Glad the people of South Carolina can finally show the nation how to reject federal funds.

Was any intimidate aid denied to the NY area right after Sandy?

No.

The vote was on a bill so laden with pork and bloat, that was set up well after the actual emergency response that it doesn't even qualify as "emergency".

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Where. Cite the pork. Fox saying there is doesn't mean there actually is.

Fox News' Bogus Hunt For Pork In Sandy Bill Continues

One of the most stunning elements in the amendment is $16 billion for the Community Development Block Grant, a slush fund that states and localities can hand out pretty much anywhere they choose. The amendment contains several pages of language ostensibly aimed at restricting use of the funds, but also says they can be applied to “other eligible events in calendar years 2011, 2012, and 2013.” It’s just a guess, but events in 2011 and 2013 are not likely the result of Hurricane Sandy. This is the kind of spending that helps unravel coherent budgeting and contributes to chronic, trillion-dollar deficits.

$60 Billion Sandy Bill Larded with Pork - Breitbart

and a bill actually was passed.

Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

breitbart----- proven liars and nutcases.

Obama; Liar of the Year; 2013

idiots and hypocrites

You don't understand the premise of the post.
Thank you.

Progressives like the OP are just morons. The Right believes the government exists for the basic needs of the protection of the people; disaster relief would fall under that category.
that doesnt make the Right a bunch of hypocrites to accept federal money for a disaster

libs are just losers who lie to themselves. they cant exist if they cant make false narrative arguments.

No.

The vote was on a bill so laden with pork and bloat, that was set up well after the actual emergency response that it doesn't even qualify as "emergency".

One of the most stunning elements in the amendment is $16 billion for the Community Development Block Grant, a slush fund that states and localities can hand out pretty much anywhere they choose. The amendment contains several pages of language ostensibly aimed at restricting use of the funds, but also says they can be applied to “other eligible events in calendar years 2011, 2012, and 2013.” It’s just a guess, but events in 2011 and 2013 are not likely the result of Hurricane Sandy. This is the kind of spending that helps unravel coherent budgeting and contributes to chronic, trillion-dollar deficits.

So you are saying that $16 Billion Community Block Grant Development boondoggle was NOT part of the original bill?

now watch the wingers say the most dangerous words are "i'm from the government and i'm here to help".

:lmao:

lol good one idiot. how has the government "helped" the millions it trapped in generational welfare dependency???

aww... so cute... another subliterate rightwingnuthack who tries to insult my intelligence.

generational dependency? you're a moron.

until of course it's your house after which you'd squeal like a stuck pig.

Thank you.

Progressives like the OP are just morons. The Right believes the government exists for the basic needs of the protection of the people; disaster relief would fall under that category.
that doesnt make the Right a bunch of hypocrites to accept federal money for a disaster

libs are just losers who lie to themselves. they cant exist if they cant make false narrative arguments.

YAWN

whatever

now watch the wingers say the most dangerous words are "i'm from the government and i'm here to help".

:lmao:

lol good one idiot. how has the government "helped" the millions it trapped in generational welfare dependency???

aww... so cute... another subliterate rightwingnuthack who tries to insult my intelligence.

generational dependency? you're a moron.

until of course it's your house after which you'd squeal like a stuck pig.

i understand idiot; you want your victims to shut up and cash their checks

idiots and hypocrites

Exactly. You have nothing that is contradictory to the post and you have is your childish remarks.
bye-1.gif%7Ec200

Thank you.

YAWN

whatever

are you saying there is no such thing as multi-generational welfare leftard?

or just not woman enough to admit it or talk about it???

Exactly. You have nothing that is contradictory to the post and you have is your childish remarks.
bye-1.gif%7Ec200

Thank you.

YAWN

whatever

everything i posted contradicts the post idiot. not my fault you cant understand

No.

So you are saying that $16 Billion Community Block Grant Development boondoggle was NOT part of the original bill?

she wont answer; that douche never discusses details; only throws bombs.

Why they voted against it.
"Being from South Carolina, I can understand the need for disaster relief,” said Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC). “However, we're over $16 trillion in debt, and this bill did not offset the disaster relief funds with spending cuts in other areas.”
At least some R's are trying to not add more to the debt. The Dems keep wanting to add more to it.

I agree

We need to apply the same standard to Rep Duncan. We now have $18 trillion in debt. Once we pay that off, maybe we can find money for South Carolina

Its total opinion is what you posted.
Nice try,.

bye-1.gif%7Ec200

Thank you.

YAWN

whatever

everything i posted contradicts the post idiot. not my fault you cant understand

No.

Does that include the Washington Post because they have the same thing.?

Nice try,.

bye-1.gif%7Ec200

Thank you.

YAWN

whatever

that's your OPINION of what i posted, this is a message board dummy.

geesh do you REALLY want to go there with me dummy???

Coming from NJ, and seeing the devastation from Hurricane Sandy, I understand the pain South Carolina is going through

But we have $18 trillion in debt and have no money in this years budget........May I suggest South Carolina rely on local charities for help rather than asking the rest of th country to pay

Yes! LOL fool!

Nice try,.

bye-1.gif%7Ec200

Thank you.

YAWN

whatever

Yes! LOL fool!

Nice try,.

bye-1.gif%7Ec200

YAWN

whatever

YAWN

ok then dummy; go for it. just dont cry later ok???

Does the funding for South Carolina have pork spending in it like Sandy did?
If so then yes he is a hypocrite.
"The Hurricane Sandy package was $60 billion. Forty-seven states got community development funding. They repaired Amtrak corridors unaffected by Sandy. It was a pork-fest.
Lindsey Graham defends his vote against Hurricane Sandy package while mulling South Carolina flood relief

I'll tell you what

Send me the proposed spending on SC Disaster relief and I will decide if there is an ounce of pork in it

Does the funding for South Carolina have pork spending in it like Sandy did?
If so then yes he is a hypocrite.
"The Hurricane Sandy package was $60 billion. Forty-seven states got community development funding. They repaired Amtrak corridors unaffected by Sandy. It was a pork-fest.
Lindsey Graham defends his vote against Hurricane Sandy package while mulling South Carolina flood relief

I'll tell you what

Send me the proposed spending on SC Disaster relief and I will decide if there is an ounce of pork in it
suddenly pork laden legislation matters?
isn't THAT interesting....

Forum List

Back