Glenn Beck (of all people) dismantles the gun control argument

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TemplarKormac, Nov 8, 2017.

1. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,878
    . The ownership rates on guns here date back forever in this nation, and the crime rates have fluctuated throughout time as well in this nation. What we need to do is to look at cultural decay's, trends, family destruction, infiltration by foriegn enemies, infiltration by domestic enemies across cultural and moral boundaries, the radicalization of citizens in vacuums created where leadership fails, and disrespect replaces decency and morality.

The guns are there to protect ourselves against the decay set in motion by many factors involved, and yes guns can end up in the hands of the bad guy's sure, but it's the price we all pay for our ability to hold on to our security against anyone attempting to steal our country, our liberty, our lives, and our pursuit of happiness.

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,605
    He never mentioned the NRA

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,605
    Why did you make me watch that?

Same old shit....nothing new
    False assumptions on available data

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,104
    What he means is that Beck's emotional appeal worked exactly well on HIM!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,878

The crime rates are rising due to guns eh ?? Ohhh it couldn't have anything to do with the decaying of society in which the reactionary gun grabber's or rather the crazies have been engineering so quitely over the years eh ? Blame them dam guns right, but not the hands that are carrying them eh ? Interesting !!

Yes, I can see why we have some of these adamant gun grabber's running about blaming the guns for everything now, and thus trying to get them as they have been for the last longest by way of every event recorded, and this being regardless of the cause and effect of the event (just lump it all together somehow), and blame those guns.

So are these the people who have been attempting to socially engineer/manipulate a society into thinking that NO means YES, and UP means DOWN the gun grabbers ??

So if you try to correct the problems peacefully or resist, then they threaten your entire life, culture and world if you don't capitulate ?? Of course they would be sitting on a stockpile of destroyed weapons laughing because they had rendered you useless if you had any thoughts of making a stand by way of a constitutionally formed militia against the things in which you might see as being threatening to you, to your family, your friends, and the country in which you and so many others have Loved for so long now.

No need for a militia though, but rather just a government change that supports unity, morality, decency, standards, family, peaceful religion's, American culture, freedom, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness once again. Go figure upon having to defend such things as these now right ?

The counter stands or foward aggressions may have already begun or have started within the various time frames over time now, and the skirmishes or acts taking place in these tragic events, well are they just a preview of the dissatisfactions being shown by those who went bonkers over it all ??

The gun grabbing thoughts, are they more previlent now, and is this because some can't get their way in order to subdue what they see as being a problem for their group or either as a reaction to those who are resistant to so much change all at once that is being thrust upon the nation ? How many broken people are out there one wonders ? So the idea is to control the access to the weapons as a best response, and this is because no one really knows as to how many are sick in the heads after all that has went down in society, and as to how many are actually out there now ??

6. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,974
    This from Beck's site:

All this week on the show, Glenn will be taking a long hard look at the arguments surrounding gun control in this country. Those who advocate more gun control typically use one or more of these four main arguments: 1) There are too many guns in the US, 2) It’s the fault of the NRA, 3) “Assault weapons” should be banned, or 4) gun control has worked in other countries.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2017/11/07/watch-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-gun-control-debate/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

Notice the argument that gets left out...closing the background check loopholes....

7. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,878
    . Agree, there should be no background check loopholes of any kind.

8. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,305
    Like I said, preconceived biases...

9. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,305
    "-Second argument: It's all the NRA's fault.
    In your clip I see no clear argument against that statement."

Clearly you weren't paying attention...

10. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +904
    How do you spout so much nonsense in 3 sentences?
    -You think a bias invalidates the validity of a point on a political forum? Guess what everybody here has biases..... including you. The difference is that I know and freely admit to being biased but don't let that bias mean I don't need to listen to the other side. I've even conceded and even changed my position here when good counter argument were presented to me. Can you say the same?
    -You also seem to think that being wrong on a point,( Lets put aside that I didn't make the claim you said I made) invalidates the premise of all arguments in some way. I've been wrong before, that doesn't mean I'm never right.
    The way I see it, you using a straw man argument and a stupid argument like, bias dismisses me of any obligation to defend my assertion, points to either laziness or, more likely inability to argue the merit of the point.
    In the original OP you asked me to watch the clip and not be dishonest. I used the claims Beck put on the blackboard and then made counterarguments to his claims. I didn't present my case for gun control because that isn't the premise of your OP. The premise was that Beck destroys the arguments of gun control advocates. something I believe he didn't for the reasons stated in my original reply. That's the proper way to have a debate on something. One person puts out an assertion the other person argues against.