Get rid of Social Security now?

Do you know that there are companies that have locked in gains so that if the market goes down, you don't lose any of your profits.
Here is one Company that does this.
Stock Market Growth With No Market Risk
If Americans had their Social Security put into something like this, they would be much better off.
Congress could not get their hands on it.
You would be in control of it, not the government.

A guaranteed return is a guaranteed loss.

This was sort of the arrangement before Social Security, people invest, and save their money for their old age. Such an easy plan and so capitalistic, what happened to that plan, why did we change all that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6whSWn1RRM]Great Depression - YouTube[/ame]

(O.K., move along.....)

NEXT??!!!

Social security will not prevent another great depression.

Social security will ensure that the mindless sheep will be dependent on the fucking government in their old age.

Wow. Your fully indoctrinated aren't you?

If you had control of that money, you'd be better off and would be able to retire on more than a subsistence income.
If, in 2007, you and I had control of the money we paid into FICA and had it invested in some component of the stock market, and the market collapsed as it did, destroying the retirement plans of millions, I suggest you'd be singing a different tune today -- in spite of the brainwash which apparently controls your thinking.

I've done the math over and over again and no matter how you slice it you lose with social security.
Sure. In your mind.

I've done very satisfactorily with my retirement situation, which includes Social Security. And I'm very grateful to FDR for it -- among other things.

How old are you, by the way?

So you are basing the performance of a working lifetime, say 45 years or so on the performance of the stock market for one year?
Which is like saying to someone who's been shot in the belly that he's concerned about the effects of just one bullet. All it takes for something as tenuous as the stock market to ruin a national economy is a few days! And that reality is the very reason why we have the Social Security program.

The performance of the stock market in just one year is what brought about the Great Depression. And were it not for such federal safeguards as Social Security the same thing would have happened in '08. As it is, many millions of working class Americans have been reduced to poverty or near poverty by the stock market, the perfidy of which is controlled by Wall Street Gordon Geckos.

That's awfully shortsighted of you.

The stock market over any period of time over 30 years has averaged almost a 10% return and common sense investing strategies such as decreasing the amount of money in equities as you near retirement age effectively safeguard principle.

And you may be comfortable settling for satisfactory when it comes to your money but many of us who can think for ourselves aren't.
Are you kiidding? Think for yourself? It is glaringly obvious that the likes of Rush Limbaugh have done your thinking for you.

The bottom line in this disagreement is this: Social Security is not expected to pay big dividends. It is not an investment program. It is an insurance program. And the way things have been playing out you could have cause to be very grateful for it in the near future.

I asked how old you are because, as I've mentioned previously, very few people below age fifty truly believe they ever will get old. That simple fact of human nature is the very reason why younger people are skeptical about the Social Security program and are susceptible to corporatist propaganda about it. I'm seventy-six and I have cause to thank FDR on the first of every month. As, hopefully, you will too, someday.

I hate to break this to you but one day you will look in a mirror and realize you are an old man. And on that day so many of the piss-and-vinegar ideas you have today will evaporate like smoke.

Keep this in mind: Every one of the wealthy people you know paid into Social Security just like you do and it didn't stop them from getting rich. So if getting rich is your goal, and if you can't do it, don't blame it on Social Security.

This was sort of the arrangement before Social Security, people invest, and save their money for their old age. Such an easy plan and so capitalistic, what happened to that plan, why did we change all that?

1. Because it did not work. I suggest you look at the census for the years before SS. See how many widows lived in poor houses.

2. People became disabled before Medicaid - many times on the job which they lost and soon were on the streets.

3. People today did invest with capitalists, some didn't do so well with Bernie Madoff and the crash of '08.

4. Not all people could invest, without collective bargaining many lived hand to mouth.

5. Seems this is where the reactionary GOP hopes to take us.

If, in 2007, you and I had control of the money we paid into FICA and had it invested in some component of the stock market, and the market collapsed as it did, destroying the retirement plans of millions, I suggest you'd be singing a different tune today -- in spite of the brainwash which apparently controls your thinking.

Sure. In your mind.

I've done very satisfactorily with my retirement situation, which includes Social Security. And I'm very grateful to FDR for it -- among other things.

How old are you, by the way?

