Given that the media is trying to destroy Trump, he should have a 0% approval rating by now

I think that will be the case. If Trump listened to polls, he would have dropped out in the primary.

Trump is well aware of the medias attempt to make him out as the bad guy. You can't stop that. But what you can do is carry on and let the voters decide on how good a job you're doing.
Trump does not have the people behind him. He was elected from a minority of voters and polls in the low 40s

But it does not matter ....unless he wants to bullyCongress or deal with other nations who consider him politically weak

Polls are shaped to make you believe what they want; just like before the presidential election. Trump learned then and I hope he remembers that lesson.

This is not an election ...it is a President

Low polls mean Trump does not get to say....The people are behind me
Low polls mean others get to tell Trump to go fuck himself

And yet if we had a reelection between Hil-Liar and Trump today, Trump would still win.
Would Russia still be helping him?

They never helped him in the past, why would he need them today?

The number 1 cable news network in America has spent the last 8 years bashing Obama and is now praising Trump. The majority of talk radio demonizes the Left and props up the Right. I'd say there is weight being tossed around in both directions. Either way the media is full of shit and has been for years. I don't think many people trust them, its turned into an entertainment industry motivated by ratings.

Indeed. You have one channel (Fox News) and AM radio against all other major media outlets.

So during this coverage of Trump, to which they dedicated 54 percent of their time, did they treat him fairly? Not only did Trump enjoy no "media honeymoon" afforded most new presidents, he was regularly raked across the coals with what MRC calculates is a stunning 88 percent of negative coverage. (By the way that abysmal 88 percent is actually 3 percent better than the 91 percent negative coverage of Trump MRC calculated during the election.)
When you call the media "fake news" on your first day
Do you really expect much of a honeymoon?

Irrelevant. The point is that most of the media is against him, and of course constant negative reporting will have an impact on public opinion. It's not just Trump, it's with any Republican.

If more people watch Foxnews than watch CNN and MSNBC combined, you certainly can't say that most of the cable news media is against him.

I said most of the MSM, not just cable news. No cable channel can compete against the national media. Believe it or not, there are still many people that don't have cable, or the minimum package that doesn't have cable networks.

You realize that Trump had his own primetime network TV show for years, right?

Indeed. You have one channel (Fox News) and AM radio against all other major media outlets.

So during this coverage of Trump, to which they dedicated 54 percent of their time, did they treat him fairly? Not only did Trump enjoy no "media honeymoon" afforded most new presidents, he was regularly raked across the coals with what MRC calculates is a stunning 88 percent of negative coverage. (By the way that abysmal 88 percent is actually 3 percent better than the 91 percent negative coverage of Trump MRC calculated during the election.)

Irrelevant. The point is that most of the media is against him, and of course constant negative reporting will have an impact on public opinion. It's not just Trump, it's with any Republican.

If more people watch Foxnews than watch CNN and MSNBC combined, you certainly can't say that most of the cable news media is against him.

I said most of the MSM, not just cable news. No cable channel can compete against the national media. Believe it or not, there are still many people that don't have cable, or the minimum package that doesn't have cable networks.

You realize that Trump had his own primetime network TV show for years, right?

So? What does that have to do with anything?

The number 1 cable news network in America has spent the last 8 years bashing Obama and is now praising Trump. The majority of talk radio demonizes the Left and props up the Right. I'd say there is weight being tossed around in both directions. Either way the media is full of shit and has been for years. I don't think many people trust them, its turned into an entertainment industry motivated by ratings.

If you call your new wife a fat ugly pig at your wedding
Don't complain when you don't have much of a honeymoon

Right, because the MSM always gave Republicans an equal shot before Trump. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Nixon, Reagan, Bush 41, Bush 43, Trump
All complained the media was against them
Yet they still manage to get elected. Mustn't be working

Right, because the MSM always gave Republicans an equal shot before Trump. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Same with Trump. And remember that there was no conservative talk or news network during Nixon, Reagan and 41.

So he's doing pretty good, all things considered.
I'm not a fan of the guy, but yeah, this has been ridiculous.

I saw the report that 89% of news items about him have been negative, and I've tried to think of ONE that I have seen that wasn't.

The Left is fine with that, of course, but I do wonder if they realize what's going on, even if they won't admit it. This is no longer journalism, it's blatant advocacy.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but yeah, this has been ridiculous.

I saw the report that 89% of news items about him have been negative, and I've tried to think of ONE that I have seen that wasn't.

The Left is fine with that, of course, but I do wonder if they realize what's going on, even if they won't admit it. This is no longer journalism, it's blatant advocacy.
He got positive press on the Easter Egg Roll
Maybe he needs to stick with his strong suit

I posted the link in post #28
I can tell you from experience that there is only one (1) thing that animates the media more than carefully advancing its political agenda, and that's when someone questions or challenges their integrity.

When that happens, all bets are off, even if it's a fellow lefty. Trump is both a Republican and he has aggressively challenged their integrity.

Holy shit, that's why this is World War freakin' III. No other Republican has done this, to this degree.

I can tell you from experience that there is only one (1) thing that animates the media more than carefully advancing its political agenda, and that's when someone questions or challenges their integrity.

When that happens, all bets are off, even if it's a fellow lefty. Trump is both a Republican and he has aggressively challenged their integrity.

