Ghost Busters

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Is there a reason they're all women? It just seems like a ploy or some PC BS; and it has made me want to stay away from the movie. Plus, the trailers I've seen have made me think it's D level talent in the second place.....

I am wary, but I hope it is good. They are toying with my childhood. lol

Well, give us a review once you've seen it. It just looks like they took what could've been a bitchin' remake and turned it to sh**. And I'm not trying to be misogynistic; but let's get to reality. Hunting ghosts and using nuclear lasers is pretty testosterone filled from the outset. I don't like that they pivoted from that simple reality. It shows me that they thought they had a slam dunk that they couldn't fuck up when that is not the case at all. You got to take great care with fine art.

Not overly interested in seeing it, unless SiL and grandson invite me to see it with them.

Be interesting to see the weekend take

Well, give us a review once you've seen it. It just looks like they took what could've been a bitchin' remake and turned it to sh**. And I'm not trying to be misogynistic; but let's get to reality. Hunting ghosts and using nuclear lasers is pretty testosterone filled from the outset. I don't like that they pivoted from that simple reality. It shows me that they thought they had a slam dunk that they couldn't fuck up when that is not the case at all. You got to take great care with fine art.

I'll give ya'll a review after I go next on Tuesday. Cheers!

I've been very critical about recent movies pushing some PC agenda (mainly from recent comic book movies), but I don't detect that from this one. I'm willing to give it a chance. It seems they just wanted to reboot it in an entirely different fashion. As far as TheGreatGatsby comment goes about "testosterone filled" the Ghostbusters were never that. People like Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis were never Hollywood's alpha-males. They were cast because they were anything but that. They were timid characters who really had no idea what they were doing, and that's what made the story so entertaining.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Is there a reason they're all women? It just seems like a ploy or some PC BS; and it has made me want to stay away from the movie. Plus, the trailers I've seen have made me think it's D level talent in the second place.....
So they can whine all over the internet that people that think the trailers look stupid are sexist.

I can't stand any of the women in this movie, but my kids want to go do we will see.

I've been very critical about recent movies pushing some PC agenda (mainly from recent comic book movies), but I don't detect that from this one. I'm willing to give it a chance. It seems they just wanted to reboot it in an entirely different fashion. As far as TheGreatGatsby comment goes about "testosterone filled" the Ghostbusters were never that. People like Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis were never Hollywood's alpha-males. They were cast because they were anything but that. They were timid characters who really had no idea what they were doing, and that's what made the story so entertaining.

Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis are probably 3 of the most laid back actors to hit the screen, big or small

Last edited:

I haven't heard news of any molestation scenes, so it shouldn't toy with your childhood too much.

Busting makes me feel good! :lol:

Who you gonna call? Nut busters! I ain't afraid of no nuts.

You're incorrigible. lol

Every night your face looks like a white Slimer attacked you. :lol:

I haven't heard news of any molestation scenes, so it shouldn't toy with your childhood too much.

You're incorrigible. lol

I wouldn't know. I don't see race. lol

Difference between being testosterone driven and alpha dogs. I just meant that catching those ghosts and carrying those heavy packs was basically suited for males especially. And in our world, it's been males who have been at the forefront of technology and weapons; that is undeniable. The change is just not grounded in any sort of reality.

You're incorrigible. lol

But Leslie Jones does when she tweeted "white people shit" in February.

And she just barely posted this racists, homophobic, genocidal tweet:

CnssjrVW8AAF5zB.jpg

You're incorrigible. lol

CnssjrVW8AAF5zB.jpg
Ain't she/he/it precious?

I mean really ...are we even sure it's a woman?

Looks hideous. Any movie I can see The View crew liking I wouldn't go to if you paid me. Paid me a lot.,

You're incorrigible. lol

CnssjrVW8AAF5zB.jpg
Ain't she/he/it precious?

I mean really ...are we even sure it's a woman?

She's a a BT-1000.

Forum List

Back