Glenn Beck: Privatize The Military?

Some 40 percent of the soldiers fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan work for a private company.
No, they don't, dumbass.
The new Congressional Research Service report also calculates that contractors in Afghanistan make up between 22% and 30% of the armed U.S. force in Afghanistan.​
Your Military was privatized soon after the drfat was ended. America has never ih her histroty been able to rasie an army of sufficient size without a draft. American men for the most part are fat, lazy, intellectually inferior cowardly, boozers.
...and our Boy Scouts could invade Canada and own the place in a week. Did you have a point, dumbass?

Oh, and someone claiming to be intellectually superior really should work on his spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Dumbass :lol:

I heard some of the interview with Stossel on the radio. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I'd be interested to do this to the whole charity section of the government that ISN'T constitutional.

No matter what though, you need a 'management firm' which is the job of the government. As for contracting out... yeah....... not quite convinced that's a good idea at this time.

If we did not maintain a platinum plated military with the capacity to project power at a moments notice everywhere and anywhere on the globe, perhaps we could get a good hold on government spending.

Funny how Conservatives always want to make cuts in programs which directly benefit Americans, but never ever suggest cuts be made in the defense budget. Conservatives want tax cuts, but never ever suggest how those cuts will be paid for.

If we did not maintain a platinum plated military with the capacity to project power at a moments notice everywhere and anywhere on the globe, perhaps we could get a good hold on government spending.

Funny how Conservatives always want to make cuts in programs which directly benefit Americans, but never ever suggest cuts be made in the defense budget. Conservatives want tax cuts, but never ever suggest how those cuts will be paid for.
Social spending is greater than military spending by an order of 2 to 1. Plus, the Military is constitutionally mandated. Social spending is not.

Defense programs don't directly benefit Americans? Where do you think F-22s and MRAPs and MREs and uniforms and warships come from...they're found under cabbage leaves?

I thought liberals were for the working man. Why do you want to put so many people out of work?

if we did not maintain a platinum plated military with the capacity to project power at a moments notice everywhere and anywhere on the globe, perhaps we could get a good hold on government spending.

Funny how conservatives always want to make cuts in programs which directly benefit americans, but never ever suggest cuts be made in the defense budget. Conservatives want tax cuts, but never ever suggest how those cuts will be paid for.

defense programs don't directly benefit americans? Where do you think f-22s and mraps and mres and uniforms and warships come from...they're found under cabbage leaves?

I thought liberals were for the working man. Why do you want to put so many people out of work?
you must spread some reputation around before giving it to daveman again.

roflmao

I don't think privatizing the military is a good idea. I could possibly go with privatizing law enforcement. By privatizing I mean ofcourse, contracting.

Defense programs don't directly benefit Americans? Where do you think F-22s and MRAPs and MREs and uniforms and warships come from...they're found under cabbage leaves?

LOL!

Brilliant!

You know, speaking as a 20 year military man, privatizing the military would be a BAD idea.

Lemmie ask a quick question, who is the privatized military going to answer to, the President, or the CEO of the privatized military contract.

Who makes the decisions to invade? Will Congress still be in the loop?

And remember Blackwater/XE and how well all their shit worked out.

Besides, there is a UNIFORM MODE OF COMMUNICATION between ALL services. Will that seamless connection still be able to exist when you have 1 company for the Navy, 1 company for the Marines, 1 company for the Army, 1 company for the Air Force and a totally separate company for special operations operators.

Wanna explain how 5 different CEO's who are privatized (and therefore don't necessarily have to answer to the President), are going to all get together for a mission?

I don't think any of you civvie idiots who think this is a good idea to look into have considered anything like that.

But.......it's not your fault, you can't be expected to know what goes on with military operations.........you never served and decided to make cash instead.

No wonder you think privatization would be a good idea........

You know, speaking as a 20 year military man, privatizing the military would be a BAD idea.

Lemmie ask a quick question, who is the privatized military going to answer to, the President, or the CEO of the privatized military contract.

Besides, there is a UNIFORM MODE OF COMMUNICATION between ALL services. Will that seamless connection still be able to exist when you have 1 company for the Navy, 1 company for the Marines, 1 company for the Army, 1 company for the Air Force and a totally separate company for special operations operators.

Wanna explain how 5 different CEO's who are privatized (and therefore don't necessarily have to answer to the President), are going to all get together for a mission?

I don't think any of you civvie idiots who think this is a good idea to look into have considered anything like that.

But.......it's not your fault, you can't be expected to know what goes on with military operations.........you never served and decided to make cash instead.

That believe it or not is my fear too.

But there may be middle ground alternatives.

So what's your opinion of cities giving contracts to privatised law enforcement contractors? You think that's a bit much as well?

if we did not maintain a platinum plated military with the capacity to project power at a moments notice everywhere and anywhere on the globe, perhaps we could get a good hold on government spending.

Funny how conservatives always want to make cuts in programs which directly benefit americans, but never ever suggest cuts be made in the defense budget. Conservatives want tax cuts, but never ever suggest how those cuts will be paid for.

defense programs don't directly benefit americans? Where do you think f-22s and mraps and mres and uniforms and warships come from...they're found under cabbage leaves?

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to daveman again.

roflmao
*tips hat* :)

LOL!

Brilliant!

Thanks! :)

So what's your opinion of cities giving contracts to privatised law enforcement contractors? You think that's a bit much as well?

Not sure about privatizing police, their job is not quite what the military does, because they don't have to go overseas to fight.

Maybe for the police it would be an okay thing, because most police departments only anwer to the city, county or state.

Leave the FBI part of the government though.

Not sure about privatizing police, their job is not quite what the military does, because they don't have to go overseas to fight.

Maybe for the police it would be an okay thing, because most police departments only anwer to the city, county or state.

Leave the FBI part of the government though.

I'm fine with leaving the FBI and CIA, I'm not completely against having a federal government. I just think the federal government have overstepped their role in this country and eroded state's rights. Kind of off topic, but if this health care crap doesn't get repealed, it's the end of federalism as we know it. No telling what they can and cannot do if that happens. we'll be the Federal Districts of America, not the United states.

Wow, not only have you lunatics now claimed that the US Military is incompetent, you've managed to pave the way for a full-on corporate oligarchy here in the US.

Nice work!

Hey, I know, why don't we just sell half the country to Halliburton, and the other half to Exxon/Mobil?

At least that way we'd make some money on the deal, before giving up our way of life to bow to the corporate overlords.

Nice to know where your true motivations lie though.

I hope you morons really get what is being said here. (Oh and fuck all of you who say our military is substandard and needs to be privatized. Fuck you...)

It would happen much faster with a privatized military Observer.

Truth......privatize the military, and the country has about 3 years.

And no, healthcare isn't going to fracture the US, it's going to be the fear mongering by the GOP.

When people are scared, they get stupid, trust me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back