So you are basing the performance of a working lifetime, say 45 years or so on the performance of the stock market for one year?
Which is like saying to someone who's been shot in the belly that he's concerned about the effects of just one bullet. All it takes for something as tenuous as the stock market to ruin a national economy is a few days! And that reality is the very reason why we have the Social Security program.

Allowing the government to confiscate 15% of your lifetime income will not prevent another great depression. It will however ensure that you have millions less than you could have had.

The performance of the stock market in just one year is what brought about the Great Depression. And were it not for such federal safeguards as Social Security the same thing would have happened in '08. As it is, many millions of working class Americans have been reduced to poverty or near poverty by the stock market, the perfidy of which is controlled by Wall Street Gordon Geckos.

That's awfully shortsighted of you.

The stock market over any period of time over 30 years has averaged almost a 10% return and common sense investing strategies such as decreasing the amount of money in equities as you near retirement age effectively safeguard principle.

And you may be comfortable settling for satisfactory when it comes to your money but many of us who can think for ourselves aren't.
Are you kiidding? Think for yourself? It is glaringly obvious that the likes of Rush Limbaugh have done your thinking for you.

Ah yes the assumption that I waste my time listening to or watching someone spoon feed opinions to sheep like you.

I do not get any of my info from the idiot box because unlike you, I am not an idiot and I am more than capable of handling my own money.

The bottom line in this disagreement is this: Social Security is not expected to pay big dividends. It is not an investment program. It is an insurance program. And the way things have been playing out you could have cause to be very grateful for it in the near future.

I asked how old you are because, as I've mentioned previously, very few people below age fifty truly believe they ever will get old. That simple fact of human nature is the very reason why younger people are skeptical about the Social Security program and are susceptible to corporatist propaganda about it. I'm seventy-six and I have cause to thank FDR on the first of every month. As, hopefully, you will too, someday.

I hate to break this to you but one day you will look in a mirror and realize you are an old man. And on that day so many of the piss-and-vinegar ideas you have today will evaporate like smoke.

Keep this in mind: Every one of the wealthy people you know paid into Social Security just like you do and it didn't stop them from getting rich. So if getting rich is your goal, and if you can't do it, don't blame it on Social Security.

If you're fucking stupid enough to allow someone to take 15% of your lifetime earnings and not have it pay decent dividends then you are too stupid to handle your own money.

And FYI if one is wealthy and has no earned income then one does not pay into SS. In fact I do not pay SS on a large part of my annual earnings because I happen to own my own business.

I want everyone to be able to control their own lives and the first step to doing that is to give them control over their own financial future.

Last edited:
Social security will not prevent another great depression.

Social security will ensure that the mindless sheep will be dependent on the fucking government in their old age.
...'Cause Wall Street would make their savings DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I would accept a check even without interest for the FICA tax I was forced to pay during my working life. I could do much better in the stock market or investing the money than I can get from the federal government. When George Bush tried a minor tweaking of the social security system the democrat party managed to convince fools including Black families that it was not in their best interest even though Black males have the highest average for dying without collecting SS benefits and Bush would have allowed potential recipients to will a portion of their SS. Democrats screamed about that and the ability to invest a portion of FICA taxes in the stock market because they wanted it all.

Allowing the government to confiscate 15% of your lifetime income will not prevent another great depression. It will however ensure that you have millions less than you could have had.

Ah yes the assumption that I waste my time listening to or watching someone spoon feed opinions to sheep like you.

I do not get any of my info from the idiot box because unlike you, I am not an idiot and I am more than capable of handling my own money.

If you're fucking stupid enough to allow someone to take 15% of your lifetime earnings and not have it pay decent dividends then you are too stupid to handle your own money.

Who should handle "your own money"? Goldman Sach's? See link below

And FYI if one is wealthy and has no earned income then one does not pay into SS. In fact I do not pay SS on a large part of my annual earnings because I happen to own my own business.

I want everyone to be able to control their own lives and the first step to doing that is to give them control over their own financial future.

What was the life expectancy in the late 19th century? SS payments continue until the recipient dies. That is the 'dividend' of SS. Medicare and now Obamacare allows one to live longer and to avoid losing everything they earned. Why not admit you don't want to pay payroll taxes and that is the basis of your opinion?

