Ghost Busters

From the above article, this picture alone demonstrates how the movie sucked. Actors/directors can't even sync up their emotions. One is chillin, one is freakishly happy, one is passive, and the last has a cry face while the drummer in the background is just phoning it in.

ghostbusters-preview.jpg

Ghostbusters launched Kate McKinnon as everyone's new favorite comedic actress?

Hardly. She was the worst thing about this movie.

Totally over the top and annoying.

Hollywood really is clueless aren't they?

Ghostbusters launched Kate McKinnon as everyone's new favorite comedic actress?

Hardly. She was the worst thing about this movie.

Totally over the top and annoying.

Hollywood really is clueless aren't they?

I don't watch SNL anymore. But this just shows that these actresses are artificially pumped up by their loser network.

Seriously this movie almost ruined Chris Hemsworths part by writing his character stupid beyond belief. Not funny... Just painfully stupid. Then he became the evil entity and stole the show from the rest of the nitwits in the cast.

Melissa McCarthy actually tones it down for this movie. Which makes her watchable for a change.

The other girls however... completely boring to borderline retarded.

The movie had a few good moments but really could have been so much better.

Loved the original cast cameo's.

Last edited:
Seriously this movie almost ruined Chris Hemsworths part by writing his character stupid beyond belief. Not funny... Just painfully stupid. Then he became the evil entity and stole the show from the rest of the nitwits in the cast.

Melissa McCarthy actually tones it down for this movie. Which makes her watchable for a change.

This was bound to happen on this level. It happened to Letterman when he became a hypersensitive libtard kool aid drinker. On top of that, the writing is just very lazy. They basically stole all the same beats from the original.

This was bound to happen on this level. It happened to Letterman when he became a hypersensitive libtard kool aid drinker. On top of that, the writing is just very lazy. They basically stole all the same beats from the original.
Well that and it was written by shitty SNL type writers. Acted by shitty SNL comedians.

Sorry SNL has always sucked. And SNL skits definitely don't belong on the big screen on any level.

SNL the show that got awesome guest stars and made them all suck (see Kiefer Sutherland).

I probably wouldn't even bother to watch this movie, TBH.
I wouldn't have either except for the fact that my kids wanted to go so I took them.

Star Trek, Civil War, Batman vs Superman and the Junglebook were way better than this ( each of which we have seen two to three times ea) will let you know about Central Intelligence ...which is next on their list. :)

Reviews have not been good. I think they need to leave these sequels in the idea bin. The movie has grossed $50 mil more than it cost to make so far world wide, but I'd think a 2nd one would be out. But who knows.

2016 Yearly Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

I was cynical when I heard the premise but still had a seed of optimism. This movie basically is a symbol of what we all knew about non-funny, oppressive elitists though. And the only debate for me is who it took the biggest turd on: The fans, the general population or the original movie?

I had read a report (it was a headline on a major site) that Ghostbusters had broke profitability. It stated it hit $158 M in revenues on a $144 M production budget. One YT vid said that doesn't include $140 M advertising budget. This site lists the move at only $121 M. I think that must've been a fluff piece that Sony paid for. Those bastards are rightfully taking a bath on this.

Movie heavily into stereo types.

Angry feminists = good. Hot blond beefcake = Stupid.

Had to kill the big baddie with laser beams to the crotch.

So dumb.

I had read a report (it was a headline on a major site) that Ghostbusters had broke profitability. It stated it hit $158 M in revenues on a $144 M production budget. One YT vid said that doesn't include $140 M advertising budget. This site lists the move at only $121 M. I think that must've been a fluff piece that Sony paid for. Those bastards are rightfully taking a bath on this.

$121 mil is the domestic gross so far. If you click each movie you'll get far more details, the world-wide gross is $195 mil. In general 60% of any movie's gross nowadays comes from overseas, it is usually larger than the domestic. So whether it breaks even in the end or makes some money I doubt there will be a second.

Forum List

Back