Gingrich and his death penalty for all drug dealers

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
will not sit well with true conservatives in the party. I remember very well his speeeches during that time. I was on the board of the youth football league in our county and we put on a youth football jamboree that summer. We invited him to come and shake a few hands and such. Well, the media bombarded the place and he made comments about the death penalty for drug dealers that day at this camp. Off the wall. One can look at the bill he proposed and someone convicted ofsmuggling large amounts of reefer would get the death penalty. He made comments that he wanted mass executions for drug dealers. The Republican party has once again to be a dysfunctional party. If Gingrich is the nominee the DEmocrats will have A FRIGGIN FIELD DAY with him.

Ouch! Newt's made quite a few statements that I know he'd love to take back.

I still see him as the "lesser" of two idiots, hold my nose and vote for him over the incompetent boob we have now....

will not sit well with true conservatives in the party. I remember very well his speeeches during that time. I was on the board of the youth football league in our county and we put on a youth football jamboree that summer. We invited him to come and shake a few hands and such. Well, the media bombarded the place and he made comments about the death penalty for drug dealers that day at this camp. Off the wall. One can look at the bill he proposed and someone convicted ofsmuggling large amounts of reefer would get the death penalty. He made comments that he wanted mass executions for drug dealers. The Republican party has once again to be a dysfunctional party. If Gingrich is the nominee the DEmocrats will have A FRIGGIN FIELD DAY with him.

Gingrich back in the early 90's was one of the pioneer's of medical marijuana--and of course him getting popular and looking at speaker of the house retracted his point of view on that.--And I imagine he would like to take back the death penalty comment that he made 17 years ago too. But Gingrich is fully aware of the medical benefits of medical marijuana--whereas Mitt Romney just wants everyone to shove a pill down their throats--and call it good.

It's all politics.

Now the moron we have in the oval office originally told the justice department to lay off of states with medical marijuana approval--and recently he has sent out the DEA to bust up medical marijuana clinics in California.

So it's 6 to 1/2 dozen. It's all politics--and until all politicians respect the rights of the states to enforce their own drug laws--we will be playing this musical chair game for quite some time to come.

Ron Paul is right. We have 3 Presidents that have admitted using marijuana--and we're still throwing citizens in prison over it. 17 MILLION Americans -are smoking marijuana on a regular basis--and over 130 million Americans have admitted trying it. --I really don't think we can afford that many prisons in this country for non-violent citizens--who typically work--and pay taxes themselves.

And anyone running for the GOP nomination needs to respect States rights--on the medical marijuana issue. There are currently 17 states that have medical marijuana approval-and more states coming on board with it--and many of these states are swing states.

Last edited:
I think the death penalty for all drug dealers would be a very good thing. Might as well give the death penalty to drug users too and speed up the end to their miserable lives.

Of all the statements Newt has said, you think this will get the conservatives upset with him?

I think the conservatives in this country are in a fog right now for some reason.

It would be nice if you had any link IMO. In the end yes, very stange school of thought but now that I have looked into Newt it's not shocking in the least... Newt is Big Government and anti the constitution, he has made that more than clear, all you have to do is look at Newts own words or hell, you can find video...

I think the death penalty for all drug dealers would be a very good thing. Might as well give the death penalty to drug users too and speed up the end to their miserable lives.

Tobacco growers, Budweiser, Miller, Jack Daniels et al, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, Roche, Eli Lily, Bristol Myers and the entire American Medical Association are a lot of folks to execute. How do we go about that?

It would be nice if you had any link IMO. In the end yes, very stange school of thought but now that I have looked into Newt it's not shocking in the least... Newt is Big Government and anti the constitution, he has made that more than clear, all you have to do is look at Newts own words or hell, you can find video...

I have a link that says without doubt Elvis is alive in Hahira, Ga.
I guess it is habit from the work I do. I go and find the links and whatever. They are out there so go get 'em.