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_21828103/why-i-left-goldman-sachs-greg-smiths-blistering

Last edited:

What was the life expectancy in the late 19th century? SS payments continue until the recipient dies. That is the 'dividend' of SS. Medicare and now Obamacare allows one to live longer and to avoid losing everything they earned. Why not admit you don't want to pay payroll taxes and that is the basis of your opinion?

I want to keep the 15% of my income that the government confiscates because in my hands it would be worth more for me in the future.

Instead of getting a measly grand or two a month in retirement I could have 4 or 5 grand a month and still have a large sum left over after I croak to leave to my family or anyone else I wanted.

Keeping that money gives even one who has only made an average income a chance to establish the seeds of generational wealth for his family but that is the last thing the fucking government wants.

For many, the sum is far better than they would do otherwise.

And it is not the government's job to allow corporations to enrich themselves at worker expense.
Both parties are responsible for the need for SS reform and restoration of monies.

Privatization of SS accounts is a corporatist attempt to raid the working classes' for corporatist enrichment. Don't do it.

Letting people keep and control 15% of their lifetime earnings so that they can retire financially independent is the right thing to do.

Confiscating that money and then making people live on a pittance is the government's way of ensuring the dependence of the people not their independence.

And it is not the government's job to allow corporations to enrich themselves at worker expense.
Both parties are responsible for the need for SS reform and restoration of monies.

Privatization of SS accounts is a corporatist attempt to raid the working classes' for corporatist enrichment. Don't do it.

Letting people keep and control 15% of their lifetime earnings so that they can retire financially independent is the right thing to do.

Confiscating that money and then making people live on a pittance is the government's way of ensuring the dependence of the people not their independence.

How is a corporation stealing money from an investor or a worker as you put it?

No one is forced to invest in a particular company are they?

And anyone and I do mean anyone can do better in the long term with that 15% of their income than the fucking government will do.

Only you are talking about corporations "stealing money" American SS investments. I said nothing of the sort. You know something we don't?

You make all of the allegatiions you want, fukskull, but without evidence, you would be better off shutting up.

And anyone and I do mean anyone can do better in the long term with that 15% of their income than the fucking government will do.

Only you are talking about corporations "stealing money" American SS investments. I said nothing of the sort. You know something we don't?

You make all of the allegatiions you want, fukskull, but without evidence, you would be better off shutting up.

And it is not the government's job to allow corporations to enrich themselves at worker expense

I'll ask again how does a corporation enrich itself at a workers expense if that worker freely invests his money in that corporation?

And isn't enriching oneself against the will of another the same as stealing from them?

And is it the fucking government's job to ensure that people retire more poorly than they could if they were allowed to keep the 15% of their money confiscated for the SS scams?

The fucking government is the one stealing from us not any corporation

We begin with your falsification of me supposedly writing "How is a corporation stealing money from an investor or a worker as you put it?", which I never wrote, said, or thought. (emphasis and bolding added).

Skull, you need to apologize before we go further if you want a discussion on this.

I won't play with a dishonest fuker.

And it is not the government's job to allow corporations to enrich themselves at worker expense

I'll ask again how does a corporation enrich itself at a workers expense if that worker freely invests his money in that corporation?

And isn't enriching oneself against the will of another the same as stealing from them?

And is it the fucking government's job to ensure that people retire more poorly than they could if they were allowed to keep the 15% of their money confiscated for the SS scams?

We begin with your falsification of me supposedly writing "How is a corporation stealing money from an investor or a worker as you put it?", which I never wrote, said, or thought. (emphasis and bolding added).

Skull, you need to apologize before we go further if you want a discussion on this.

23113242.jpg

:lol: Get caught in a lie and you want to boo hoo, Skull.

Fancy holy Moses, grow up, son.

Then you really should stop "playing with yourself".. Especially in public.. People can't get you to answer a direct question..

Letting folks have a CHOICE in how their retirement funds are "stored" is not CORPORATE theft by any measure.. But NOT GIVING THEM CHOICE and letting the politicians RAID their SS contributions and premiums definately is theft... Isn't it Jake????

Skull got caught in a lie, like you were caught in a situation, for which you paid.

When we let corporate sharks "help" hundreds of millions of Americans "handle" their investments, what the fuck, fuker, do you think is going to happen.

We the People, through our representatives, make such choices, libertarian fuk, for us, so that all of us have some form of income in our old age.

You flat heads are so fucked up.

Forum List

Back