Give to the Red Cross, unless your name is Romney

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

Any links to back that up?

I saw it on the news earlier but then, I don't watch fux.

They tried to stage this big photo op but, just like always, they screwed it up.

Two jars of peanut butter went through the line twice so Romney could thank a couple of kids - twice. They spent $5000 of campaign money (is that legal?) to buy stuff at walmart and pretend it had been donated. Then, the volunteers had to unload it and wait for LyinRyan to get there to pretend to be loading it.

Business as usual for the most dishonest and corrupt pair ever to buy or steal a vote.

Money is what they need.

Not more water..food or clothing.

We got that covered.

They need everything they can get.

No they don't.

You ever work for the Red Cross?

I did. We had to warehouse a shit load of clothing they couldn't use.

That..costs money.
had a standup at work Sallow......the red cross said they will take whatever help we can give from money to canned goods .....they had a list of acceptable things.....

No they don't.

That..costs money.

During a crisis they need everything they can get. Try wrapping yourself around a dollar bill, when it gets cold at night. Why is it that you need to Politicize everything Sallow??? Food, Clothing, Shelter, are in high demand right now. Stop being an Idiot.
i think Dean has been tutoring Sallow as of late.....

No they don't.

That..costs money.

During a crisis they need everything they can get. Try wrapping yourself around a dollar bill, when it gets cold at night. Why is it that you need to Politicize everything Sallow??? Food, Clothing, Shelter, are in high demand right now. Stop being an Idiot.

You'd have better luck getting the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction.

just call Superman.....he can do it.....:eusa_angel:

I understood Sallow to say that if you donate clothing, canned stuff, material things, the Red Cross has to pay to store things in warehouses and also to somehow get enough volunteers or pay people to sort through it all.

Money is easier. They buy what they need and get it to the people who need it.

Money is what they need.

Not more water..food or clothing.

We got that covered.

The Red Cross asked people not to send canned goods or clothing because it makes more work for their workers to sort and distribute it. They asked for money.

tell that to the person who gave us a standup......they said they will be using existing food supplies in the food banks in the east and the food that is contributed will be used to resupply what they take.....

"American Red Cross
The do-gooders at the American Red Cross do a good job of spending your money when you donate. They manage to keep administrative expenses at less than 5% of their total overhead, and they spend 92.1% of their income on actual programs that benefit the community. Whether it's teacher CPR, or managing crisis during the aftermath of a disaster, the Red Cross puts your money to good use."

What Percentage of Donations Go to Charity

I recommend people call their local Red Cross chapter and find out how much it costs to take the classes they offer. Disaster management is handled by you local Office of Emergency Management and FEMA. Check out your local distaster plan because every county is required by law to have one.

in Cal its the The California Emergency Management Agency.....CalEMA......

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

It's tight. This is from the Plain Dealer right in Ohio. Polls are at the link. Most are all within the margin of error.

New polls show President Obama tied or slightly ahead in Ohio, Sherrod Brown doing better

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney's and President Barack Obama's campaigns both claim they will win Ohio, and either outcome is possible Nov. 6. Several polls released over the past few days suggest Obama is ahead, although still within the margin of error in several of the surveys.

New polls show President Obama tied or slightly ahead in Ohio, Sherrod Brown doing better | cleveland.com[/B]

I just posted a new thread about how Chris Christie and President Obama are working together for the good of the victims of Sandy.

THAT is what is needed now. Not the politicizing and exploitative photo ops from R&R.

BTW, anyone who pays attention to Andrea Mitchell knows that she is actually pretty conservative. But, she's been around a lot of years and doesn't put up with much in the way of lies and MitShit.

gee kinda like what you have been doing......Duddley Romney....

I just posted a new thread about how Chris Christie and President Obama are working together for the good of the victims of Sandy.

THAT is what is needed now. Not the politicizing and exploitative photo ops from R&R.

BTW, anyone who pays attention to Andrea Mitchell knows that she is actually pretty conservative. But, she's been around a lot of years and doesn't put up with much in the way of lies and MitShit.

Andrea Mitchell is conservative?

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, like I said, you actually have to watch her.

Or, if you prefer, do the rw thing and just make it up.
its kinda like how you claimed to be an "Independent".....when your no where near that.....

I understood Sallow to say that if you donate clothing, canned stuff, material things, the Red Cross has to pay to store things in warehouses and also to somehow get enough volunteers or pay people to sort through it all.

Money is easier. They buy what they need and get it to the people who need it.

FINANCIAL AND BLOOD DONATIONS NEEDED “The Red Cross response to Sandy is very large and will be very costly, affecting a massive area spanning much of the eastern half of the country. We need the public’s help now,” said Shimanski.

Financial donations help the Red Cross provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by disasters like Hurricane Sandy. To donate, people can visit American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to someone’s local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

Red Cross Continues Large Sandy Relief Operation

HOW TO HELP “This will be a large, costly relief response and we need help now,” Shimanski said. “People can help by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief online, by text or by phone.”

Donations help the Red Cross provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by disasters like Hurricane Sandy. To donate, people can visit American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to someone’s local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

PLEASE GIVE BLOOD The storm has already caused the cancellation of Red Cross blood drives in the region, and more cancellations are expected. This has resulted in the loss of several hundred units of blood and platelets so far. The Red Cross has shipped blood products to hospitals in the affected area in advance of the storm as patients will still need blood and platelets despite the weather. If anyone is eligible, especially in places not affected by the storm, they are asked to please schedule a blood donation now.

To schedule a blood donation or get more information about giving blood, people can visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). To give blood, someone must be at least 17 years of age, meet weight and height requirements and be in general good health.

Donors should bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID with them. Some states allow 16-year-olds to give with parental consent.

Red Cross Responding to Hurricane Sandy

I saw it on the news earlier but then, I don't watch fux.

They tried to stage this big photo op but, just like always, they screwed it up.

Two jars of peanut butter went through the line twice so Romney could thank a couple of kids - twice. They spent $5000 of campaign money (is that legal?) to buy stuff at walmart and pretend it had been donated. Then, the volunteers had to unload it and wait for LyinRyan to get there to pretend to be loading it.

Business as usual for the most dishonest and corrupt pair ever to buy or steal a vote.

and you have the gall to bitch about Right Wingers Politicizing this thing?.....what the fuck have you been doing?....phony old basterd....

What was the amount of Barack's and Michelle's check to the Red Cross?

Forum List

Back