Uncle Ferd says is `cause blacks an' latinos are Disproportionately responsible fer drug dealin'...
cool.gif

Legal Group: Death Penalty for Drug Dealers Will ‘Disproportionately Affect Black and Latinos
March 21, 2018 | A legal group condemned Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ call for the use of the death penalty against drug dealers.
As CNSNews.com reported, Sessions called on federal prosecutors to use existing laws to seek the death penalty against drug dealers. He issued a memo to U.S. attorneys on the use of capital punishment in drug-related prosecutions. He cited several laws, including those for certain racketeering activities (18 USC 1959); "the use of a firearm resulting in death during a drug trafficking crime" (18 USC 924); "murder in furtherance of a continuing criminal enterprise" (21 USC 848); and "dealing in extremely large quantities of drugs" (18 USC 3591(b)(1)).

The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law called the plan “tough on crime to the extreme” and argued that it would disproportionately affect blacks and Latinos. “In no uncertain terms, we condemn Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ outrageous call for use of the death penalty as a tool for combatting the sale of drugs in our communities,” Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law President and Executive Director Kristen Clarke said in a statement.

“Today’s announcement is tough on crime to the extreme. Without a doubt, African Americans and Latinos will be disproportionately targeted by over-zealous federal prosecutors eager to heed Sessions’ call for more death sentences,” she said. “At every turn, Attorney General Sessions has reversed years of progress to promote criminal justice reform and he has reignited the ‘War on Drugs.’ His actions threaten to exacerbate existing racial disparities that infect every stage of the criminal justice system, particularly decisions regarding who is issued a death sentence,” Clarke said.

“Moreover, the Attorney General’s memo comes days after President Trump called for use of the death penalty against drug dealers in a speech at a rally. Americans deserve a Justice Department that is committed to promoting justice and not a political agenda.This action stands as further evidence of the politicization of the Justice Department,” she added.

Legal Group: Death Penalty for Drug Dealers Will ‘Disproportionately Affect Black and Latinos’

See also:

AG Sessions Encourages Prosecutors To Use Existing Death Penalty Laws Against Drug Dealers
March 21, 2018 -- In a statement that reflects the White House's view on drug dealing, Attorney General Jeff Sessions "strongly" enouragd federal prosecutors to use several existing federal laws to seek the death penalty against drug dealers.
"To combat this deadly epidemic" of drug abuse and drug-related deaths, "federal prosecutors must consider every lawful tool at their disposal," said Sessions in a March 20 statement. "[T]his should also include the pursuit of capital punishment in appropriate cases," said the attorney general.

heroin_shutterstock-1496252469-4310.jpg

He then cited several laws that allow federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty for certain drug-related crimes. These include certain racketeering activities (18 USC 1959); "the use of a firearm resulting in death druing a drug trafficking crime" (18 USC 924); "murder in furtherance of a continuing criminal enterprise" (21 USC 848); and "dealing in extremely large quantities of drugs" (18 USC 3591(b)(1)). "I strongly encourage federal prosecutors to use these statutes, when appropriate, to aid in our continuing fight against drug trafficking and the destruction it causes in our nation," said Sessions.

Attorney General Sessions also stated that an "opiod coordinator" should be assigned in every federal district and work in conjunction with the Opiod Fraud and Abuse Detection Unit. "Drug overdoses, including overdoses caused by the lethal substance fentanyl and its analogues, killed 64,000 Americans in 2016 and now rank as the leading cause of death for Americans under 50," reported Sessions. "In the face of all this death, we cannot continue with business as usual."

AG Sessions Encourages Prosecutors To Use Existing Death Penalty Laws Against Drug Dealers

Last edited:
Gingrich comes from the Neocon/Nazi-wing of the Party. So this doesn't surprise me. Him and his Neocon/Nazi brethren are very dangerous folks. They've led the GOP astray. Time to cut ties.

