Give to the Red Cross, unless your name is Romney

when obamaturd got inaugurated he used FEMA funds for that. what a dope. and just think what that 850 billion dollars pissed away for his "stimulus" could do now? Now we need some infrastructure.

What stimulus are you referring to? This one,
"The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110-185, 122 Stat. 613, enacted February 13, 2008) was an Act of Congress providing for several kinds of economic stimuli intended to boost the United States economy in 2008 and to avert a recession, or ameliorate economic conditions. The stimulus package was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on January 29, 2008, and in a slightly different version by the U.S. Senate on February 7, 2008. The Senate version was then approved in the House the same day.[1] It was signed into law on February 13, 2008 by President Bush with the support of both Democratic and Republican lawmakers. The law provides for tax rebates to low- and middle-income U.S. taxpayers, tax incentives to stimulate business investment, and an increase in the limits imposed on mortgages eligible for purchase by government-sponsored enterprises (e.g., Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). The total cost of this bill was projected at $152 billion for 2008"?

Just imagine how they'd be whining if Obama had overridden that law? Actually, I'm not sure he could but if he had, the lying rw's would all be whining "if only we'd had Bush's (charge it!) stimulus, our unemployment would be all the way down to 8%"

LOL, no doubt! Those dishonest bastards have it down to a science; if Obama does "A" they have "reasons" why he should have done "B" and they will be "outraged" and manipulate their lemmings into being the same, if Obama does "B" they have "reasons" why he should have done "A" and they will be "outraged" and manipulate their lemmings into being the same.

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

Any links to back that up?

It's tight. This is from the Plain Dealer right in Ohio. Polls are at the link. Most are all within the margin of error.

New polls show President Obama tied or slightly ahead in Ohio, Sherrod Brown doing better

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney's and President Barack Obama's campaigns both claim they will win Ohio, and either outcome is possible Nov. 6. Several polls released over the past few days suggest Obama is ahead, although still within the margin of error in several of the surveys.

New polls show President Obama tied or slightly ahead in Ohio, Sherrod Brown doing better | cleveland.com[/B]

Thanks Tiny!

Andrea Mitchell is conservative?

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, like I said, you actually have to watch her.

Or, if you prefer, do the rw thing and just make it up.
its kinda like how you claimed to be an "Independent".....when your no where near that.....

When my WHAT is no where near that?

Never mind. I don't think you're smart enough to get that.

Serious question for you.

Do you have any idea what the real reason for registering as an "Independent" is?

Take your time.

We'll wait ......................................................................................................

No they don't.

You ever work for the Red Cross?

I did. We had to warehouse a shit load of clothing they couldn't use.

That..costs money.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

And people wonder why we're fed up with rw's.

WHAT is wrong with giving what they can actually use? What is wrong with giving what is needed?

This is the same kind of thing that Mitt is doing. He wants to look like he gives a damn without actually doing anything. Our fellow Americans need more than a photo op.

Why don't you take a good long look at the photographs and videos from these decimated areas and then go look in the mirror.

I swear, the next person that makes me type this is going to get negged.

Romney is boxing the food and shipping it to New Jersey at his own expense, that alone removes any objection the idiots that think money is better than food would have. On top of that, the Red Cross in New Jersey actually wants the food, which removes any objection nay idiot might have. He also had information on donating to the Red Cross displayed on two Jumbotrons on how to donate to the red cross using a cell phone.

Actually, I heard Romney bought $5,000 worth of food at the local Wal-Mart and passed it off as "donations"...

You can Google it...

He bought $5000 worth of food, with his own money, and is donating it in order to make it look like they got food to donate.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one.

They need everything they can get.

No they don't.

You ever work for the Red Cross?

I did. We had to warehouse a shit load of clothing they couldn't use.

That..costs money.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

Either you are as stupid as a brick or this is "satire". Which is it? I honestly can't tell.

Obama Gave 1% to Charity

Romney charitable contributions
Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
2011 (est) $20.9 million $4 million 19.14%

SOURCE:

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%
http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15

Romney is a multi millionaire. Obama is not. I imagine that is why.

Romney is a "mulit hundred millionaire" and he gives to his church which receives 7 billion a year from it's sheeple. Where are their great works of "help"? Their charitable causes?

It's amazing to me that liberals have sunk so low that they would condemn Romney donating $5,000. worth of food.

And actually using the phrase "passing it off as a donation".

How vile can they get?

It has the word cross in the name, that makes it religious to idiots.

The Red Cross is a religious organisation, much like the Salvation Army. Most charities are.

Funding Sources for Red Cross

Charitable donations from the American public
Participation in the United Way and Combined Federal Campaigns
Reimbursements and grants from local, state and federal government agencies for specific projects

Don't see much religion there.

Actually, I heard Romney bought $5,000 worth of food at the local Wal-Mart and passed it off as "donations"...

You can Google it...

He bought $5000 worth of food, with his own money, and is donating it in order to make it look like they got food to donate.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one.

TV news said it was campaign money.

Post a link that says it was his money.

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

Any links to back that up?

The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event

The plan was for supporters to bring hurricane relief supplies to the event and then deliver the bags of canned goods, packages of diapers, and cases of water bottles to the candidate, who would be perched behind a table along with a slew of volunteers and his Ohio right-hand man, Senator Rob Portman. To complete the project and photo op, Romney would lead his crew in carrying the goods out of the gymnasium and into the Penske rental truck parked outside.

But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal-Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer. (The campaign confirmed that it "did donate supplies to the relief effort," but would not specify how much it spent.)

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their "donations" to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest "Thank you."

Obama Gave 1% to Charity

Romney charitable contributions
Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
2011 (est) $20.9 million $4 million 19.14%

SOURCE:

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%
http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15

Romney is a multi millionaire. Obama is not. I imagine that is why.

Obama made more than $1 million every year since he has been in office. My definitions might be a little fuzzy hear, but I think that puts him into the multimillionaire category.

The Red Cross isn't a religious organization.

Good grief. Can anyone possibly be as ignorant as noomi is on as many subjects?

It has never been a religious organization.

"

• The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a private humanitarian institution founded in 1863 in Geneva, Switzerland, by Henry Dunant and Gustave Moynier. Its 25-member committee has a unique authority under international humanitarian law to protect the life and dignity of the victims of international and internal armed conflicts. The ICRC was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on three occasions (in 1917, 1944 and 1963).[3]
  • The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) was founded in 1919 and today it coordinates activities between the 188 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies within the Movement. On an international level, the Federation leads and organizes, in close cooperation with the National Societies, relief assistance missions responding to large-scale emergencies. The International Federation Secretariat is based in Geneva, Switzerland. In 1963, the Federation (then known as the League of Red Cross Societies) was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize jointly with the ICRC.[3]
International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back