Gives a whole new meaning to Magic Mushroom!

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mushrooms Are Thriving in Rainy 2013: See the Weirdest that Grow in the U.S. (PHOTOS) - weather.com

Wouldn't you just love to find this in your front yard!

a63de8dc-d0dc-47c5-b0aa-ba8c7bb63619_650x366.jpg

Fascinating article. Does anyone here hunt and eat wild mushrooms? I love mushrooms but I've never tried that.

ONLY Morrels!!!! We get a lot of really crazy looking ones in our woods, some I wouldn't dare even touch! That blue one is pretty cool looking tho.......

I'd be scared to touch something like this tho.....if it's pretty in any way, it has to be dangerous! :) A few years ago we were visiting my son at Ft Campbell in Tennessee (101st airborne). They lived in an apartment just off the base. We found a spider outside that was mostly red, it was awesome, but scary looking. My DIL went to get a jar to put it in, while she was gone a neighbor stepped on it! It was dead but not really "smushed". We started looking it up online, and found out what it was (but can't remember the name now!). But it was a VERY RARE spider, I think because of the color it was a male, and the article said they weren't poisonous. Boy did we feel awful about it being stepped on! Lol! We did report that one was spotted in the area...where there's one there's probably more :)

I don't clean my spiders webs outside my house. I leave them there. I have one web that is huge on the side of my barn. At night when the flood light is on it you see all these bugs flying around it and the web glistens in the light - huge! It is actually quite beautiful!

The blue mushroom is beautiful. I have never seen one that color before. Very unusual!

Last edited:
I just noticed out there where my Bull grazes there are mushrooms growing! Big ones! They aren't blue though. I know some mushrooms are a psychadelic drug if eaten, Bloodrock. I didn't know that if you touched one it could poison you though. That one is new to me. Glad someone mentioned it here! Yikes. - Jeri

I just noticed out there where my Bull grazes there are mushrooms growing! Big ones! They aren't blue though. I know some mushrooms are a psychadelic drug if eaten, Bloodrock. I didn't know that if you touched one it could poison you though. That one is new to me. Glad someone mentioned it here! Yikes. - Jeri

Got up this morning and now I have them in my front yard. Don't know whether to smoke 'em or eat 'em.

Forum List

Back