Uncle Ferd says is `cause blacks an' latinos are Disproportionately responsible fer drug dealin'...
cool.gif

Legal Group: Death Penalty for Drug Dealers Will ‘Disproportionately Affect Black and Latinos
March 21, 2018 | A legal group condemned Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ call for the use of the death penalty against drug dealers.
As CNSNews.com reported, Sessions called on federal prosecutors to use existing laws to seek the death penalty against drug dealers. He issued a memo to U.S. attorneys on the use of capital punishment in drug-related prosecutions. He cited several laws, including those for certain racketeering activities (18 USC 1959); "the use of a firearm resulting in death during a drug trafficking crime" (18 USC 924); "murder in furtherance of a continuing criminal enterprise" (21 USC 848); and "dealing in extremely large quantities of drugs" (18 USC 3591(b)(1)).

The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law called the plan “tough on crime to the extreme” and argued that it would disproportionately affect blacks and Latinos. “In no uncertain terms, we condemn Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ outrageous call for use of the death penalty as a tool for combatting the sale of drugs in our communities,” Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law President and Executive Director Kristen Clarke said in a statement.

“Today’s announcement is tough on crime to the extreme. Without a doubt, African Americans and Latinos will be disproportionately targeted by over-zealous federal prosecutors eager to heed Sessions’ call for more death sentences,” she said. “At every turn, Attorney General Sessions has reversed years of progress to promote criminal justice reform and he has reignited the ‘War on Drugs.’ His actions threaten to exacerbate existing racial disparities that infect every stage of the criminal justice system, particularly decisions regarding who is issued a death sentence,” Clarke said.

“Moreover, the Attorney General’s memo comes days after President Trump called for use of the death penalty against drug dealers in a speech at a rally. Americans deserve a Justice Department that is committed to promoting justice and not a political agenda.This action stands as further evidence of the politicization of the Justice Department,” she added.

Legal Group: Death Penalty for Drug Dealers Will ‘Disproportionately Affect Black and Latinos’

See also:

March 21, 2018 -- In a statement that reflects the White House's view on drug dealing, Attorney General Jeff Sessions "strongly" enouragd federal prosecutors to use several existing federal laws to seek the death penalty against drug dealers.
"To combat this deadly epidemic" of drug abuse and drug-related deaths, "federal prosecutors must consider every lawful tool at their disposal," said Sessions in a March 20 statement. "[T]his should also include the pursuit of capital punishment in appropriate cases," said the attorney general.

heroin_shutterstock-1496252469-4310.jpg

He then cited several laws that allow federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty for certain drug-related crimes. These include certain racketeering activities (18 USC 1959); "the use of a firearm resulting in death druing a drug trafficking crime" (18 USC 924); "murder in furtherance of a continuing criminal enterprise" (21 USC 848); and "dealing in extremely large quantities of drugs" (18 USC 3591(b)(1)). "I strongly encourage federal prosecutors to use these statutes, when appropriate, to aid in our continuing fight against drug trafficking and the destruction it causes in our nation," said Sessions.

Attorney General Sessions also stated that an "opiod coordinator" should be assigned in every federal district and work in conjunction with the Opiod Fraud and Abuse Detection Unit. "Drug overdoses, including overdoses caused by the lethal substance fentanyl and its analogues, killed 64,000 Americans in 2016 and now rank as the leading cause of death for Americans under 50," reported Sessions. "In the face of all this death, we cannot continue with business as usual."

This is nothing more than to distract attention away from the Russian investigation. What are they going to do hang someone because they gave a 1/2 oz. of pot to one of their friends---:auiqs.jpg:

The death penalty is for people who go out and deliberately murder innocent victims.

Someone who is taking drugs is going to their drug dealer and purchasing it from them, with full knowledge that by taking it, it could kill them, meaning they are "complicit" in their own death. Henceforth, no JUDGE in this country would order the execution of a drug dealer. Years in prison yes, but no death penalty.

Who else is sick & tired of listening to that lying pos Jeff Sessions and what he has to say.

Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice
Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show
Democrats demand that Sessions explain his meeting with Papadopoulos

What's wrong with a political ploy to attract attention to the current crisis in opioid deaths by recommending the death penalty to (doctors?) people who benefit from killing mostly young stupid kids with prescription drugs? If the death penalty shocks doctors and other drug merchants into going straight it has achieved it's purpose without even being passed in congress.

Forum List

Back