Gingrich and his death penalty for all drug dealers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gadawg73, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    will not sit well with true conservatives in the party. I remember very well his speeeches during that time. I was on the board of the youth football league in our county and we put on a youth football jamboree that summer. We invited him to come and shake a few hands and such. Well, the media bombarded the place and he made comments about the death penalty for drug dealers that day at this camp. Off the wall. One can look at the bill he proposed and someone convicted ofsmuggling large amounts of reefer would get the death penalty. He made comments that he wanted mass executions for drug dealers. The Republican party has once again to be a dysfunctional party. If Gingrich is the nominee the DEmocrats will have A FRIGGIN FIELD DAY with him.

2. Sundial

Sundial Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Maybe Gingrich could send them to his moon base, instead.

3. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,895
    Ouch! Newt's made quite a few statements that I know he'd love to take back.

I still see him as the "lesser" of two idiots, hold my nose and vote for him over the incompetent boob we have now....

4. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,175

Gingrich back in the early 90's was one of the pioneer's of medical marijuana--and of course him getting popular and looking at speaker of the house retracted his point of view on that.--And I imagine he would like to take back the death penalty comment that he made 17 years ago too. But Gingrich is fully aware of the medical benefits of medical marijuana--whereas Mitt Romney just wants everyone to shove a pill down their throats--and call it good.

It's all politics.

Now the moron we have in the oval office originally told the justice department to lay off of states with medical marijuana approval--and recently he has sent out the DEA to bust up medical marijuana clinics in California.

So it's 6 to 1/2 dozen. It's all politics--and until all politicians respect the rights of the states to enforce their own drug laws--we will be playing this musical chair game for quite some time to come.

Ron Paul is right. We have 3 Presidents that have admitted using marijuana--and we're still throwing citizens in prison over it. 17 MILLION Americans -are smoking marijuana on a regular basis--and over 130 million Americans have admitted trying it. --I really don't think we can afford that many prisons in this country for non-violent citizens--who typically work--and pay taxes themselves.

And anyone running for the GOP nomination needs to respect States rights--on the medical marijuana issue. There are currently 17 states that have medical marijuana approval-and more states coming on board with it--and many of these states are swing states.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  5. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,755
    I think the death penalty for all drug dealers would be a very good thing. Might as well give the death penalty to drug users too and speed up the end to their miserable lives.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    Of all the statements Newt has said, you think this will get the conservatives upset with him?

I think the conservatives in this country are in a fog right now for some reason.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  8. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    It would be nice if you had any link IMO. In the end yes, very stange school of thought but now that I have looked into Newt it's not shocking in the least... Newt is Big Government and anti the constitution, he has made that more than clear, all you have to do is look at Newts own words or hell, you can find video...

9. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,329
    ?

Really??

10. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    Tobacco growers, Budweiser, Miller, Jack Daniels et al, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, Roche, Eli Lily, Bristol Myers and the entire American Medical Association are a lot of folks to execute. How do we go about that?