Given that the media is trying to destroy Trump, he should have a 0% approval rating by now

Trump is failing, waffling, or abandoning completely almost all of the promises he campaigned on.

Why wouldn't his approval rating be at or below where his support was on election day?

From the Trump friendly Foxnews:

FOX170427.GIF

Trump is failing, waffling, or abandoning completely almost all of the promises he campaigned on.

Why wouldn't his approval rating be at or below where his support was on election day?

If we could get the obstructionist Democrats out of the way, most of his promises would be carried out.

I hope Trump ignores the polls and just focuses on leading. I know it can be tough especially for a guy who was so absorbed with ratings on his tv show, but he has to do what he was elected to do and ignore the whining and hand wringing. They will NEVER accept him as president, so lead as all great people do.

I think that will be the case. If Trump listened to polls, he would have dropped out in the primary.

Trump is well aware of the medias attempt to make him out as the bad guy. You can't stop that. But what you can do is carry on and let the voters decide on how good a job you're doing.
Trump does not have the people behind him. He was elected from a minority of voters and polls in the low 40s

But it does not matter ....unless he wants to bullyCongress or deal with other nations who consider him politically weak

Polls are shaped to make you believe what they want; just like before the presidential election. Trump learned then and I hope he remembers that lesson.

I hope Trump ignores the polls and just focuses on leading. I know it can be tough especially for a guy who was so absorbed with ratings on his tv show, but he has to do what he was elected to do and ignore the whining and hand wringing. They will NEVER accept him as president, so lead as all great people do.

I think that will be the case. If Trump listened to polls, he would have dropped out in the primary.

Trump is well aware of the medias attempt to make him out as the bad guy. You can't stop that. But what you can do is carry on and let the voters decide on how good a job you're doing.
Trump does not have the people behind him. He was elected from a minority of voters and polls in the low 40s

But it does not matter ....unless he wants to bullyCongress or deal with other nations who consider him politically weak

Polls are shaped to make you believe what they want; just like before the presidential election. Trump learned then and I hope he remembers that lesson.

This is not an election ...it is a President

Low polls mean Trump does not get to say....The people are behind me
Low polls mean others get to tell Trump to go fuck himself

So he's doing pretty good, all things considered.
The number 1 cable news network in America has spent the last 8 years bashing Obama and is now praising Trump. The majority of talk radio demonizes the Left and props up the Right. I'd say there is weight being tossed around in both directions. Either way the media is full of shit and has been for years. I don't think many people trust them, its turned into an entertainment industry motivated by ratings.

Indeed. You have one channel (Fox News) and AM radio against all other major media outlets.

So during this coverage of Trump, to which they dedicated 54 percent of their time, did they treat him fairly? Not only did Trump enjoy no "media honeymoon" afforded most new presidents, he was regularly raked across the coals with what MRC calculates is a stunning 88 percent of negative coverage. (By the way that abysmal 88 percent is actually 3 percent better than the 91 percent negative coverage of Trump MRC calculated during the election.)

Study: How Biased is the Media Against Trump? EXTREMELY Biased.

The number 1 cable news network in America has spent the last 8 years bashing Obama and is now praising Trump. The majority of talk radio demonizes the Left and props up the Right. I'd say there is weight being tossed around in both directions. Either way the media is full of shit and has been for years. I don't think many people trust them, its turned into an entertainment industry motivated by ratings.

Indeed. You have one channel (Fox News) and AM radio against all other major media outlets.

So during this coverage of Trump, to which they dedicated 54 percent of their time, did they treat him fairly? Not only did Trump enjoy no "media honeymoon" afforded most new presidents, he was regularly raked across the coals with what MRC calculates is a stunning 88 percent of negative coverage. (By the way that abysmal 88 percent is actually 3 percent better than the 91 percent negative coverage of Trump MRC calculated during the election.)
When you call the media "fake news" on your first day
Do you really expect much of a honeymoon?

And yet if we had a reelection between Hil-Liar and Trump today, Trump would still win.

Limbaugh said it best. The media no longer informs, the media tries to shape outcome.

When all you hear about is that Trump has ties to Russians, Russians caused the loss of Hillary Clinton, Trump paid no taxes, there are enough people to believe it to have a strong impact on polls.
after the poll numbers they gave Trump last October,,,we just add 15 points! which means Trump is actually around 68% approval

Irrelevant. The point is that most of the media is against him, and of course constant negative reporting will have an impact on public opinion. It's not just Trump, it's with any Republican.

Limbaugh said it best. The media no longer informs, the media tries to shape outcome.

When all you hear about is that Trump has ties to Russians, Russians caused the loss of Hillary Clinton, Trump paid no taxes, there are enough people to believe it to have a strong impact on polls.
after the poll numbers they gave Trump last October,,,we just add 15 points! which means Trump is actually around 68% approval

Today is his 100th day celebration. He's got a lot accomplished considering the obstruction by Democrats and activist judges, so some people will see the problem isn't Trump, but liberals.

And yet if we had a reelection between Hil-Liar and Trump today, Trump would still win.

FOX170427.GIF

Um no. Never underestimate the stupidity of the republican voter. Anyone who supports him is either really stupid or in complete denial.

Who is in denial, stock market up, consumer confidence record high, illegals being sent back, sanctuary cities on notice, how much better could it get. Now are you going to deny these wonderful things Trump is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Russia still be helping him?

Irrelevant. The point is that most of the media is against him, and of course constant negative reporting will have an impact on public opinion. It's not just Trump, it's with any Republican.
If you call your new wife a fat ugly pig at your wedding
Don't complain when you don't have much of a honeymoon

If more people watch Foxnews than watch CNN and MSNBC combined, you certainly can't say that most of the cable news media is against him.

If more people watch Foxnews than watch CNN and MSNBC combined, you certainly can't say that most of the cable news media is against him.

I said most of the MSM, not just cable news. No cable channel can compete against the national media. Believe it or not, there are still many people that don't have cable, or the minimum package that doesn't have cable networks.

If you call your new wife a fat ugly pig at your wedding
Don't complain when you don't have much of a honeymoon

Right, because the MSM always gave Republicans an equal shot before Trump. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back