Global Warmers Stopped by Arctic Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to start being nasty, I'm not going to bother. You want to tell me I don't spend too much time thinking, that's your problem, but it's an attack.

Pointing out that you clearly don't put much thought into the things you say is being nasty?

So how about this. You format your post so I can actually read it properly, and you change it to take out the attacks, and then I might respond to it.

How about this...you point out what you think is an attack...and then tell me why you believe it is an attack...and then we can talk about whether it was justified.

Well I happen to think it is. So, you can either accept it, or you can just not. I'm not bothered either way.

If you want civilized, respectful debate, get back to me. If you don't, fine.

Then you should go out and get yourself a pair of big girl panties if you think that is being nasty....or perhaps you are just trying to avoid a discussion that you know you can't win and would prefer to be though of as a pussy than to admit that you were wrong.

You know what, fuck off.

Know what? running away doesn't make you right...it just proves that you can't hold your own in an argument....

Who cares to argue with a brick wall? A stupid brick wall, at that. Smart photons, sheesh.

The Northabout is going to finish this voyage now in record time. And, in a decade, tourist ships will be doing this route. Big tourist ships.

I'm looking forward to their rescue from the ice in a few weeks.

They made another hundred miles overnight. They're in ice-free waters now, and it's all ice-free to the finish.

But if you're so confident they'll fail, we can make a wager, if you'd like. That goes for anyone. Name some terms.

Remember, it's not totally hopeless for you. There are other reasons they could fail besides ice, such as engine failure, or sinking in a storm, or hitting a tree (washed down from a river) that was floating just below the surface, or just getting tangled up in Russian bureaucracy.

They made another hundred miles overnight. They're in ice-free waters now, and it's all ice-free to the finish.

But if you're so confident they'll fail, we can make a wager, if you'd like. That goes for anyone. Name some terms.

Remember, it's not totally hopeless for you. There are other reasons they could fail besides ice, such as engine failure, or sinking in a storm, or hitting a tree (washed down from a river) that was floating just below the surface, or just getting tangled up in Russian bureaucracy.
Funny how your agenda requires you to always lie.

SHIPS LOG from Wednesday UTC 22.00 17 August (07.00 18 Aug local time)
Within 5 mins it goes to dog poo, fog comes down, ice increases, steer to port to avoid going into Russia.This Laptev Sea is giving us a run for our money.

Today in my morning watch things weren't quite as idyllic. Over night we'd sailed into ice. I know, I said we shouldn't be troubled by ice for a bit, I was wrong. The ice on its own wasn't too bad, the thing was we had fog as well. - The Polar Ocean Challenge

"Today in my morning watch things weren’t quite as idyllic. Over night we’d sailed into ice. I know, I said we shouldn’t be troubled by ice for a bit, I was wrong. The ice on its own wasn’t too bad, the thing was we had fog as well."

"Because we’ve come further south to avoid the ice we’ve got a bit of day and night back, ish, what we have is a dark patch at about two o’clock in the afternoon to eight o’clock in the evening. The reason for the weird times is because of where we are. Though it is easy to forget, we’re now at the same longitude as the most easterly point of India. About. As such the time should have been shifted forward eight hours. However, because it’s easier to work of a fixed time we’re still operating in Murmansk time, we’ll only change this once we reach Alaska. In the meantime we just have to put up with weird light."

And as you two loons continue trying to deflect from your big fail by any means possible, the tracking map continues to show the ship moving steadily east, currently at 11 kph.

Tracking - The Polar Ocean Challenge
except that they're experiencing ice and have to route around it. Why do you keep leaving that part out. It isn't ice free. you lied. admit it lunetunes.I posted their own blog stating so. Are you calling them liars?

Screen-Shot-2016-08-10-at-13.45.22.png

Look at the route, it isn't straight. some maneuvering needed there don't ya think?

since it might be another year, they might. but that wasn't the intent of the voyage now was it?

If you're going to start being nasty, I'm not going to bother. You want to tell me I don't spend too much time thinking, that's your problem, but it's an attack.

Pointing out that you clearly don't put much thought into the things you say is being nasty?

So how about this. You format your post so I can actually read it properly, and you change it to take out the attacks, and then I might respond to it.

How about this...you point out what you think is an attack...and then tell me why you believe it is an attack...and then we can talk about whether it was justified.

Well I happen to think it is. So, you can either accept it, or you can just not. I'm not bothered either way.

If you want civilized, respectful debate, get back to me. If you don't, fine.

Then you should go out and get yourself a pair of big girl panties if you think that is being nasty....or perhaps you are just trying to avoid a discussion that you know you can't win and would prefer to be though of as a pussy than to admit that you were wrong.

You know what, fuck off.

Know what? running away doesn't make you right...it just proves that you can't hold your own in an argument....

It might not make me right, I couldn't give a toss for your baiting here.

I can hold my own in an argument.

However I have made choices, and one of those choices I have made is that anyone who insults I will reply with a simple "wow, insults" or something similar, because quite frankly insults aren't very difficult. Another choice is that people who are aggressive like you, I will tell them they're being aggressive and then hope they stop. You didn't stop, you went off and then insulted, calling me "a pussy".

This is one of those bully boy tactics that I don't like and will not tolerate. Bullies who say "oh, if you can't cope with my bullying tactics, then you're a fucking pussy". I couldn't give a shit if you think I'm a pussy. Your opinion of me doesn't matter to me one little bit.

What matters is that I come on here, I have cordial debate, I put those who are incapable of cordial debate on the ignore list. I'm here to use my brain, not to get angry, not to get frustrated, not to put up with people who are putting their inadequacies in life on to me.

