Glenn Beck: Privatize The Military?

It's already privatized. You murkins just didn't notice.
Your glassy eyed, slack jawed fools who "volunteered" to defend FreeDumb, earn chump change as cannon fodder with inferior gear.
Blackwaters, and others, employees have top shelf gear and make big fucking money.
There is damn near as many contractors as brainwashed slaves.
More of murkas " fair and balanced" BS.

Actually, that's a lot closer than many people think.........ever hear of a company that makes a product called "Dragon Skin" armor? All the private contractors had it as well as those troops that were guarding the VIP's and the CIA had it as well.

It's really good stuff by the way, I watched a demonstration of it on the Military Channel. You can lay on a grenade and still be able to walk away if you're wearing it.

Unfortunately, the regular troops were not allowed to wear it because it was too expensive. One man bought his son a set and sent it to him in Iraq. His son was told to send it back because it wasn't standard issue.

Yeah.......the regular military gets hind tit when it comes to the CIA and private companies.

You know, speaking as a 20 year military man, privatizing the military would be a BAD idea.

Lemmie ask a quick question, who is the privatized military going to answer to, the President, or the CEO of the privatized military contract.

Who makes the decisions to invade? Will Congress still be in the loop?

And remember Blackwater/XE and how well all their shit worked out.

Besides, there is a UNIFORM MODE OF COMMUNICATION between ALL services. Will that seamless connection still be able to exist when you have 1 company for the Navy, 1 company for the Marines, 1 company for the Army, 1 company for the Air Force and a totally separate company for special operations operators.

Wanna explain how 5 different CEO's who are privatized (and therefore don't necessarily have to answer to the President), are going to all get together for a mission?

I don't think any of you civvie idiots who think this is a good idea to look into have considered anything like that.

But.......it's not your fault, you can't be expected to know what goes on with military operations.........you never served and decided to make cash instead.

No wonder you think privatization would be a good idea........

Well said sir. Well said. :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Also it has been overkilled in popular culture, but why is it that private companies always go rogue or have a secret agenda based on the profit motive rather than the survival of the country? They are businesses out to make money that's why, only a matter of time till they start charging protection money and running a military junta. :eusa_eh:

Better to have private contractors and a publicly funded military than a military funded by private corporations for private corporations.

Last edited:
A privatized military is nothing less than a grave threat to this country and everything that America stands for. We should be concerning ourselves with deprivatizing our current military system.

I vote for executing Glenn Beck for even having considered it.

(Oh hell, I'd be all for executing Glenn Beck for an infinite number of reasons!)

:eek:

A privatized military is nothing less than a grave threat to this country and everything that America stands for. We should be concerning ourselves with deprivatizing our current military system.

(Oh hell, I'd be all for executing Glenn Beck for an infinite number of reasons!)

Scratch a leftist, find a fascist. :clap2:

It's already privatized. You murkins just didn't notice.
Your glassy eyed, slack jawed fools who "volunteered" to defend FreeDumb, earn chump change as cannon fodder with inferior gear.
Blackwaters, and others, employees have top shelf gear and make big fucking money.
There is damn near as many contractors as brainwashed slaves.
More of murkas " fair and balanced" BS.

Actually, that's a lot closer than many people think.........ever hear of a company that makes a product called "Dragon Skin" armor? All the private contractors had it as well as those troops that were guarding the VIP's and the CIA had it as well.

It's really good stuff by the way, I watched a demonstration of it on the Military Channel. You can lay on a grenade and still be able to walk away if you're wearing it.

Unfortunately, the regular troops were not allowed to wear it because it was too expensive. One man bought his son a set and sent it to him in Iraq. His son was told to send it back because it wasn't standard issue.

Yeah.......the regular military gets hind tit when it comes to the CIA and private companies.

There was the small problem of them falling apart in the sun and leaving your entire upper torso unprotected.
Pinnacle SOV 3000 level IV Dragon Skin suffered catastrophic failure of
the ceramic disc containment grid adhesive at -600 F, 1200 F and 1600 F.

Oh, and it just plain didn't work
Pinnacle SOV 3000 level IV Dragon Skin vests suffered 13 first or second
shot complete penetrations, failing 4 of 8 initial subtests with ESAPI
threat baseline 7.62 x 63mm APM2 Armor Piercing (AP) ammunition.

Bottom Line up Front:
Dragon skin does not meet required protection standards

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/files/dragon_skin_release_000121may07.pdf

moz-screenshot.png
wwwprofessionalsoldiers.png

that's known as FAILURE

Test results
- Total number of vests tested: 8
- Total number of vests failed: 4
- Total number of penetrations: 13 of 48
Conclusion: Dragon Skin does not meet
required protection standards for Soldier use.

Why does ABS want our soldiers to die from using substandard protection just because it has a neat-o name?

I say again, of eight Pinnacle SOV 3000 Level IV Dragon Skin (DS) vests tested for V0 penetration, four of them failed, and 13 of 48 rounds fired for record were complete penetrations. Of these, significant first shot failures were noted when the DS vests were exposed to diesel fuel, a serious concern since almost all of our vehicles use this fuel and between spillage during refueling and the potential for saturation after an IED attack on US convoys, vests can easily be contaminated with fuels. A first shot complete penetration was also observed after a DS vest was drop tested. Anyone who has served understands that a 48 pound vest is going to get dropped, dragged, and abused a LOT in a combat zone, even during normal patrolling and movement. Finally, and most significantly, the vest cannot be exposed to heat. With solar loads regularly generating vehicle interior temperatures well in excess of 150 degrees, the DS vest disks delaminate themselves and fall to the bottom of the vest, effectively reducing the armor protection to nearly nothing. All panels shot after high temperature exposure failed in the first shot. This is unacceptable and is hardly a characteristic I would look for in a product to replace the current proven ESAPI in conjunction with the Enhanced Side Ballistic Inserts (ESBI).

