Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

The duty to act is the part I really have a problem with... If one sees a person they hate wreck their car ahead of them; and just by circumstance has the opportunity to save their life; but instead chooses to let them burn to death, because they hate that person... Said witness can be charged with a crime!? Fuck that! No one should be obligated to play hero for anyone, unless they've taken an oath, and hold a job where they are required to do so.
In this case, she convinced him to get back into the burning car

Last edited:
This is on the boundary of what is and what is not legal. But I think the law should be changed, so that a person urging another to commit suicide is held accountable in the law. This was cyberbullying.

all a person has to do to stop cyber bullying is turn off his phone or computer.

Sorry but telling a person to go jump off a bridge is not and should not ever be a crime

The duty to act is the part I really have a problem with... If one sees a person they hate wreck their car ahead of them; and just by circumstance has the opportunity to save their life; but instead chooses to let them burn to death, because they hate that person... Said witness can be charged with a crime!? Fuck that! No one should be obligated to play hero for anyone, unless they've taken an oath, and hold a job where they are required to do so.
That's why the judge was very careful to note that, in this particular case, because she involved herself in his situation...because she gave advice and encouragement, then she created for herself a duty of care.

This case does NOT create a precedent for a random passer-by.
he called her did he not?

That's why the judge was very careful to note that, in this particular case, because she involved herself in his situation...because she gave advice and encouragement, then she created for herself a duty of care.

Exactly. She wasn't just some random passer by shouting at someone to jump. She was his girlfriend who, instead of trying to save his life when she reasonably could have, actively and knowingly encouraged him to end it.

Exactly. She wasn't just some random passer by shouting at someone to jump. She was his girlfriend who, instead of trying to save his life when she reasonably could have, actively and knowingly encouraged him to end it.
Makes no difference

he called her all he had to do was hang up and not call again

no one made him kill himself he and he alone made the choice as is his right

Makes no difference

He called someone he trusted...she betrayed that trust

Makes no difference

No one is saying she "made him kill himself." The question is whether her actions and/or inactions contributed to his death, and whether her behavior was "wanton and reckless."

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Makes no difference

No one is saying she "made him kill himself." The question is whether her actions and/or inactions contributed to his death, and whether her behavior was "wanton and reckless."

it wasn't

he was the only one in that garage therefore he and only he was responsible for his death

This is on the boundary of what is and what is not legal. But I think the law should be changed, so that a person urging another to commit suicide is held accountable in the law. This was cyberbullying.

all a person has to do to stop cyber bullying is turn off his phone or computer.

Sorry but telling a person to go jump off a bridge is not and should not ever be a crime

that would be great if it worked.

...just stop doing anything online anywhere, dont text friends, dont call family, no banking, fb, amazon, work, take family photos off all devices... so the perp wont bother them. lol yikes

...just stop doing anything online anywhere, dont text friends, dont call family, no banking, fb, amazon, work, take family photos off all devices... so the perp wont bother them. lol yikes

you can text friends. People who tell you to kill yourself aren't your friends so don't text them. I wouldn't think I needed to explain that.

my banking website never told me to kill myself. Where the hell do you do your banking?

I'm on Amazon all the time and have yet to be told to go kill myself by anyone on that website

I can look at pics on my phone anytime I want. My phone never tells me to jump off a bridge.

No one is obligated to risk their life and help someone. Most people ( I hope) would at least call 911 ect...)
Good Samaritan laws protect people who want to help IF something went wrong during a rescue attempt.
Now if a person rigged your brakes, followed you and ran you off the road...THEN ignored the burning car. Thats different.

you can text friends. People who tell you to kill yourself aren't your friends so don't text them. I wouldn't think I needed to explain that.

my banking website never told me to kill myself. Where the hell do you do your banking?

I'm on Amazon all the time and have yet to be told to go kill myself by anyone on that website

I can look at pics on my phone anytime I want. My phone never tells me to jump off a bridge.

Lol no.
Im talking about cyber hacking with bullies.

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

She behaved recklessly in instructing him to get back into the car. That met the standard for manslaughter

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

She behaved recklessly in instructing him to get back into the car. That met the standard for manslaughter

Not as I understand the definition.

it's no different than telling a person to go jump in the lake.

If I tell you to jump in the lake and you drown that's not my fault

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

No one is saying it would be. But if you knew I could not swim, and you knew there was a steep drop off 10 feet out, and you encouraged me to go into the lake without warning me, and I went out into the lake believing it was safe and you again didn't warn me about the drop off and then went past it and drowned, your actions most certainly would have contributed to my death beyond just negligence.

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

No one is saying it would be. But if you knew I could not swim, and you knew there was a steep drop off 10 feet out, and you encouraged me to go into the lake without warning me, and I went out into the lake believing it was safe and you again didn't warn me about the drop off and then went past it and drowned, your actions most certainly would have contributed to my death beyond just negligence.

if you know you can't swim why would you listen to anyone who tells you to jump in a lake?

You went into the lake of your own free will.

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

It quite a bit different than telling someone to jump in a lake

It is actively participating in a suicide....Manslaughter

Makes no difference

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

No she wasn't there and did not participate.

She didn't push the plunger on a syringe or pull the trigger of a gun.

She said go kill yourself

He did all the rest by himself of his own free will

and FYI she was convicted of involuntary manslaughter which is even more of a stretch

so what?

it's still not a crime

Afraid it is

No she wasn't there and did not participate.

She didn't push the plunger on a syringe or pull the trigger of a gun.

She said go kill yourself

He did all the rest by himself of his own free will

and FYI she was convicted of involuntary manslaughter which is even more of a stretch
You don't have to be there to participate
Osama bin Laden was not on the planes

She met the statutory requirements of involuntary manslaughter

Forum List

Back