I told you that you could either stop being aggressive and debate in a cordial manner, and you chose to insult.

So I made the decision that you can fuck off.

So fuck off.

It might not make me right, I couldn't give a toss for your baiting here.

I can hold my own in an argument.

No you can't....you repeat whatever you have been told and then when confronted with hard evidence that runs to the contrary of what you have been told, you simply state that you believe what you have been told rather than the hard evidence presented to you....that is not holding your own...that is being blindly obtuse.

However I have made choices, and one of those choices I have made is that anyone who insults I will reply with a simple "wow, insults" or something similar, because quite frankly insults aren't very difficult. Another choice is that people who are aggressive like you, I will tell them they're being aggressive and then hope they stop. You didn't stop, you went off and then insulted, calling me "a pussy".

Convenient...ignore the hard evidence and pretend that your delicate sensibilities have been assaulted...not even a good dodge....and obvious as the sunrise.

This is one of those bully boy tactics that I don't like and will not tolerate. Bullies who say "oh, if you can't cope with my bullying tactics, then you're a fucking pussy". I couldn't give a shit if you think I'm a pussy. Your opinion of me doesn't matter to me one little bit.

Poor baby...but then I suppose you have to come up with some reason to not address the fact that the night time side of venus is the same temperature as the day light side even though the night time lasts the equivalent of 58 of our days...and that there is nothing like enough energy reaching uranus to power even a little greenhouse effect as described by climate science and yet, the lower troposphere is warmer than here on earth on a planet that is arguably the coldest place in the solar system.

What matters is that I come on here, I have cordial debate, I put those who are incapable of cordial debate on the ignore list. I'm here to use my brain, not to get angry, not to get frustrated, not to put up with people who are putting their inadequacies in life on to me.

No...you come here to repeat the pap you read from global warming wackaloons....and run away when you are confronted with hard observed, measured evidence that contradicts said pap.

I told you that you could either stop being aggressive and debate in a cordial manner, and you chose to insult.

Again...completely ignore the hard evidence I gave you that contradicted your claims and pretend that I have hurt your feelings...pitiful.

So I made the decision that you can fuck off.

You made the decision to run away rather than address the data that contradicts your claims...that is what you did...and it was entirely expected.

So fuck off.

Nice of you to concede to my points and admit defeat....You never had a chance anyway....anyone who would claim that the pressure a gas is under doesn't effect its temperature isn't prepared to discuss even basic science anyway.

except that they're experiencing ice and have to route around it. Why do you keep leaving that part out. It isn't ice free. you lied. admit it lunetunes.I posted their own blog stating so. Are you calling them liars?

No, I'm calling you a liar, because you posted a log entry from several days ago, yet you're pretending it's happening right now.

Look at the maps. There's no ice anywhere near the spot where they're currently at. There was ice in the spots where they were a couple days ago.

Now, if you'd like to protest that you're not a liar, and you're just a retard who can't understand concepts like "the passage of time" and "moving from an area with ice to an area without ice", I think everyone will accept that.

Poor baby...but then I suppose you have to come up with some reason to not address the fact that the night time side of venus is the same temperature as the day light side even though the night time lasts the equivalent of 58 of our days...and that there is nothing like enough energy reaching uranus to power even a little greenhouse effect as described by climate science and yet, the lower troposphere is warmer than here on earth on a planet that is arguably the coldest place in the solar system.

Venus has strong winds that circle the planet every couple days, constantly renewing the heat on the dark side.

Left that out, did we? After all, you've been informed of that before. It's just your usual lying-by-omission fraud, one of your favorite tactics. Boring. You're not ignored because you're smart. You're ignored because everyone knows you're a fraud, a person who endlessly repeats crap pseudoscience propaganda, even though it's been debunked many times.

I've got a little time now. If you'd like to present a particular piece of crap pseudoscience which is a particular favorite of yours, we can relive the old days. You know, I'll debunk it, then you'll hurl bitter whiny insults, right before you run.

No, I'm calling you a liar, because you posted a log entry from several days ago, yet you're pretending it's happening right now.

Look at the maps. There's no ice anywhere near the spot where they're currently at. There was ice in the spots where they were a couple days ago.

Now, if you'd like to protest that you're not a liar, and you're just a retard who can't understand concepts like "the passage of time" and "moving from an area with ice to an area without ice", I think everyone will accept that.
I did? how is it I did that? The story from you all was they were sailing ice free. I found log entrees that contradicted that statement. And only that. The logs have dates on them. That sir/ma'am makes you the liar.

Venus has strong winds that circle the planet every couple days, constantly renewing the heat on the dark side.

Left that out, did we? After all, you've been informed of that before. It's just your usual lying-by-omission fraud, one of your favorite tactics. Boring. You're not ignored because you're smart. You're ignored because everyone knows you're a fraud, a person who endlessly repeats crap pseudoscience propaganda, even though it's been debunked many times.

I've got a little time now. If you'd like to present a particular piece of crap pseudoscience which is a particular favorite of yours, we can relive the old days. You know, I'll debunk it, then you'll hurl bitter whiny insults, right before you run.
hmmmm, me thinks you have had a dream. The only running in this place is you and yours. Can't ever answer a basic question. Then deflect and run. yeppers, facts is facts.

SHIPS LOG from Thursday UTC 19.00 18 August (04.00 19 Aug local time)
http://polarocean.co.uk/well-i-came-watch-morning-0800-ice-ice-bt-ice/
Well I came up on watch this morning at 0800. ice, ice and more b****t ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back