Gingrich threatens to skip debate if no audience participation

Let's Call Newt's bluff. If he doesnt want to come to the next debate. Then let him stay at his hotel.

The rest of the candidates will get more attention and Newt will have cut himself off from his best method of self promotion.

Sorry, but if he's gonna skip the debates that won't allow people to clap every time he says something, he's gonna lose bad and might as well drop out right now.

Without the debates, his campaign is dead in the water.

Seriously.

This guy is being considered as a real live president for the United States?

Come on..

Only if the applause meter registers enough audience participation.

I'd like to see apples and other hard fruits and veggies past out at the entrance (maybe a few rotten things too).

Let's get it on!

:popcorn:

why is it Newt thinks his ideas cant just stand on their own merit and need whooping and appluase by his cronies?

Why do you think they don't? I bet you'll be on your feet clapping and hooting for the mess-iah during the SOTU. Why would you prohibit those that appreciate a point Newt makes from doing the same thing?

"Prohibit"??? Au contraire.

I, for one, would love it if they keep cheering at the red meat Newt throws out to show the rest of the country just what his base is about.

Go Newt! :badgrin:

Seriously.

Come on..

I'd like to see apples and other hard fruits and veggies past out at the entrance (maybe a few rotten things too).

Let's get it on!

Yanno..........Silly Wabbit has a good idea. If he's gonna make a case for positive audience participation because "it's free speech for the viewers", shouldn't he allow for the opposite side of the fence as well, and allow people who disagree with his views to throw rotten tomatos?

Lol...he's so smart, I think he's a shoo-in...not saying I love him, he's not a good conservative, but I think he's figured out how to manage the people and the press:

"
Mr. Gingrich, a former House speaker, on Tuesday morning threatened not participate in any future debates with audiences that have been instructed to be silent. That was the case on Monday, when Brian Williams of NBC News asked the audience of about 500 people who assembled for a debate in Tampa to hold their applause until the commercial breaks."

Hold their applause...a nice way to effectively *silence* the appearance of support for an un-fave of the lib mob...

Gingrich Threatens to Skip Debates if Audiences Can't Participate - NYTimes.com

Well, arguably, Newt gains strength from the audience agreeing with him, and the moderators don't like losing control of the forum when they ask dumb questions like 'Aren't you being racist when you bring up foodstamps".

In the past, the media was happy to point to audience participation (like applauding the execution of a child murderer) as examples of how mean and heartless GOP voters are. Now they are just stuck looking like whipped dogs when Newt doesn't play to their preconceptions.

Allowing audience participation means he only has to speak in pandering one liners and use up the rest of his time smiling at the applause.

Filling up your 90 seconds is a little harder when you actually have to like, present an idea and stuff.

Newt isn't stupid, but he's fucking transparent.

So, wait, you're saying it's not supposed to be like stand-up comedy?
Wow, that changes things completely.

Do the participants know this?
I don't think they do. :eusa_shhh:

Allowing audience participation means he only has to speak in pandering one liners and use up the rest of his time smiling at the applause.

Filling up your 90 seconds is a little harder when you actually have to like, present an idea and stuff.

So, wait, you're saying it's not supposed to be like stand-up comedy?
Wow, that changes things completely.

Do the participants know this?
I don't think they do. :eusa_shhh:

I'm saying that he was on his high horse about this being a presidential debate, and now all of a sudden he wants hootin' and hollering like a county fair.

What a pandering ass.

Seriously.

Come on..

Let's get it on!

Yanno..........Silly Wabbit has a good idea. If he's gonna make a case for positive audience participation because "it's free speech for the viewers", shouldn't he allow for the opposite side of the fence as well, and allow people who disagree with his views to throw rotten tomatos?

I'm thinking tossing a few cow patties into the mix wouldn't hurt.
I mean--why fuck around?
:D

This is Angry Newt.

It makes him look small and petulant.

If he were smart, he should have one of his surrogates tell the network that, first behind closed doors then in public if need be.

That's why the left and the media are so keen to have Gingrich up against Obama. He's easier to take down.

what lies were told about sarah?

and saying she wasn't very smart wasn't a lie.

The lies about her children, her marriage, her family... the lies about her ethics, the lies that resulted in an army of attorneys flocking to Alaska to file frivolous complaints against her...which she and the state of Alaska were then forced to defend (and which she prevailed in, in every single case).

Those lies.

Exactly!! Funny how people are so blinded by their idiology they can't see that...And they call Palin stupid:cuckoo: And Newt won't skip any debates, he loves them:cool:

Last edited:
Only the elites despise earning money...

Go Newt!

First of all Juan, more people have been put on food stamps with President Obama than any President in US history.

Yeah, sure. Go Newt. Newt who positioned himself with those money-despising elites when he was on the defensive against Mitt.

That is one of the key places where Newt showed that he doesn't deserve to be president. That he's just in it for himself. That he is not a consistent conservative. Etc.

For Newt to earn the nomination and the presidency he needed to do it honorably and without betraying his avowed political values. He needed to make up for all those other times that he was dishonorable and inconsistent. And he blew it.

And now people want him to be the candidate? For what? What does he bring to the game other than his "eff the media" attitude? That red meat schtick is going to get old very soon.

I didn't say "Newt for President".

I said, "Go Newt" because I like his last few responses. He's a breath of fresh air in this PC world that kind of sickens me in some ways, and I congratulate Newt for his honesty in what he thinks regardless of political correctness.

His morals are being challenged but he's been pretty clear. So much so that it was always easy to indict him for his indiscretions which are good fodder for the media consumption and and America that loves to consume salaciousness. When the Americans vote, it will be on more substantive issues.

That's not good for him either, but he's a fighter. Go Newt! Keep the momentum and the media on the defensive.

:lol:

I listened to the entire interview between Gingrich and the Fox News crew..I NEVER heard Gingrich say he would not attend future debates! That is the NY Times putting words in his mouth..All he said was "We will not allow that to happen",referring to no audience participation. Leave it to liberals to put in their two cents to make it into something it isn't! He never "threatened" anything...all hype thanks to J.W. Peters at the NY Times!

Hey, I said that earlier.

:evil:

No, it's not. It's just evidence that you can't address the issues.

Palin's success speaks for her intelligence. Despite the best efforts of the lib mob.

Let's Call Newt's bluff. If he doesnt want to come to the next debate. Then let him stay at his hotel.

The rest of the candidates will get more attention and Newt will have cut himself off from his best method of self promotion.
Bad idea. Motels have maids. Newt likes to eye other women....you do the math.

Forum List

Back