Holy shit, that's why this is World War freakin' III. No other Republican has done this, to this degree.

And I love every minute of it. I used to get so pissed off when other Republicans backed away from the media instead of holding their ground when they were right. To some degree, I even think Trump is softening up a bit.

The problem with the MSM is that they don't report and allow people to think what they wish; they tell people what to think. To some degree it works on a group of people. Others just stop watching or reading and the results are clear in newspaper sales and television ratings.

And I love every minute of it. I used to get so pissed off when other Republicans backed away from the media instead of holding their ground when they were right. To some degree, I even think Trump is softening up a bit.

The problem with the MSM is that they don't report and allow people to think what they wish; they tell people what to think. To some degree it works on a group of people. Others just stop watching or reading and the results are clear in newspaper sales and television ratings.
Well, just remember, this is going to continue. So while it may be amusing to see him go after them, they'll get the final word, always.

So, given the hornet's nest he's willingly peed on, he and his supporters can't complain.

Well, just remember, this is going to continue. So while it may be amusing to see him go after them, they'll get the final word, always.

So, given the hornet's nest he's willingly peed on, he and his supporters can't complain.

Sure you can complain. After all, if not for indoctrination, there would be no Democrat party.

It starts in grade school with teachers shoving global warming down their throats and a strict "NO GOD" policy. From there it's off to college where more one-sided subjects are taught. Throughout all that, it's leftist Hollywood with their selective entertainment and the political opinion of stars that many audience members look to as God's. After college, it's the MSM and their liberal bias.

That's difficult to fight with only one non-liberal news outlet and AM radio. But with more options available than years ago when liberalism was on steroids throughout the 70's, it seems they are still losing steam in spite of all the power on their side.

I was talking some politics with coworkers when one asked WTF are with these college kids protesting and acting violently? I told him it's because they are scared, and scared people do desperate things.

Liberals are fearful as hell when it comes to opposing opinions. Even liberals know that their agendas are damaging and non-sensical at times. What they are scared of is somebody like Ann Culter coming along and changing the minds of those not totally brainwashed yet. You don't see conservatives behaving this way because we want the liberals to get their message out. We want them to show who they truly are. It doesn't hurt us--it helps us.

Sure you can complain. After all, if not for indoctrination, there would be no Democrat party.

It starts in grade school with teachers shoving global warming down their throats and a strict "NO GOD" policy. From there it's off to college where more one-sided subjects are taught. Throughout all that, it's leftist Hollywood with their selective entertainment and the political opinion of stars that many audience members look to as God's. After college, it's the MSM and their liberal bias.

That's difficult to fight with only one non-liberal news outlet and AM radio. But with more options available than years ago when liberalism was on steroids throughout the 70's, it seems they are still losing steam in spite of all the power on their side.

I was talking some politics with coworkers when one asked WTF are with these college kids protesting and acting violently? I told him it's because they are scared, and scared people do desperate things.

Liberals are fearful as hell when it comes to opposing opinions. Even liberals know that their agendas are damaging and non-sensical at times. What they are scared of is somebody like Ann Culter coming along and changing the minds of those not totally brainwashed yet. You don't see conservatives behaving this way because we want the liberals to get their message out. We want them to show who they truly are. It doesn't hurt us--it helps us.
You forgot that evolution nonsense

Study: How Biased is the Media Against Trump? EXTREMELY Biased.
It's not rocket science... Trump is a bully who likes to talk shit. That envokes a visceral reaction in many people and motivates them to try and put him in his place. On top of that he moves from controversy to controversy so they have plenty of ammo. You can't honestly say that the anti Trump movement is unprovoked

The President is not married to the news media. What kind of “honeymoon” do you think the President is supposed to have with the press? In this case, the press has been hostile to him from the beginning, as it has long been toward all Republicans and/or conservatives. No sane person on this side is going to expect any kind of “honeymoon” with the news media, just for getting elected to any office.

And they were correct, every one of them.

The lesson to be learned, here, is that the news media is not as powerful nor as important as it wishes that it was, or that it imagines itself as being. If it was, then none of those men would have ever been elected President.

Limbaugh said it best. The media no longer informs, the media tries to shape outcome.

When all you hear about is that Trump has ties to Russians, Russians caused the loss of Hillary Clinton, Trump paid no taxes, there are enough people to believe it to have a strong impact on polls.

So the pot is calling the kettle black. Unless of course LimpBalls doesn't think he's part of the media. He's the Godfather of shaping outcomes.

The President is not married to the news media. What kind of “honeymoon” do you think the President is supposed to have with the press? In this case, the press has been hostile to him from the beginning, as it has long been toward all Republicans and/or conservatives. No sane person on this side is going to expect any kind of “honeymoon” with the news media, just for getting elected to any office.
I'm not the one whining that the press didn't give him a honeymoon snowflake

Limbaugh said it best. The media no longer informs, the media tries to shape outcome.

When all you hear about is that Trump has ties to Russians, Russians caused the loss of Hillary Clinton, Trump paid no taxes, there are enough people to believe it to have a strong impact on polls.

So the pot is calling the kettle black. Unless of course LimpBalls doesn't think he's part of the media. He's the Godfather of shaping outcomes.
Limbaugh has bullied the GOP for decades

Forum List

Back