is part of global warming. With the lack of Arctic ice, the temperature difference between the North Pole and the mid-latitudes has decreased. It is this temperature difference that drives the jet stream.

As the strength of the jet stream decreases, the Rossby waves in the jet stream increase in deviation, that is, the loops in the jet stream that let cold air penetrate farther south and warm air penetrate farther north increase. See image!

This increase in the Rossby waves has been gradual and going on for decades. For example, once upon a time, northern Florida grew oranges - no more.

Aside from this process putting the rest of Florida's citrus industry at risk, there will be numerous other economic consequences - particularly when you consider this process could lead to killing frosts occurring much later in the spring.

As some one who teaches paradoxical presentation of the earth, you appear to be going down the same path of many who do not understand that a cooling planet, in its change state, will always present with decreased polar ice, as the heat is vented from the earth due to a reduced polar atmosphere thickness and heat being pulled poleward. This creates a strengthened polar jet which dips deeply to mid latitudes to capture heat, as it is doing today.

If current charts (projections) are correct, this summer will be very short and cool for most of the Northern hemisphere as we near the thermal input-output balance where median jets of equal strength balance with polar jets. When that occurs watch as things ice up very fast. We have one maybe two years before our balance is fairly close. Until then wild swings of the polar jet will continue.
By God, get all the firefighting equipment out and in order. We are going to have a very hot summer. I am sure this prediction will follow Silly Billy's wondrous record on predicting El Nino's and La Nina's. LOL

All you global warming ding bats...I want you to take a good look at this weather map. Then tell me, with a straight face, that global warming is real. It isnt. Just step outside and you'll see what I mean.
View attachment 186708
gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

gfs_nh-sat2_t2anom_1-day.png

gfs_nh-sat3_t2anom_1-day.png

gfs_nh-sat6_t2anom_1-day.png

North hemisphere +0.7 C Southern Hemisphere +0.6 C Arctic +1.5 C Antarctic +1.5 C

Seems things are a bit warmer outside of your backyard.

All you global warming ding bats...I want you to take a good look at this weather map. Then tell me, with a straight face, that global warming is real. It isnt. Just step outside and you'll see what I mean.
View attachment 186708

North hemisphere +0.7 C Southern Hemisphere +0.6 C Arctic +1.5 C Antarctic +1.5 C

Yet again you ignore the IPCC Temperature prediction/projection failures.

Snicker.........

View attachment 186708

Snicker.........
Snicker? Well, that is about all you have. If the temperature is a bit below the predictions, the effects are way above the predictions. From the rapid retreat of the Alpine glaciers, the melting of the ice caps in Greenland and Antarctica, to the acidification of the oceans, dying of the coral from the warming of the oceans, to extreme weather events, all are proceeding far more rapidly than anyone forecast. Remember when Dr. Hansen predicted the opening of the Northwest Passage toward the end of this century, and was called an alarmist for that? Well, that Passage opened in 2007, and a 1000 passenger luxury liner transited it in 2016.

10 Hottest...........Out of how many?
Out of all that we have good records for. By proxy data, there were hotter years between 6000 and ten thousand years ago, but they came on gradually, not in the space of a little over a century.

Out of all that we have good records for.

So out of 1% of the time since the glaciers retreated.

By proxy data, there were hotter years between 6000 and ten thousand years ago, but they came on gradually,

Really? What was the rate of change over any 50 year period in the last 6000 years?

View attachment 186708

Snicker.........
Snicker? Well, that is about all you have. If the temperature is a bit below the predictions, the effects are way above the predictions. From the rapid retreat of the Alpine glaciers, the melting of the ice caps in Greenland and Antarctica, to the acidification of the oceans, dying of the coral from the warming of the oceans, to extreme weather events, all are proceeding far more rapidly than anyone forecast. Remember when Dr. Hansen predicted the opening of the Northwest Passage toward the end of this century, and was called an alarmist for that? Well, that Passage opened in 2007, and a 1000 passenger luxury liner transited it in 2016.

You are so messed up that you can't even notice that most skeptics have long accepted that it has been warming for a long time. I even make clear that I am aware of it by showing warming rates as being real for recent decades. Your reanalyzer charts doesn't even help your cause since it doesn't support the AGW conjecture at all, but you are too stupid to realize it. You drone on and on over the small per decade warming rate that is well below the AGW mandated per decade warming rate that is supposed to happen. ALL of the short warming periods since the mid 1800's have similar per decade warming rate of about .16C , even the current one is about .16C per decade., which I have posted in many forums in the last few years, only to see it be ignored even though it comes from DR. Jones a noted warmist.

I have posted a lot more only to see you ignore it, even though it is from the IPCC reports. The AGW conjecture are used to make per decade warming trends and publish it in the IPCC reports. In each 5 year report, they publish a set of EMISSION scenarios to make a prediction/projection of future temperature warming rate guesses based on that AGW conjecture. They have been wrong in EVERY single report, which gets ignored by you warmists.

It has been a spectacular failure, which is why you pompous warmist hypocrites ignore it, despite that it all comes from your holy climate bible, the IPCC reports. I have posted the evidence several times now, yet not once did any of you warmist clods make a cogent reply to them, not ONCE. Because you KNOW you can't since the evidence of its failure is INDISPUTABLE!

That is why you are being viewed as a cultist for ignoring provable facts that the AGW is a failure, yes it has been warming even in recent decades, but not even close to the AGW based emission scenarios that ALWAYS makes way too warm projected into the future per decade warming rates. You ignore because you must in order to maintain your delusion that CO2 is a danger to us all. It is a sign of mental illness when people are killing themselves over it, impoverishing third world nations over it and trying to impose their vile warmist religion onto others.

Forum List

Back