Giant cruise ship makes historic voyage in melting Arctic

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
just what the area needs, more destruction of the natural habitat with these floating monstrosities

The Crystal Serenity's visit to Alaska's western coast is historic. At nearly three football fields long and 13 stories tall, the cruise ship is the largest ever to traverse the Northwest Passage, where its well-heeled guests glimpsed polar bears, kayaked along Canada's north shore, landed on pristine beaches and hiked where few have stepped.

Some remote villages along the way are seeing dollar signs, while environmentalists are seeing doom. They say the voyage represents global warming and man's destruction of the Earth.

The terrible irony with the Crystal Serenity's voyage is that it's taking place only because of climate change and the melting Arctic, said Michael Byers, a professor in the political science department at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. The Northwest Passage, which connects the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, has long been choked off by ice. But melting brought on by climate change is allowing passengers to cruise up the Bering Strait and then head east toward Greenland over the Arctic Ocean before docking next week in New York City.

the irony

"We're going off on a wildlife adventure right now, and that, to me, is what it's all about in our twilight years — kind of experiencing things before crazy humans destroy it," Bob Lentz said.

Giant cruise ship makes historic voyage in melting Arctic :: WRAL.com

WTF! The Artic is still melting....really?

I thought it melted long ago. Al Gore said so.

I'd better get me a piece of that new farm land being created by global warming. Talk about fertile soil!

upload_2016-9-9_8-24-41.png

I'd better get me a piece of that new farm land being created by global warming. Talk about fertile soil!

View attachment 88811
Yeah!!!

We should open a real estate agency and sell water front property on Hudson Bay...as a tropical paradise. Rich libs will be our target demographic.

View attachment 88811
Yeah!!!

We should open a real estate agency and sell water front property on Hudson Bay...as a tropical paradise. Rich libs will be our target demographic.

That works out great, because I'd like to live north of Saskatchewan Province. Preferably along one of those many glacier lakes. Why import glacial rock dust from Canada when you can get it at the source?

How the hell did they see polar bears. Their numbers should have fallen so low that sighting would be very rare because of GLOBAL WARMING !!!!!!. Oh wait their number have increased.

Forum List

Back