Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

She behaved recklessly in instructing him to get back into the car. That met the standard for manslaughter

Not as I understand the definition.

it's no different than telling a person to go jump in the lake.

If I tell you to jump in the lake and you drown that's not my fault
It quite a bit different than telling someone to jump in a lake

It is actively participating in a suicide....Manslaughter

No she wasn't there and did not participate.

She didn't push the plunger on a syringe or pull the trigger of a gun.

She said go kill yourself

He did all the rest by himself of his own free will

and FYI she was convicted of involuntary manslaughter which is even more of a stretch
You don't have to be there to participate
Osama bin Laden was not on the planes

She met the statutory requirements of involuntary manslaughter

No she didn't

Involuntary manslaughter In most states involuntary manslaughter results from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while performing a legal act, or while committing an act that is unlawful but not felonious.

She committed no unlawful act

I think this was an inappropriate charge and that it will be overturned in appeals. Plain old criminal negligence is a more appropriate charge since the girl didn't lay a hand on the victim. I mean, it's not like this is the first or even the most blatant case of "bullying" or encouraging someone to commit suicide. There have been others, and the people involved (I don't THINK) even faced any charges at all. There was a girl a few years back who was bullied and she did commit suicide over it, but the people were never charged that I'm aware of.

I think this was an inappropriate charge and that it will be overturned in appeals. Plain old criminal negligence is a more appropriate charge since the girl didn't lay a hand on the victim. I mean, it's not like this is the first or even the most blatant case of "bullying" or encouraging someone to commit suicide. There have been others, and the people involved (I don't THINK) even faced any charges at all. There was a girl a few years back who was bullied and she did commit suicide over it, but the people were never charged that I'm aware of.
negligence implies that she had a duty to do something

she didn't

Afraid it is

She behaved recklessly in instructing him to get back into the car. That met the standard for manslaughter

and FYI she was convicted of involuntary manslaughter which is even more of a stretch

No she didn't

Involuntary manslaughter In most states involuntary manslaughter results from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while performing a legal act, or while committing an act that is unlawful but not felonious.

In this state, the statute requires "reckless behavior" resulting in death
The judge specifically declared it to be reckless behavior

No she didn't

he's wrong
If I was on that jury I would have voted not guilty

No she didn't

he's wrong
No you wouldn't have and couldn't have.

No she didn't

he's wrong

Of course I could have

I can vote any way I want to on a jury

No she didn't

he's wrong

Of course I could have

Only if there is a jury: which there wasn't

No she didn't

he's wrong

Of course I could have

That was her first mistake then

There's no way a jury would have come to a guilty verdict because there are at least a few people out there smart enough to know that telling a person to jump off a bridge doesn't equal manslaughter

he's wrong

Of course I could have

There's no way a jury would have come to a guilty verdict because there are at least a few people out there smart enough to know that telling a person to jump off a bridge doesn't equal manslaughter
Agree. Her chances of finding a resonable person to vote her way, were12 times higher, had she chosen a jury trial. She clearly had terrible counsel through this ordeal, for him to support forgoing a jury. Huge mistake. There are only 2 possible outcomes when you forgo a jury. With a jury, there are 3; 2 of which benefit the defendant.

he's wrong

Of course I could have

Agree. Her chances of finding a resonable person to vote her way, were12 times higher, had she chosen a jury trial. She clearly had terrible counsel through this ordeal, for him to support forgoing a jury. Huge mistake. There are only 2 possible outcomes when you forgo a jury. With a jury, there are 3; 2 of which benefit the defendant.
Basic game theory right?

What this case represents is implementation of the leftist construct that words are weapons, such as hate speech.

By "assaulting him with words" and words only, she became negligent as to his general well being. The judge ruled that she, while 17 and under medication for psychological dysfunction, was of sufficient mental capacity and possessed psychological theory and knowledge sufficient to ascertain and diagnose an individual over the phone. Her failure to recognize and attempt to thwart the implied actions of the individual constitute reckless disregard.

That judge is a fucking leftist idiot.

What this case represents is implementation of the leftist construct that words are weapons, such as hate speech.

By "assaulting him with words" and words only, she became negligent as to his general well being. The judge ruled that she, while 17 and under medication for psychological dysfunction, was of sufficient mental capacity and possessed psychological theory and knowledge sufficient to ascertain and diagnose an individual over the phone. Her failure to recognize and attempt to thwart the implied actions of the individual constitute reckless disregard.

I worry about how this will affect free speech. Where is the line here? What are they going to try to prosecute people for next?

I really, really feel for this boy and his parents, and suicide is a terrible thing to deal with. Nobody wants to believe that their loved one wanted to die, so they feel they have to blame someone or something else. There are plenty of people out there who actually DO not want to live anymore though, as sad as that is.

I guess she was charged because she failed to get him some help when he told her he was going to do it, and she actually encouraged him to go through with it, but if she has her own mental issues, who is to say that she was thinking clearly?

moron, she told him to get back in the car...and didn't call for help even though she was in contact with him the whole time.

she deserved what she got.

and you aren't smart enough to decide what ANY judge does is wrong, freak.

The young man had gotten out of the car which was filled with carbon monoxide. She repeatedly told him to bet back in the car if he loved her. He said he was worried about what his parents would think and what they would go through. The witch told him she would take care of them. She also told him to be sure he deleted all the texts. She knew what she was doing was wrong.

As if is needed to have a law requiring a citizen to assist another, numerous state have them on the books including Massachusetts.

In the United States, as of 2009 ten states had laws on the books requiring that people at least notify law enforcement of and/or seek aid for strangers in peril under certain conditions: California,[10][11]Florida,[10][12][13] Hawaii,[10][14] Massachusetts,[10][15] Minnesota,[10][16] Ohio,[10][17] Rhode Island,[10][18]Vermont,[10][19] Washington,[10][20][21] and Wisconsin.[10][22] These laws are also referred to as Good Samaritan laws, despite their difference from laws of the same name that protect individuals who try to help another person.[1]

I hope and pray that she gets the maximum amount of time in prison. She should not be loose in society.

Makes no difference

he called her all he had to do was hang up and not call again

no one made him kill himself he and he alone made the choice as is his right

Obviously, you are again posting without the benefit of knowing the FACTS.

What thrill do you get out of boasting about your ignorance about topics where you post.

Not at all surprising is the appearance that it is the Progressives and Democrats who demand that the bitch had no obligation to attempt to save his life. These are the same people who whine that all they want to do is help the children.

I sure don't want them "helping" any of my kids or any of my loved ones. We see too who has the character, morals, and soul.

Is ignorance your stock in trade?

Forum List

Back