Glenn Beck: Privatize The Military?

Third-way decentralized social democracy... I'm not sure there's really a term for what I advocate

Party meetings get lonely, huh? :lol:

I'd like to hear more about it. From what I've seen, you're a reasonable guy, so I know you can't be a leftist. :lol:

Well, I suppose that depends on where we place the 'center' of the graph?

pcgraphpng.php

Third-way decentralized social democracy... I'm not sure there's really a term for what I advocate

Party meetings get lonely, huh? :lol:

I'd like to hear more about it. From what I've seen, you're a reasonable guy, so I know you can't be a leftist. :lol:

Well, I suppose that depends on where we place the 'center' of the graph?

pcgraphpng.php
Not bad at all. I expect there are quite a few areas we agree.

I'm Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

Dunno. Are you a leftist? Note I make a distinction between "liberal" and "leftist".

But I was making a point about leftists and cults of personality.

What's the distinction?
Liberals are closer to the middle. Leftists are on the extreme left.
I thought Democrats were close to the middle and Liberals were the far Left? Has Glenn Beck re-defined this for all of you?

I guess all those times I was called a Liberal, or a 'Lib' on boards like this, they were really calling me a moderate, eh?

Last edited:
What's the distinction?
Liberals are closer to the middle. Leftists are on the extreme left.
I thought Democrats were close to the middle and Liberals were the far Left?
Actually, you didn't think at all.

Political party affiliation is not a precise indicator of placement on the political scale. There are conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.
Has Glenn Beck re-defined this for all of you?
I don't listen to Beck. I expect you listen to him more than I do, to get your impotent rage on. :lol:
I guess all those times I was called a Liberal, or a 'Lib' on boards like this, they were really calling me a moderate, eh?
I said "closer to the middle", moron, not "in the middle".

And yes, you are a leftist. And you're stupid enough to be proud of it, I expect. :lol:

:lol: Privatize the Military? Wow, what a terrible idea.

"By the end of the segment, Beck admits he is not advocating a privatization of the military, but that he does think it is an important option to discuss. He is right."

I don't know how "important" the option would be, but it is interesting: Privatizing, or if you prefer Mecernarizing the military would cause tingles to go up the legs of the "history repeats itself" fans that like to compare the Roman Empire to the USA.

"By the end of the segment, Beck admits he is not advocating a privatization of the military, but that he does think it is an important option to discuss. He is right."

I don't know how "important" the option would be, but it is interesting: Privatizing, or if you prefer Mecernarizing the military would cause tingles to go up the legs of the "history repeats itself" fans that like to compare the Roman Empire to the USA.

It would. That's one of the arguments I'd probably bring up. Never mind how much of a failure groups like Blackwater have been since we've been over there. Giving them the keys to the car and allowing them to represent us would be terrible.

Privatizing the military is the single most idiotic idea I've heard in a long time. No surprise that it came from Beck.

Don't we have enough problems with private interests controlling this country thru lobbyists?

Now, they want to remove the root of all power from the control of the people and democratic government and give it to private corporations?

ARE YOU COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND!

If nothing else, our military is, for the most part, non-politicized and dedicated to upholding the Constitution.

Now you want a military dedicated to making the largest profit for their employers instead?

Ya'all need ya fuckin heads examined!

Privatizing the military is the single most idiotic idea I've heard in a long time. No surprise that it came from Beck.

Ya'all need ya fuckin heads examined!

Jaysus, at least read a couple of posts before opening your mouth and inserting foot:

"By the end of the segment, Beck admits he is not advocating a privatization of the military...."

We could wipe out the goat herder military yesterday if we wanted to. The goat hereders are not the leaders of Al Qaeda or the Taliban.
The scary part is that you folks and Glenn Beck do not know shit about security, foreign policy or the military.
Privatize the military? You would trust nuclear weapons to a population that believes pro wrasslin is real.
You people are bat shit crazy.

Forum List

Back