Dragon Skin Testing and the Truth - Professional Soldiers ®

So, Abs... why do you want our soldiers to die?

this is as empty a response as ever has been typed here.

rich irony, really. corporatist.

You complain about an empty response then offer your own. "Corporatist"? :lol:

However, my response was not empty, though you're desperate to believe it is.

You see, you want someone killed because you disagree with him, proving you have zero understanding of the right of free speech, an absolute intolerance for differing viewpoints, and potential homicidal tendencies. Your own views are so fragile they cannot withstand disagreement, so you seek to silence that disagreement. You lack the courage of your convictions, which are weak to begin with.

Now go on and tell me how intelligent, enlightened, and tolerant you are. :lol:

I say again, of eight Pinnacle SOV 3000 Level IV Dragon Skin (DS) vests tested for V0 penetration, four of them failed, and 13 of 48 rounds fired for record were complete penetrations. Of these, significant first shot failures were noted when the DS vests were exposed to diesel fuel, a serious concern since almost all of our vehicles use this fuel and between spillage during refueling and the potential for saturation after an IED attack on US convoys, vests can easily be contaminated with fuels. A first shot complete penetration was also observed after a DS vest was drop tested. Anyone who has served understands that a 48 pound vest is going to get dropped, dragged, and abused a LOT in a combat zone, even during normal patrolling and movement. Finally, and most significantly, the vest cannot be exposed to heat. With solar loads regularly generating vehicle interior temperatures well in excess of 150 degrees, the DS vest disks delaminate themselves and fall to the bottom of the vest, effectively reducing the armor protection to nearly nothing. All panels shot after high temperature exposure failed in the first shot. This is unacceptable and is hardly a characteristic I would look for in a product to replace the current proven ESAPI in conjunction with the Enhanced Side Ballistic Inserts (ESBI).

Dragon Skin Testing and the Truth - Professional Soldiers ®

So, Abs... why do you want our soldiers to die?

Actually, I don't. And, if the stuff is so inferior why was the CIA, Blackwater and anyone guarding VIP's ISSUED THE FUCKING STUFF?

From wikipedia.........

Dragon Skin is a type of ballistic vest made by Pinnacle Armor. It is currently produced in Fresno, California. Its characteristic two-inch-wide circular discs overlap like scale armor, creating a flexible vest that allows a good range of motion and can allegedly absorb a high number of hits compared with other military body armor. The discs are composed of silicon carbide ceramic matrices and laminates, much like the larger ceramic plates in other types of bullet resistant vests.[1]

The armor is available in three basic protection levels: SOV-2000, which has previously had certification to Level III protection[2][3]; SOV-3000, which is rated as Level IV by the manufacturer, but has not officially certified as such[3]; and a rating-unspecified "Level V" variant not available to the general public.

Dragon Skin has been worn by some civilian contractors in Iraq, some special operations forces in Iraq and Afghanistan,[4] some SWAT teams,[5] nine generals in Afghanistan,[6] bodyguards tasked with protecting generals,[7] and U.S. Secret Service personnel.[8] The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has also purchased Dragon Skin for their elite operatives in Iraq, after it passed the agency's own testing.[9]

Last edited:
When I served in the military you just waited for the right moment and shot the fags.

If we did not maintain a platinum plated military with the capacity to project power at a moments notice everywhere and anywhere on the globe, perhaps we could get a good hold on government spending.

Funny how Conservatives always want to make cuts in programs which directly benefit Americans, but never ever suggest cuts be made in the defense budget. Conservatives want tax cuts, but never ever suggest how those cuts will be paid for.

Defense programs don't directly benefit Americans? Where do you think F-22s and MRAPs and MREs and uniforms and warships come from...they're found under cabbage leaves?

I thought liberals were for the working man. Why do you want to put so many people out of work?
If you start building American arms from American steel, we'll talk.

No can do. The only company on the West Coast that can roll armor plate and titanium is owned by a Russian Company, Evraz. Which, just also happens to be an excellant company to work for. Treats it's employees far better than any American company I have worked for.

And the steel we use can come from the Ukraine, Brazil, Mexico, or China. We also sell a great deal of armor plate to Isreal. The world is a bit more of a convoluted place than it used to be.

You see, you want someone killed because you disagree with him, proving you have zero understanding of the right of free speech, an absolute intolerance for differing viewpoints, and potential homicidal tendencies. Your own views are so fragile they cannot withstand disagreement, so you seek to silence that disagreement. You lack the courage of your convictions, which are weak to begin with.

Ah Daveboy, you strike all of us as such a tolerant erudite fellow.:lol:

Ah Daveboy, you strike all of us as such a tolerant erudite fellow.:lol:
Oh, I admit I'm not so evolved as to want someone killed because I disagree with him, but I get by.

Privatize the IRS too! Heck, privatize Congress and whole government! Corporations at least run more efficiently than the government. Oh but that would entail scrapping the Constitution!

Privatization tends to lower the quality of services rendered because the company that is hired to do the job has to make money.
The government does not have to balance the books and therefore can stick to ideals rather than profit/loss.

As one who served in the Armed Forces I am shocked, dismayed, yes stunned at the inuendos being posted. I doubt any of you have ever pointed a weapon in anger at an enemy - I have.

As one who served in the Armed Forces I am shocked, dismayed, yes stunned at the inuendos being posted. I doubt any of you have ever pointed a weapon in anger at an enemy - I have.
Homes, I doubt nigh everything you say. If you were canadian military, I don't think you guys pointed a gun in anger at anyone since WW2.

Forum List

Back